9 37.50%
  • Nathan MacKinnon COL

14 58.33%
  • Connor McDavid EDM

1 4.17%

Thread: Vote for Hart Trophy Winner

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Vote for Hart Trophy Winner

"The Hart Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the player judged to be the most valuable to his team. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association in all NHL cities at the end of the regular season."

If the NHL regular season has closed its doors for 2019-20, let's take a look at what the trophy situation might look like. First up, the Hart Trophy.

Honorable mention to David Pastrnak (co-Rocket Richard Winner), Artemi Panarin and Brad Marchand.

Last years winner was Nikita Kucherov TB

My nominees (listed alphabetically):

Leon Draisaitl EDM (71-43-67-110). Won Art Ross by 13 points, averaged 22:37 TOI, tops amongst NHL forwards and his 66 even-strength points were second best in the league

Nathan MacKinnon COL (69-35-58-93). Third most even-strength points, averaged ninth most TOI (21:13) amongst forwards

Connor McDavid EDM (64-34-63-97). Not so arguably the best player in the game, averaged third most TOI (21:52) amongst forwards

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Vote for Hart Trophy Winner

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    "The Hart Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the player judged to be the most valuable to his team. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association in all NHL cities at the end of the regular season."

If the NHL regular season has closed its doors for 2019-20, let's take a look at what the trophy situation might look like. First up, the Hart Trophy.

Honorable mention to David Pastrnak (co-Rocket Richard Winner), Artemi Panarin and Brad Marchand.

Last years winner was Nikita Kucherov TB

My nominees (listed alphabetically):

Leon Draisaitl EDM (71-43-67-110). Won Art Ross by 13 points, averaged 22:37 TOI, tops amongst NHL forwards and his 66 even-strength points were second best in the league

Nathan MacKinnon COL (69-35-58-93). Third most even-strength points, averaged ninth most TOI (21:13) amongst forwards

Connor McDavid EDM (64-34-63-97). Not so arguably the best player in the game, averaged third most TOI (21:52) amongst forwards
    I'd probably have to say Mack is more important to his team. Draisaitl/McDavid are looking like a Crosby/Malkin mutant that can't be stopped, but having 2 of them makes each less important to the team. Based on the specific wording of the award, I'd give it to Mack. If it were simply for "best player", I'd give it to McDavid easily.

Dobber Sports Deity

I voted for Leon, who's showing everyone hes a leader and doesnt need McDavid to produce.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Mack for me.

I'll just past my coments from the other thread:

We're still trying to find his one rep-max for carrying the team.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4