Thread: Early Lineup Projections for the 2021 World Juniors

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Early Lineup Projections for the 2021 World Juniors

The 2021 World Juniors are still a long way out but I was bored, so I started making lineup projections already. Prospects who make it to the World Juniors usually gain value in fantasy hockey leagues, so it's a good idea to start stockpiling possible players early on and then selling them after the tournament when their perceived value is very high.

Part 1 focuses on Group A which includes Canada, Finland, Switzerland, Slovakia and Germany. Part 2 should be coming out over the next couple of days.

Part 1 >> https://dobberprospects.com/early-li...niors-group-a/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Early Lineup Projections for the 2021 World Juniors

I hear a lot of good things about Tuukka Tieksola. Wager a guess on what his ceiling could be in the NHL?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I hear a lot of good things about Tuukka Tieksola. Wager a guess on what his ceiling could be in the NHL?
    Top six winger with 70+ points. I ranked him in the 2nd round pre-draft. Hugely talented offensive player and a great skater. Very underdeveloped physically but once he adds some man strength to his scrawny body, he'll be on everyone's radar. But that'll take time, so he's more of a long-term project but one whose upside makes it worth the wait.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Part 2 with Russia, Sweden, USA, Czech Republic and Austria is out now >> https://dobberprospects.com/early-li...niors-group-b/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What are your thoughts on Spencer Knight as a goalie in the NHL??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Monster

That Canadian blueline is looking really solid.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    What are your thoughts on Spencer Knight as a goalie in the NHL??
    He can be a No. 1 goalie pretty quickly, let's say in 2-3 years. But the goalie situation in Florida is a bit of a mystery as to what they'll end up doing with Bob signed for another 6 years at $10M. I guess it depends on which Bob we see over the next 2-3 years.

Dobber Sports Deity

A kid to keep an eye out for a one of my buddies sons who plays for the Mooseheads; Cameron (Cam) Whynot. He was a rookie this past year for the Moose and after they traded away most of their vets to rebuild, he assumed a ton of icetime and it was noticed around the league. He really stepped up on the blueline and played in most situations. Not too shabby for a 16 year old.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."