Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baseball in May?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Baseball in May?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    My whole understanding of negotiating has been turned upside down with how the MLB and MLBPA are negotiating on the season.

MLB proposed 82 game season,

MLBPA countered with 114 game season,

MLB countered with 50 game season.

Don't negotiating sides start far apart and then work towards the middle grounds? This one started in the middle and has worked outwards... Interesting to see what happens next.

Yes, I understand that there is more to it then just the scheduled number of games.

And how about the 3 Division system? AL East and NL East combined... guess by Braves are gonna have to beat up on the Yanks all year!
    I wont lie and say I've followed the negotiations all that closely, but I am going to assume the money they make is just as, if not more, important to the players than the games they play during these negotiations.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wont lie and say I've followed the negotiations all that closely, but I am going to assume the money they make is just as, if not more, important to the players than the games they play during these negotiations.
    Yes, the money that the players make and the money that the owners pay are the big deciding factors.

But the money that the players will make is being offered as prorated salary. So a prorated salary of 82 games is more than that of the 50 game season. So the MLB is taking more away than offering more int he negotiations by reducing the offer from 82 games to 50.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Baseball in July
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Baseball in July
    The players and owners agreed on a 60 game season, to begin around July 23.
    https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-announc...regular-season

Here are some of the key points to the agreement:
    • Teams will open the season with a 30-man active roster; it will be reduced to 28 players after two weeks, then to 26 after four weeks.
    • The Trade Deadline will be Aug. 31.
    • To be eligible for the postseason, a player must be added to the Major League roster by Sept. 15.
    • Teams will be permitted to carry up to three taxi-squad players on the road during the season, though if a team carries three such players, one must be a catcher.
    • During extra-inning games in the regular season, each half-inning will begin with a runner on second base. The batter who made the final out in the previous inning (or a pinch-runner for that batter) would be that runner.
    • There will be a 10-day injured list for both pitchers and hitters, though the 60-day IL will be reduced to a 45-day IL.
    • There will be a separate IL for players who either test positive or have symptoms/confirmed exposure to COVID-19. There is no maximum or minimum days for this IL.
    • MLB’s transaction freeze, which has been in place since the season was suspended, will end on Friday at 12 p.m. ET.
    • In addition to COVID-19 testing every other day, some other health precautions are as follows: Team personnel and players not likely to participate in the game (for example, the next day's starting pitcher) will be sitting in the stands or another area designated by the club, at least six feet apart; non-playing personnel will wear masks in dugout and bullpen at all times; no spitting or chewing tobacco (gum is permitted); no celebratory contact (high-fives, fist bumps, hugs, etc.).
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

There's also universal DH I do believe

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    There's also universal DH I do believe

Universal designated hitter
    While the American League adopted the DH rule in 1973, pitchers have continued to hit in games played at National League ballparks. That won't be the case in 2020, as both leagues will use the DH to avoid overtaxing pitchers by having them hit.
    Yes there will be a DH for both leagues. I think at one point in negotiations the owners offered it for two years but the second year is off the table now.

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes there will be a DH for both leagues. I think at one point in negotiations the owners offered it for two years but the second year is off the table now.
    I imagine this will become permanent in short order.

Any word on what the Blue Jays are going to be doing for a home field? I assume they will have to play somewhere other than Toronto as crossing the border repeatedly is going to be a non-started. But Florida is seeing rather large spikes of covid so their Spring Training facility is far from ideal. Buffalo maybe where the Triple-A team is?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I imagine this will become permanent in short order.

Any word on what the Blue Jays are going to be doing for a home field? I assume they will have to play somewhere other than Toronto as crossing the border repeatedly is going to be a non-started. But Florida is seeing rather large spikes of covid so their Spring Training facility is far from ideal. Buffalo maybe where the Triple-A team is?
    Buffalo would make some sense. Or they just play all their games in away stadiums.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Dunedin and Tropicana (TBR play there) have been discussed as home field for the Jays.

Having TFC, Raps, and TBJ in one area is odd if they do opt for Florida. Buffalo would where I would want them, but players would likely rather Florida vs Buffalo.

Players that could be ready for opening day:

https://www.mlb.com/news/stars-who-s...ned-mlb-season

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

I have a feeling, he wont be the last to opt out.

https://twitter.com/pedrogomezESPN/s...64118573420544

Pitcher Mike Leake has opted not to play for the
    @Dbacks when the game resumes.
    https://twitter.com/ZHBuchanan/statu...67272312541189

A statement from Mike Leake's agent, Danny Horwits of Beverly Hills Sports Council:
    EbsvnLKUMAIiFUH.jpg

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/sta...83386635751424

Joe Ross and Ryan Zimmerman of the #Nationals have opted out of playing this year as @Britt_Ghiroli 1st reported.

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

The more players that get added to this list...the more I will want to redraft.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ian Desmond now out after an impassioned post.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...020-mlb-season