Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Silver Sluggers MLB League

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Silver Sluggers MLB League

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Well we made it through year 1 and onto year 2. Some very interesting decisions made for some people's keepers.
    Yeap... I had a tough decision... and I forgot to go back and change it! oops!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yeap... I had a tough decision... and I forgot to go back and change it! oops!
    With Noah?

With Noah?
    Yup...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Similar to Dobber League but with QS to make it 6x6.

1. Mookie Betts (LAD, OF)
    2. Luis Robert (CWS, OF)
    3. DJ LeMahieu (NYY, 1B/2B/3B)
    4. Gleyber Torres (NYY, 2B/SS)
    5. JD Martinez (Bos, OF)
    6. Shane Bieber (Cle, SP)
    7. Tyler Glasnow (TB, SP)
    8. Kenta Maeda (Min, SP)
    9. Sixto Sanchez (Mia, SP)
    10. MacKenzie Gore (SD, SP)

1.1 - Jarred Kelenic (Sea,OF)
    Had a thread on here a week or so ago about this. It was between Judge, Meadows, Hiura and doing this. Since I already have a league win under my belt
    I figured why not add another future stud to the stable of Betts, Robert, DJ, Bieber and hopefully Gleyber. Judge was just too injury prone for me to
    do it. When I was debating Judge I kind of wondered if people would just kind of ignore the elite prospects since it's Year 2 now and everyone realized
    that you only keep 10 so not every prospect should be drafted. I thought what if I go Judge and then Kelenic falls....but I didn't think that would happen.

2.12 - Max Muncy (LAD, 1B/2B/3B)
    3.1 - KeBryan Hayes (Pit, 3B)
    I would have taken Vaughn had he made it all the way back to me but he went at the beginning of round 2. Even though I have a very solid SP based,
    I was eyeing Morton but he went two picks before me. Dansby was another consideration but he went right before. Muncy and Hayes are two guys I own in Dobber
    so looks like I'm tying myself to the same ship.

4.12 - German Marquez (Col, SP)
    5.1 - Ryan Pressly (Hou,RP)
    Marquez was my top SP here and I love him as my SP5. That means I should be able to avoid Coors if I want. RPs were starting to go so I grabbed one
    who should get Saves all year. But again....don't love anyone in this range.

6.12 - Trey Mancini (Bal, 1B/OF)
    7.1 - Shohei Ohtani (LAA, Util)
    With 2 Util spots I loved getting Ohtani here. Other hitters in this range were Solak, Urshela, Cron, Donaldson, France, Laureano and Walker so I love Mancini and Ohtani
    over all of those guys.

8.12 - Will Smith (Atl,RP)
    9.1 - Emilio Pagan (SD,RP)
    RP were really starting to go so nabbed who I hope are the closers for 2 playoff teams. Someone took Soria before these guys?!? Anyways...

10.12 - Mitch Garver (Min,C)
    11.1 - Gavin Lux (LAD,2B)
    This really threw me off. Leading up to Garver not one but TWO guys took their second catcher!!! Very interesting and not something I would ever do, but it meant I had to grab one.
    Lux was just and upside pick for my bench at this point.

12.12 - John Means (Balt,SP)
    13.1 - Nick Wittgren (Cle,RP)
    Needed a SP and RP and they were tops in my list. QS is a stat so Means makes sense.

14.12 - Brendan Rodgers (Col,2B/SS)
    Straight to the IL and wait until he hits at Coors.

Keepers:

1. Machado (SD, 3B/SS)
    2. S. Marte (MIA, OF)
    3. Arenado (STL, 3B)
    4. Goldschmidt (1B, STL)
    5. W. Buehler (SP, LAD)
    6. Giolito (SP, CWS)
    7. A. Nola (SP, PHI)
    8. S. Gray (SP, CIN)
    9. N. Syndergaard (SP, NYM)
    10. A. Rutchsman (C, BAL)

Draft - I was celebrating my daughters 2nd birthday so I was not locked and loaded as I usually would be. I would here my phone and check and pick quick.

1.8 K.Bryant - Upside and sexy option here for a bounceback. Didn't have a lot of time to scroll and look so I tool him from the top of my queue. I remember when he was a top 3 overall pick not to long ago.

2.5 W Contreras (C) -
    Not being able to monitor the draft, I didn't know what was left for catchers. But I feel like Contreras as a 12th rounder overall is great value.

3.8 Mike Moustakas (1B, 2B, 3B) - I needed a 2B and sorter by OPS and HRs... this guy was the top option so I went with him.

