Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Prospect goalie rankem

  1. #1
    senryu's Avatar
    senryu is online now
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    818
    Rep Power
    26

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Prospect goalie rankem

    16 team dynasty, GAA, SV%, and Wins

    Looking for a mix of who has the highest potential and likelihood of making the NHL.

    Mikhail Berdin
    Chris Driedger
    Filip Gustavsson
    Kasimir Kaskisuo
    Vitek Vanecek

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Prospect goalie rankem

    Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    16 team dynasty, GAA, SV%, and Wins

    Looking for a mix of who has the highest potential and likelihood of making the NHL.

    Mikhail Berdin
    Chris Driedger
    Filip Gustavsson
    Kasimir Kaskisuo
    Vitek Vanecek

    Thanks
    Well as we all know, prospect goalies are mainly voodoo but if I had to guess here on two, I'd say Gustavsson and Dreidger. Not saying either will be impact goalies, but I like their chances today of making it down the road.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, JBoqvist, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  3. #3
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    17,366
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Prospect goalie rankem

    Gustavsson
    Driedger
    Berdin
    Vanecek


    Kaskisuo - I consider him irrelevant. Woll & Scott are about to blow by him.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  4. #4
    stevegamer's Avatar
    stevegamer is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,091
    Location
    Philadelphia area
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Prospect goalie rankem

    Chris Driedger - I think he's the Panthers backup moving forward, and he's played well enough to perhaps see a starting opportunity elsewhere, like Seattle.

    Filip Gustavsson - I'm not sure he beats out Hogberg honestly. The AHL numbers aren't really impressive, but he could take a step forward. Ottawa has nothing behind Nilsson, really, and he's been out a lot this year.

    Mikhail Berdin/Vitek Vanecek - these guys have decent AHL numbers, but young goalies in front of them who are at least as talented that will be hard to pass. They might be NHL caliber starting goalies, but it may not be in the current organization.


    Kasimir Kaskisuo - AHL numbers not great, entrenched starter in front of him, hot prospects behind him. Your hope is that he's a NHL backup soon.
    10 team Head-to-head true dynasty. Roster 33, draft 2, cut down before season. Start 1 G, 1 backup G, 6 D, 12 F arranged in 4 lines of 3. Only categories that matter are Goals, Assists, Save% with a shutout bonus. Having NHL teammates helps.

    G: Bobrovsky
    Backup G: F Andersen
    D: Ekblad, Yandle, Carlson, DeAngelo, Letang, Makar
    F1: Couturier, Giroux, Voracek
    F2: Schiefele, Wheeler, MacKinnon
    F3: Stamkos, Point, JT Miller
    F4: Bertuzzi, Tavares, Seguin

    Bench:
    G:
    D: Barrie, M Reilly, Heiskanen, Klingberg, Morissey, Weegar
    F: Bailey, Benn, Guentzel, Johnsson, Labanc, Mikheyev, Necas
    Reserve: Datsyuk

  5. #5
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    17,366
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Prospect goalie rankem

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Chris Driedger - I think he's the Panthers backup moving forward, and he's played well enough to perhaps see a starting opportunity elsewhere, like Seattle.

    Filip Gustavsson - I'm not sure he beats out Hogberg honestly. The AHL numbers aren't really impressive, but he could take a step forward. Ottawa has nothing behind Nilsson, really, and he's been out a lot this year.

    Mikhail Berdin/Vitek Vanecek - these guys have decent AHL numbers, but young goalies in front of them who are at least as talented that will be hard to pass. They might be NHL caliber starting goalies, but it may not be in the current organization.


    Kasimir Kaskisuo - AHL numbers not great, entrenched starter in front of him, hot prospects behind him. Your hope is that he's a NHL backup soon.
    If Dreidger ends up in Seattle... then yeah I can see him becoming the best option.

    I'm also hot on the Hogberg train and have scooped him in 3 pools.
    .917 svpct the last two months of the season for Ott & 8 OT/SO losses.

    otherworldly numbers considering the team.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  6. #6
    senryu's Avatar
    senryu is online now
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    818
    Rep Power
    26

    Dobber Sports Initiate

    Default Re: Prospect goalie rankem

    If Holtby is taken in the expansion draft, do you see Vanecek having the ability to hold down the Capitals' backup role? I'm tempted to hold onto him in the case that he can provide 25 starts per year in a couple years.

    Rep given where I could.

  7. #7
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    17,366
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Prospect goalie rankem

    Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If Holtby is taken in the expansion draft, do you see Vanecek having the ability to hold down the Capitals' backup role? I'm tempted to hold onto him in the case that he can provide 25 starts per year in a couple years.

    Rep given where I could.
    Holtby is UFA now... I doubt he re-signs with Wsh. He would probably want expansion protection & Wsh won't want to lose Samsonov. I expect Copley to be the back up for the interim.
    Vanecek could take 5yrs to make the NHL. There's really no way to tell

    Two guys that have better inside tracks to starters than anyone on your current list that might be available IMO -

    Prosvetov in Arz &
    Kahkonen in Minn
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •