Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cirelli for Barzal?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Cirelli for Barzal?

I was wondering if Cirelli for Barzal would be an upgrade for me? I would be getting Barzal and here are the categories for skaters:

G A PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK
    Thanks for the feedback in advance

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Cirelli for Barzal?

Barzal has an elite ceiling that we only got a taste/tease of in his rookie year. You lose some periphs. but the offensive gap IMO more than justifies making this move.

I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Take the deal and run, no matter the format imo.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Deity

It would depend on the rest of your roster and your teams strengths and weaknesses. Both have certain attributes that the other doesn't. Overall, Barzal is the better player but there's things that Cirelli can do better.

Why do YOU think this is a fair trade? What are you seeing that is making you consider it?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It would depend on the rest of your roster and your teams strengths and weaknesses. Both have certain attributes that the other doesn't. Overall, Barzal is the better player but there's things that Cirelli can do better.

Why do YOU think this is a fair trade? What are you seeing that is making you consider it?
    Well, first off I think Cirelli would be cheaper than Barzal and Cirelli is better at faceoffs and hits. I don’t know Cirelli’s offensive ceiling so I was wondering if keeping Cirelli is worth it if I could get Barzal.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    Well, first off I think Cirelli would be cheaper than Barzal and Cirelli is better at faceoffs and hits. I don’t know Cirelli’s offensive ceiling so I was wondering if keeping Cirelli is worth it if I could get Barzal.
    This is a salary cap league?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is a salary cap league?
    yes

Dobber Sports Deity

yes
    I see. Important info when asking for advice.

Seeing your full roster would certainly help as well.

I will say that Barzal will definitely cost a lot more, cap wise, compared to Cirelli. Both need new deals for next season. I assume this is a big reason the other GM is considering doing this as well. He's afraid of whats coming once this all gets going again.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I see. Important info when asking for advice.

Seeing your full roster would certainly help as well.

I will say that Barzal will definitely cost a lot more, cap wise, compared to Cirelli. Both need new deals for next season. I assume this is a big reason the other GM is considering doing this as well. He's afraid of whats coming once this all gets going again.
    he's in major trouble cap wise, as he's barely under the cap with like one million to spare. I will have like 10-11 million with only Cirelli's extension to worry about. Here's my full team.
    Centers: Cirelli, Johansen, Geekie (streamer), Couture (IR+)

Left Wing: Draisaitl, Neiderreiter, Vatrano, Crouse, Drouin (IR+)

Right Wing: Carrier, Kassian, Zuccarello, Archibald (streamer)

Defense: De Haan (dropping him soon), Lindell, Morrissey, Subban (BUYOUT), Werenski.

Goalies: NYI and LA tandems.

I already know what i will be doing once rosters open up again, also I have a 1st rounder that if my lottery goes right I would be able to add Lafreniere.

Dobber Sports Deity

Here's the thing for me. Cirelli is a really good player and depending on the contract he signs, could see his value go up even more if he signs a team friendly deal (which to be honest, happens more times than not in TB). If he's in cap hell, make a trade that benefits you more than it benefits him. You'd be helping him already in the cap department so why help his roster too.

I'd be more willing to send him someone like Drouin for Barzal than I would Cirelli. He might not like the offer, but you aren't the one scrambling to make a deal either so it's no sweat off your bag if he doesn't like it. You still have a very good piece in Cirelli.

Dobber Sports Jedi

if he's in that much cap trouble... you might be able to make it a 2-2 - move Drouin for someone with a slightly higher salary but is justifiably earning it.

Something in the 6-6.5m range. Maybe a Dman since you're dumping De Haan & PK

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    if he's in that much cap trouble... you might be able to make it a 2-2 - move Drouin for someone with a slightly higher salary but is justifiably earning it.

Something in the 6-6.5m range. Maybe a Dman since you're dumping De Haan & PK
    thanks guys, i'll get in touch with him and see if I can make something work. Would Letang or Yandle be a better target? Carlson is off limits for him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

thanks guys, i'll get in touch with him and see if I can make something work. Would Letang or Yandle be a better target? Carlson is off limits for him.
    I would try Barzal & Letang for Drouin & Cirelli

He's out of cap hell & if you can take the extra $$ - you get solid upgrades

Dobber Sports Apprentice

alright, i'll start discussions with the guy and i'll make a new thread if I can get it done.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like this specific thought. People undervalue Letang, don't be one of those people.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.