Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ilya Sorokin signing with the Isles

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Ilya Sorokin signing with the Isles

Ilya Sorokin is finally crossing the pond, and it won't be long before he's the No. 1 goalie for the Islanders.

https://dobberprospects.com/player/ilya-sorokin/

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Ilya Sorokin signing with the Isles

I can get on board with that

Dobber Sports Padawan

Very exciting news!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Definitely exciting to hear. Hope he is up to the task...let's see how Mitch Korn works with the young star in the making!

Administrator

When you own Thatcher Demko in a dynasty league and he's not even your best prospect G...

Can't wait to see Sorokin play over here!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

It's been a long time of calling Sorokin and Shesterkin the best goalie prospects out there. We've seen Shesterkin live up to the hype early on. Looking forward to seeing if Sorokin can do the same.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Есмантович: ЦСКА начал обсуждать контракт с Сорокиным, Капризов подпишет контракт в НХЛ

President of CSKA Igor Esmantovich commented on reports about the possible signing of new contracts with goalie Ilia Sorokin and forward Kirill Kaprisov for the season-2020/2021.

"This week, to be more precise, June 1, began discussing the contract with Ilya Sorokin. Kaprisov was also in contact, interested in Kirill 's plans for the future. He said that he decided to sign a contract with the NHL club, "- said Esmantovich the press service of CSKA on Twitter.

The 23-year-old Kaprisov made his debut in the KHL in the season-2014/2015 as a part of Novokuznik Metallurg. In Kuzna Kirill spent two seasons, after which he moved to Salavat Yulayev. In the Ufa team Kaprisov spent a year and moved to CSKA, where he won the 2019 Gagarin Cup. In total, during his career in the league, the Russian played 340 matches, in which he scored 124 goals and made 137 assists. The hockey player intends to continue his career with the Minnesota Wild.

Dobber Sports Master

sorokins waiting to see if he can burn off the 1 year elc and go straight to RFA .

Dobber Sports Master

Darren Dreger
    @DarrenDreger
    Islanders prospect goalie, Ilya Sorokin has changed North American agents and is now represented by
    @HockeyAgent1

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    Darren Dreger
    @DarrenDreger
    Islanders prospect goalie, Ilya Sorokin has changed North American agents and is now represented by
    @HockeyAgent1
    That may be a good sign. I believe Dan Milstein was recently barred from representing clients in the KHL though assumed his agency could just use a proxy agent when needed. I could be wrong about the specifics though. Either way, plenty of his Russian clients have signed NHL contracts recently.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That may be a good sign. I believe Dan Milstein was recently barred from representing clients in the KHL though assumed his agency could just use a proxy agent when needed. I could be wrong about the specifics though. Either way, plenty of his Russian clients have signed NHL contracts recently.
    he's been vocal about allowing his clients to sign deals now that essentially burn a year off elc . this would benefit sorokin in a big way as he'd go straight to RFA if he could burn his 1 year obligation towards elc in the coming days and perhaps even sneak into a playoff game .

The Great One

Wouldn't the subject title of this thread be better as "Sorokin changes agent"? He hasn't signed. And from what I've read, it's the same speculation about signing as always. Just a new agent.

Has he come out and said he will sign even if he can't burn a year of the ELC? If he has, I've missed that.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Wouldn't the subject title of this thread be better as "Sorokin changes agent"? He hasn't signed. And from what I've read, it's the same speculation about signing as always. Just a new agent.

Has he come out and said he will sign even if he can't burn a year of the ELC? If he has, I've missed that.
    isles beat writer for the athletic(staple) doesnt think he'll sign unless he can burn his elc . In post #7 dennis posts that sorokin is in early talks with cska on an extension .

his new agent (milstein) has been vocal about letting his clients burn a year off elc (kaprizov , the mtl d-man and now he added sorokin to his clients)citing that gavrikov , merzlikins , gusev were able to do so last year .

nobody knows whether sorokin is talking to cska in order to get the nhl-nhlpa to giddyup . he could be doing the exact opposite with his actions hoping that cska increases their offer .

but yes I agree , the title is misleading but I dont think JP knew it was going to take this long

The Great One

LOL. I just noticed the date of the OP. I thought this was from today. So clearly I'm special, not JP.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is this kid going to be the real deal??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..