Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Blackhawks making Dylan Strome available

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Rumor] Blackhawks making Dylan Strome available

Not sure who would be the best fit here. Maybe Detroit as their 2C, or even Montreal I suppose. Both could use help down the middle when looking for offense.

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/202...de-rumors-2020

Blackhawks center Dylan Strome is available for a potential trade, Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet reported this past Thursday on Buffalo’s WGR Sport Radio 550’s “The Instigators” show.

The show’s hosts Andrew Peters and Craig Rivet asked Friedman — who appears weekly on the show — on March 26 to look into the possibility of Strome being available for a trade.

“He’s available,” Friedman said of Strome during the second hour of the show. “Like, he’s available. ... I don’t think the cost is really prohibitive. No, I don’t. The whole thing about this [NHL pause due to coronavirus] is we don’t know where any of this is going to take us so it’s a little bit different, but he’s available. I don’t think the cost is prohibitive.”

Strome, who has mainly played at center but has seen time at wing, has scored 38 points (12 goals, 26 assists) and is 47.68 percent on faceoffs in 58 games during his first full season with Chicago before put the NHL paused its season March 12 due to the coronavirus. The 23-year-old missed four games between Nov. 23 and Dec. 2 with a concussion and seven games from Jan. 9 to Feb. 1 with a right ankle injury. He’s one of nine Chicago players set to become a restricted free agent this summer.

Strome had 51 points (17 goals, 34 assists) in 58 games last season, his first with Chicago after being acquired with Brendan Perlini from the Coyotes in November 2018 for forward Nick Schmaltz. Chicago traded Perlini to the Red Wings this past October for defenseman prospect Alec Regula, who signed a three-year entry-level contract with the Blackhawks in November.

Strome is one of five Chicago players with significant NHL experience at center along with Jonathan Toews, Kirby Dach, David Kampf and Ryan Carpenter. Strome is the lone center among the group not under contract for the 2020-21 season. The Blackhawks also have two promising center prospects in Philipp Kurashev, who has 19 points (seven goals, 12 assists) in 36 games during his first AHL season, and the newly-signed Evan Barratt under contract.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [Rumor] Blackhawks making Dylan Strome available

Someone should remind the Hawks that their window is closed and that its time to rebuild with young talent not stick with the old dogs...

But I guess those contracts are scary and Strome is going to need a raise someday. Ouch!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Chicago just doesn't like keeping quality 2nd line C's
    Anisimov for several years. Other than that - they were like Wpg and tried to acquire a new 2nd line C every deadline.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Chicago just doesn't like keeping quality 2nd line C's
    Anisimov for several years. Other than that - they were like Wpg and tried to acquire a new 2nd line C every deadline.
    I guess they feel they have their future 2C in Dach and dont want to pay Strome. Thats the only thing I can think of as to why they are doing this.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Dach will be the 1C before too long

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I guess they feel they have their future 2C in Dach and dont want to pay Strome. Thats the only thing I can think of as to why they are doing this.
    Dark horse... To the Leafs for Kerfoot who hasn't really fit in as the #3C they hoped for. And besides... the Leafs love tinkering with their mid-six

Dobber Sports Deity

Dark horse... To the Leafs for Kerfoot who hasn't really fit in as the #3C they hoped for. And besides... the Leafs love tinkering with their mid-six
    Leafs cant afford his new deal LOL!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Leafs cant afford his new deal LOL!
    They'll find a way to pay a forward... and same breath claim no money for Dman upgrades. it's just how the Leafs cap-system works

Dobber Sports Deity

They'll find a way to pay a forward... and same breath claim no money for Dman upgrades. it's just how the Leafs cap-system works
    True. And the beat goes on for Freddie Andersen. Poor bugger.

Dobber Sports Jedi

True. And the beat goes on for Freddie Andersen. Poor bugger.
    Soon to be 1m Joseph Woll .

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Someone should remind the Hawks that their window is closed and that its time to rebuild with young talent not stick with the old dogs...

But I guess those contracts are scary and Strome is going to need a raise someday. Ouch!!
    You are right, but I can't imagine how difficult it would be to explain that to the fans, yikes!

Yeah, it's not as though Chicago doesn't want to keep Strome, it's just that they can't afford to at what they think his new price will be.

Administrator

The Hawks have a history of doing this. In order to get Strome they traded another young C.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

This is exactly what the Hawks are doing. They are not going to dump Strome but if they can make a hockey trade that makes sense they'll do it. This was partly why I wanted the Hawks to draft Byram instead of Dach. Granted, Dach had a pretty good year.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Strome would look good in WPG between Ehlers & Laine as their 2C.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Strome's qualifying offer is $874,125 and he needs 1 more year to earn arbitration, so I'm not sure why anyone would fear his next contract?