Default Prospect Rank’em

Please rank in an 18 team multicat dynasty league. Cats below:

Forwards: G: 1.5 points, A: 1 point, SOG/Hits/Blocks: 0.1 point
    Defense: G: 2.5 points, A: 1.75 points, SOG/Hits/Blocks: 0.1 point

D. Cozens
    E. Brannstrom
    K. Dach
    N. Suzuki

Not accounting for positional needs, how would you rank for the next 3-5 years?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Prospect Rank’em

Oof, tough one. Even with the D getting more points, Brannstrom is still on the bottom of this pile for me. I dont see the offensive opportunities coming for him like most would want to see. This is really down to the forwards than anything.

I'd probably rank them Suzuki, Dach and then Cozens, but man it's really close between all three of them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Suzuki - highest offensive ceiling - likely MTL's 1st 80pt forward since Kovalev in 08/09
    Cozens - best MC player but periphs aren't enough to make up the difference
    Dach - Brannstrom - no knock on either of these two. as they're close to Cozens
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

For me, both in reality and in fantasy hockey, you win championships based on the strength of the blue-line. If you can get defense-men that can produce 50+ points a year, you generally have a chance to win the pool, so for me, even though he's the oldest of the 4, Erik Brannstrom has the highest fantasy upside of the 4, especially in this format, even though his development in the NHL has been slower than anticipated. From there, it's difficult for me to say based off of Cozens being Sabres property. Although I am confident that Casey Mittelstadt will be fine in the end and be a high end top 6 forward for Buffalo, you still have to wonder if they will develop Cozens properly as Casey Mittelstadt at one point was the NHL's best prospect (even ranked higher than Elias Pettersson). In terms of upside, he definitely has the highest ceiling of the 4 in reality and the second highest fantasy upside, but whether he'll achieve this in Buffalo is a big question mark for me. Below is my list of the 4 based on fantasy upside.

Erik Brannstrom
    Dylan Cozens/Kirby Dach
    Nick Suzuki