8 44.44%
  • Ken Holland EDM

3 16.67%
  • Joe Sakic COL

7 38.89%

Thread: Vote for NHL GM of the Year

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Vote for NHL GM of the Year

"Presented to recognize the work of the league's GMs, voting is conducted among the GMs and a panel of NHL executives, print and broadcast media at the conclusion of the regular season."

If the NHL regular season has closed its doors for 2019-20, let's take a look at what the trophy situation might look like. Next up, the General Managers.

Last years winner was Don Sweeney BOS

My nominees (listed alphabetically):

Jeff Gorton NYR - Signed Panarin, traded for Trouba and Fox, re-signed RFA's DeAngelo, Buchnevich and nearly UFA Kreider

Ken Holland EDM - Traded Lucic's almost untradeable contract for productive Neal, replaced Talbot with Smith, brought in Green, Athanasiou, Ennis, bought out Sekera, creating competition for younger D (Bear), dealt with Puljujarvi situation appropriately

Joe Sakic COL - Traded for Kadri, lost Barrie and Kerfoot, but that made room for Makar to get quality minutes, signed Donskoi and Burakovsky, let Varlamov go UFA, going with Grubauer/Francouz tandem

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Vote for NHL GM of the Year

Jyoe Sakic!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Vote for NHL GM of the Year

This came down to Holland or Gorton for me. I voted for Gorton. I just like the job hes done more than the other two. You cant say Holland hasn't done great work with little cap space himself but he's always going to get the short stick because folks will say he inherited two of todays best players.

Sakic is a shade below these two for me. While he made some good moves coming into the season, I think he fell short by not improving his team at the deadline. Just my thoughts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."