1 4.00%
  • Dave Tippett EDM

3 12.00%
  • John Tortorella CBJ

16 64.00%

Thread: Vote for Jack Adams Trophy Winner

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Vote for Jack Adams Trophy Winner

Presented to the coach adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success, selected in a poll of NHLBA members.

If the NHL regular season has closed its doors for 2019-20, let's take a look at what the trophy situation might look like. Next up, the bench bosses.

Last years winner was Barry Trotz NYI

My nominees (listed alphabetically):

Jared Bednar COL - 42-20-8, 92 points, 237 GF, 191 GA (+46), 2nd Western Conference, weathered injuries to some key players, managed odd goalie tandem
    Craig Berube STL - 42-19-10, 94 points, 225 GF, 193 GA, (+32), 1st in Western Conference mostly without Tarasenko, weathered Cup hangover
    Bruce Cassidy BOS - 44-14-12, 100 points, 227 GF, 174 GA (+53), Presidents trophy winner, team just keeps winning and the coach deserves some of the credit
    Dave Tippett EDM - 37-25-9, 83 points, 225 GF, 217 GA (+8), made playoffs for second time in 14 years despite lack of forward depth and not great goalie situation
    John Tortorella CBJ - 33-22-15, 81 points, 180 GF, 187 GA (-7), made playoffs after losing top forward (Panarin) and franchise goaltender (Bobrovsky)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Vote for Jack Adams Trophy Winner

The job Torts has done with so little has to be recognized. In my opinion, Paul Maurice needs to be on this list. Hes my runner up for this award.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I agree... everyone left Columbus and Tort has them nipping at a playoff spot.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Probably the hardest list to make. I would add Mike Sullivan to the list.

Crosby was out for a big chunk of time. Guentzel done for the season.
    He managed Jarry/Murray to a great goals against average.
    Team is solidly in a playoff spot in the best division in hockey.

I'd vote Torts if he gets Columbus in, otherwise Sullivan.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Flyers were pushing for the division lead and they were one of the hottest teams since end of November or something like that.

With the options above I got to say that Tippett would likely be the one... they often seem to give it to the guy that takes a team from outside the playoffs and gets them into the playoffs.

What Torts did is good... but Columbus made playoffs last year and the voters always look passed certain things like the turnover.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Flyers were pushing for the division lead and they were one of the hottest teams since end of November or something like that.

With the options above I got to say that Tippett would likely be the one... they often seem to give it to the guy that takes a team from outside the playoffs and gets them into the playoffs.

What Torts did is good... but Columbus made playoffs last year and the voters always look passed certain things like the turnover.
    AV completely left out. I can see him being a finalist.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Probably the hardest list to make. I would add Mike Sullivan to the list.

Crosby was out for a big chunk of time. Guentzel done for the season.
    He managed Jarry/Murray to a great goals against average.
    Team is solidly in a playoff spot in the best division in hockey.

I'd vote Torts if he gets Columbus in, otherwise Sullivan.
    Very valid points for Sullivan.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    AV completely left out. I can see him being a finalist.
    I did overlook the Flyers. I didn't realize they had missed the playoffs last year and AV has they back in.

As always guys, many thanks for your feedback and comments.

I went with Tortorella for the work he did pulling a lesser talented team into a playoff position (top 2 players departing isn't easy to overlook).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Torts just got ripped off. Cassidy is a good coach with a good team, and not undeserving, but this is embarrassingly wrong IMO. I can only assume, that if Torts wasn’t such an A-hole to the media, he’d have won again. Sadly this is why the douchebag reporters shouldn’t have any say (they are irrelevant IMO). Apologies for the rant. I don’t even like Torts, and apparently sports writers.
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Deity

He loses his 1C in Duchene, his 1LW in Panarin and his 1G in Bobrovsky to start the year. Then he loses over 400 man games to injury and STILL manages to find a way to get this team into the playoffs.

I agree, he got screwed here. Sad part was he finished THIRD in voting LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRamrod View Post
    Torts just got ripped off. Cassidy is a good coach with a good team, and not undeserving, but this is embarrassingly wrong IMO. I can only assume, that if Torts wasn’t such an A-hole to the media, he’d have won again. Sadly this is why the douchebag reporters shouldn’t have any say (they are irrelevant IMO). Apologies for the rant. I don’t even like Torts, and apparently sports writers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He loses his 1C in Duchene, his 1LW in Panarin and his 1G in Bobrovsky to start the year. Then he loses over 400 man games to injury and STILL manages to find a way to get this team into the playoffs.

I agree, he got screwed here. Sad part was he finished THIRD in voting LOL!
    Yep, and the poll results say the majority on these boards agree that this should have been Tortorella's hardware.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket