Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Silver Sluggers MLB League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Silver Sluggers MLB League

Very similar to our league except we have QS. Also it's a Keep 10

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL, IL, NA
    Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
    Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS), Saves + Holds (SV+H)

The Wolverine

Ah it's a keeper. Don't care now.

Kidding. Thanks for sharing.

Do you plan on posting results etc. like other threads?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post

Ya I don't see why not. About 6 rounds left in the draft.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post

As long as live sports don’t kick up too soon after the draft I will have time to kill and jot down my thoughts for fun!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Well hoping that Rutcshman makes it to the big leagues quick. Cause my big league catcher is definitely a short term stop gap.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yaaaaaaaaaaaa pretty sure a number of guys still need catchers here. He'll keep your NA spot warm for a bit.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Being in the middle of a 12 team draft is absolutely my least favorite spot to pick. I hate not having picks close together in drafts as I often feel like I am always chasing guys because my targets don't make it back to me. Plus, when drafting at one end or the other I can sometimes look at teams and try to guess what positions they will take next, which will help me decide what I am going to leave on the table for them. But with 10 plus picks in between mine I just can't do that.

Much like the Dobber league, I feel like I ended up taking a lot of players that broke out and had positive underlying numbers last year. Fingers crossed that they were for real.

Another thing you'll notice is I took a lot of players from contending/playoff teams. Wasn't intentional at first but once I realized it was happening I just started prioritizing that a bit. Especially in a short season, I can't see contending teams messing around with their lineups because they now have a shorter window to put up wins.

1.7 - Mookie Betts - Hoped Soto or Bregman made it to me but I will take Betts all day at 7th. He took a ballpark downgrade going to LA but their lineup is one of if not the best in the league. Lock for 100 Runs.

2.8 - Gleyber Torres - wanted Buehler here but PH snagged him 2 picks before. Also debated just going SP but figured I could still get a top tier SP next round so I took Torres. He's 23 and Yanks will be a powerhouse until he's 30.

3.31 - Shane Bieber - took my best SP left. Giolito, Clev, Nola, Castillo all went before my next pick so glad I got Bieber here.

4.42 - Luis Robert - the untapped potential of guys like Vlad, Bo, Hiura had already went, so I took a gamble here. Im sure I will be happy eventually but passing up a Springer or even another elite SP might make me regret this one this year. At least Robert should provide SB help.

5.55 - JD Martinez - Couldn't let him fall considering he's going Round 2 in yearly leagues. I was hesitant because he was already my 3rd OF, but we only keep 10 so I also wanted to make sure I didn't go with too much future potential.

6.66 - Tyler Glasnow - Hoping for a breakout. TB should be awesome and only looking better with Franco and some of the younger guys. Just a bit worried about how they handle their SP because I am not sure how many QS they will get, but he was my last SP in tier 2.

7.79 - Max Muncy - Given how much position flexibility I got later in the draft I wish I went Rizzo here, but once against can't complain with the numbers and the lineup he's in.

8.90 - MacKenzie Gore - I thought Gallen would make it back to me here. He did not. So went with Gore in hopes the short season means he'll start in the bigs. Obviously no expert but have heard he could be elite.

9.103 - Jeff McNeil - more position eligibility and challenges for the batting title. The way I felt some guys fell to me later I wish I took a SP here though. Max Fried went next and he could be great on a great team.

10.114 - James Paxton - should be healthy to start the season so loved grabbing him here.

11.127 - DJ LeMahieu - another Yankee. Top 30 player last year so even if (and likely when) he declines, still great value. More eligibility. Was going to go Osuna but he went a couple before. Other infielders to go after this were Escobar, Anderson and Mous .

12.138 - Miguel Sano - Upside pick. 45-50 HR potential. Avg is a hit but with what I have already it shouldn't affect me, and his OPS makes up for it. 34 HR in only 380 ABs last year. Didn't realize this until I started looking...

13.151 - Willson Contreas - made the same move I did in the Dobber league because I don't like having that hole in a 12 team league. Contreas should be solid when healthy and I paid for that reliability. But......wish I took Ozuna, Cruz, Chapman or Brantley here.

14.162 - Kenta Maeda - hoping they let him pitch more than LAD did. Didn't love the pick but going after Wins here.

15.175 - German Marquez - With our lineup size I took him here because I know I can bench him at Coors if needed. 6.26 ERA at home.....3.67 on the road.

16.186 - Josh James - Surprised myself going 3 SP here. Hoped Kenley made it back to my next pick but again took the next ranked SP for me.

17.199 - Brad Hand - Coming into this I was ok waiting on RP because we have QS as well so even more emphasis on SP. But the way the draft was going I was totally fine taking one at these points. I missed out on my last three targets at different points so I took my next up.

18.210 - Will Smith (RP) - decided to grab another one and good thing. After I took Hand, Iglesias, Ottavino, Giles, Neris, Smith (me), Workman, Leclerc, Gallegos, Kimbrel, Bradley, Colome, Doolittle and Barnes all went in 3 rounds.

19.223 - Yuli Gurriel - Hampson and Carlson were on my list but glad they went before me because I like Gurriel as my 2nd UTIL player. I prefer to have late upside in my bench players. I know last year was helped by that incredible month and a half, but hoping he still hits all year.

20.234 - Alex Wood - my pick was between Wood, Chirinos and Yarbrough and funny enough the two latter went a few picks after Wood.

21.247 - Mark Canha - had Brandon Lowe lined up but he went. Was also debating some SB between Rosario or Andrus, but Rosario went so I just took Canha. Solid year and solid lineup.

22.258 - Yasiel Puig - will sign at some point so took a flyer here.

23.271 - Gio Urshela - Pretty sure they said he was going to be starting 3B over Andujar so to get him here could be huge for me.

24.282 - Blake Treinen - Just a fill in RP to hopefully get some holds.

So team is below. Pretty happy with it and think I should compete and took a few more hitters than normal. Also think I have a nice mix of young guys in there but also didn't go overboard. It's only 10 keepers and 1 NA spot after all.

C: Contreas
    1B: Muncy (2B/3B)
    2B: McNeil (3B/OF)
    SS: Torres (2B)
    3B: DJ (1B/3B)
    OF x 3: Betts, JD, Robert
    Util: Sano (1B/3B)
    Util: Gurriel (1B/3B)
    BN: Canha, Puig, Urshela

SP: Bieber, Glasnow, Gore, Paxton, Maeda, Marquez, James, Wood
    RP: Hand, Smith, Treinen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The overall theme was SP and to a little lesser extent prospects. Prospects weighted heavier with the start of a keeper. Always interesting to see how many of those quickly progress.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Being in the middle of a 12 team draft is absolutely my least favorite spot to pick. I hate not having picks close together in drafts as I often feel like I am always chasing guys because my targets don't make it back to me
    The end picks are nice until it starts heading away from you. A sick and helpless feeling it is!

Dobber Sports Immortal

We have almost made it through week 1 of the fantasy season.....in August.

Dobber Sports Immortal

My JD Martinez experiment has been an outright disaster!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Love a nice 4 SP day. Especially when 3 of them are day games!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Down to the wire for me in this league. in 5th and facing the 4th seed in the final week of the season.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    My JD Martinez experiment has been an outright disaster!
    And my Gleyber Torres pick was also an outright disaster. Thankfully Betts 7th overall has paid off huge.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well we made it through year 1 and onto year 2. Some very interesting decisions made for some people's keepers.