Thread: Nuge. Will rep where I can.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Nuge. Will rep where I can.

Can we expect more of the same from Nuge moving forward? I mean, it seems unlikely to me that anyone in Edmonton’s bottom 6 takes his spot. Reason I’m asking is I was thinking about trying to acquire a first round pick for this upcoming draft. One particular idea my buddy had was Nuge and Zadina for a first which I was planning on using to pick a guy like Rossi, Perfetti, or Drysdale. To me personally, that seems way too steep. I was willing to do Nuge and Newhook since I know less about Newhook and his upside. Even that I think may be too much depending on what happens with Nuge next year and beyond. I’ve just become a big fan of Rossi and Perfetti. I’m a prospect junkie. It’s the most fun part of fantasy for me. So I do tend to overpay for them. Haha.

Any and all insight would be appreciated.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Nuge. Will rep where I can.

You have Turcotte, Caufield, and Zegras. And honestly 6 outstanding prospects. Yeah unless your plan is to dice your entire team apart and aim for 4-5 years out, I think you’d be badly overpaying for anyone outside the top 3 picks in 2020 draft. Maybe, just maybe you have greater need at GK (but you didn’t say what GK categories or values were).
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Jedi

No.. Keep RNH if that's the deal.

1. he's your best keeper (that's not great)
    2. you're rolling the dice that who you acquire will reach RNH level in 3-4 years - that sets your rebuild back.
    3. don't add Zadina who is arguably = upside to who you would acquire by himself.
    4. don't rebuild a rebuild - you'll never win. you'll always spin wheels
    5. don't spend a decade rebuilding.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

The roster in my sig is not up to date. I’ve made a few trades. After I make my drops, my roster will be...

F: Nuge, Meier, Thomas, Gurianov, Granlund, Batherson, Zadina

D: Werenski

G: Merzlikins

P: Zegras, Nick Robertson, Caufield, Cozens, Ty Smith, Newhook

Obviously I’m in a rebuild..I decided to build a strong core of young stud (hopefully) forwards. Then work on D. In my league, goalies are not as valued for some reason. Some guys don’t even bother keeping a goalie after the season. They get 2 points for a win. 4 for a SO.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Both trade ideas are overpaying for me. In most of my leagues, both Zadina and Newhook were good 1st round picks themselves. It's like you're giving away RNH just to flip another 1st round quality player so you can do it all over again.

Silly trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

So you've got 4 legit keeper options (RNH, Meier, Werenski & Merzlikins) & some blossoming prospects
    You're massively overpaying for another prospect.
    RNH has finally developed into a 75+pt payer

Based on his age and your current roster - he's a core pieces for you for the next 5 years or until your prospects develop to the point he gets pushed out.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd probably want more than a first for Nugent-Hopkins, so I think that's a terrible idea.

I do think you should be keepins more than 1 defenseman, if you still have Hronek. Given the lack of goalie value in your league, I think about not keeping Elvis. You should be able to draft your goalies, or drop another forward.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks everyone for the advice! Will definitely hang on to RNH and Zadina.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Ace

RNH now will always be playing along side of either Drai or McD or both... he might by accident be a PPG player when healthy for the next 3 years. Add Yama to the mix and just keep stick on ice and keep head up... points galore! No trade. You have solid prospects already... and while you love that aspect, they can sink or swim by definition... prospects.

Plus this former first overall pick ain't too shabby a player... and only 26. Hard to believe that, right? He has his prime coming these next 4 years.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Icon

I am just another person saying that RNH is more valuable than any of the assets you have listed. I also would not trade RNH OR Zadina just to acquire a 1st round pick in this year's draft unless it is picks 1 or 2.