Thread: Veeti Miettinen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Veeti Miettinen

Veeti Miettinen is a big-time sleeper for fantasy hockey purposes. He may not be a household name but his offensive upside is very high.

Interview: 2020 NHL Draft Prospect Veeti Miettinen

And here's his player profile at DobberProspects: https://dobberprospects.com/player/veeti-miettinen/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Veeti Miettinen

This was a great read.
    His willingness to complete all 4yrs of Univ. might make him slide to the 4th or 5th rd.
    This could be a draft+1/+2 sleeper
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    This was a great read.
    His willingness to complete all 4yrs of Univ. might make him slide to the 4th or 5th rd.
    This could be a draft+1/+2 sleeper
    I think most are willing to complete all 4 years but it's the NHL teams that usually convince them to leave school early, so that's not all that surprising. He never said anything to suggest he's absolutely staying for 4 years, just that he's prepared to do it for now like most players except maybe some 1st round picks who already know they're one-and-done.

And also; for sure he will need at least a couple of years at NCAA, so he's not someone who could help in the next couple of years. But in leagues with farm systems, the payout could be nice in a few years.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think most are willing to complete all 4 years but it's the NHL teams that usually convince them to leave school early, so that's not all that surprising. He never said anything to suggest he's absolutely staying for 4 years, just that he's prepared to do it for now like most players except maybe some 1st round picks who already know they're one-and-done.
    That makes a lot of sense.
    this is a guy you've made me stash on all my watch lists.
    Knowing my pools I doubt he gets drafted in 5/6. So I can sit on him for a while.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4