4.5 B. Buxton (OF)
    - I wanted him in the Dobber League and never got him. I think he stays healthy and reaches the potential we all wanted when he was a top prospect! Covers steals and should get decent homer totals (again, if he stays healthy)

5.8 Clint Frazier (OF) -
    I debated Frazier when I picked Buxton. Then I made a queue of pitchers I wanted (Including T. McKenzie, G. Marquez, F. Valdez, Gonzales) All these guys were gone from my queue. And the top guys were Frazier and Brantley. I own the boring Brantley in another league... so I went for the more exiciting/risky Frazier.

After 5 Rounds - I have only drafted batters and I feel like I have decent coverage of the stats. But I am not able to monitor how I am doing in the projected Standings. I give it a quick check and I am doing okay up in the top 3, but needing to fill out some pitching.

6.5. Civale - I had made a queue for later round pitchers I wanted, and Civale was at the top. I was looking for other options hoping I could wait another round on him... but I ran my self out of time. Guess there mustn't have been anyone better.

7.8 Cease I realize I need to hit on some upside pitchers do I decide to go with Cease- He was a top prospect not to long ago right? Going big here.

8.5 Winker -
    I probably should have went pitcher here, but Winker was a the top of my pre-draft rankings and below that on my queue was a bunch of pitchers I all valued the same. Added another OF.

9.8 Shefield -
    Top of my rankings. Not a sexy K option, or on a great team. But hopefully gets me enough low ERA innings to make it worthwhile.

After 9 - Usually in synopsis, I do it after 10 rounds... but I had time here to check the projected standings. I had moved from 3rd to 12th after picking Civale, Cease, Winker and Shefield so this is where I changed my strategy. I was going to start swinging for the fences with huge upside picks! And at this point I decided to invest in the future and have a few bench slots pegged for top prospects.

10.5 Kopech - Not that long ago he was a flamethrowing top prospect. Then he got Tommy John and took a year off for COVID. Still considered a top prospect, and still a flamethrower, on a solid young team - Like I said I am going for upside!

11.8 Torkelson - The future of Detroit is now part of the BUZZ!!

12.5 Jasson Domiguez - The next Trout? Sure Why not take him here and toss him in my NA slot for a couple years?! Hopefully the league lasts that long?

13.8 Luciano - A potential 40 home run SS? Yup I am going for a huge upside future by stacking my NA slot and half my bench with these players:

Adley Rutchsman - the best catcher prospect since Joe Mauer

Spencer Torkelson - A home run hitting machine!

Jasson Dominguez - I will mention it again - compared to Mike Trout!

Marco Luciano - The next Alfonso Soriano - 40 homer 40 steals potential!

Oh right I forgot that this was a 14 round draft as I was just excited about my future in this league! In round 14 Carlos Martinez is a back as a starting pitcher on a top team in their division.

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow that is a stacked group of prospects. I am definitely coming to you if I'm competing this year. Maybe Gore or Kelenic don't turn out this year and we make a swap.

Wow that is a stacked group of prospects. I am definitely coming to you if I'm competing this year. Maybe Gore or Kelenic don't turn out this year and we make a swap.
    Why wait... beat everyone to the punch on Arenado or Goldschmidt!

​​

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I was set to take Meadows figuring you would take Judge and would have taken Hiura 3rd. If it eases your mind with Kelenic...I was going to take him end of 2nd round should he have been there right before your next pick so there's that.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by JX3H View Post
    I was set to take Meadows figuring you would take Judge and would have taken Hiura 3rd. If it eases your mind with Kelenic...I was going to take him end of 2nd round should he have been there right before your next pick so there's that.
    That actually does really ease my mind!!

But just for fun ....

What happened
    HR: Kelenic, Muncy, Hayes
    JX3H: Judge, Swanson, Corbin

What could have been
    HR: Judge, Muncy, Swanson/Hayes
    JX3H: Meadows, Kelenic, Swanson/Corbin

Dobber Sports Immortal

Pretty damn happy I landed Ohtani at DH in this league. Not sure how long it will last but very very happy.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Pretty big week for me. Kelenic and Gore on the way?

Dobber Sports Immortal

PH can you relax in this league?? He drafts guys like Adley, Jasson and Luciano and has them in 3 bench spots and is still 18-4-2.

Pretty big week for me. Kelenic and Gore on the way?
    Are they both coming up?? Nice!

- - - Updated - - -

PH can you relax in this league?? He drafts guys like Adley, Jasson and Luciano and has them in 3 bench spots and is still 18-4-2.
    Things are going better then planned!

Arenado and Goldy are playing pissed off cause they heard I had them on the block!

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Are they both coming up?? Nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Things are going better then planned!

Arenado and Goldy are playing pissed off cause they heard I had them on the block!
    Haha exactly what I was thinking. Now do you still sell? Or do you adjust and trade off some of the young guys?

Haha exactly what I was thinking. Now do you still sell? Or do you adjust and trade off some of the young guys?
    Two matchups.... too early to decide... but I am always willing to trade!

​​