Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Wrestlemania

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I mean, at some point, he has to lose, right? I think this is a logical time to remove the title. They have been building this for a bit. I would be ok with Reigns continuing, but wouldn't be surprised with a Rhodes title here.

Rylant
    What a card last night. Every match was fantastic

Dobber Sports Star

Overall it was a really solid show. I don't want to spoil too much for those who didn't watch yet. It felt pretty epic and felt like a Wrestlemania should. There were a couple duds for me, but mostly a solid show both nights. For me, the best match was hands down Owens and Zayn against the Usos. If I had a criticism of both shows, it was that the results overall felt pretty "safe", which I wish the WWE would take more risks, but hey, what can you do?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wasn't able to watch much of night 2.... But.... Disappointed.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Did any championships switch hands??

WWE and UFC combined forces into one public company worth 22 Billion or something!

Crazy how much support these entertainment business get when the focus is on fighting and then there are people that are kicking and screaming about the odd fight in hockey.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Did any championships switch hands??

WWE and UFC combined forces into one public company worth 22 Billion or something!

Crazy how much support these entertainment business get when the focus is on fighting and then there are people that are kicking and screaming about the odd fight in hockey.
    Yes, those two things are completely equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yes, those two things are completely equivalent.
    Exactly, they aren't equivalent - that's my very point.

There is an odd fight in hockey and people whine and cry about it.

Then there is a 22 Billion Dollar company that emphasizes fighting and people get all excited about it.

And some of those people doing the crying about a fight in hockey are some of the biggest wrestling fans.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Then there is a 22 Billion Dollar company that emphasizes fighting and people get all excited about it.

And some of those people doing the crying about a fight in hockey are some of the biggest wrestling fans.
    Ok. So keep thinking about it. Why could that be?

Dobber Sports Star

Well, a big part of the problem, is that people like you disingenuously compare fighting in hockey to wrestling. So, I am not sure if you realize it, but wrestling is fake. Another part of the problem, is that I can't suggest that I believe hockey should do a better job at removing fighting from hockey, without people like you insulting me, suggesting that I am "crying" and "whining" about it, or implying that I am weak or a p***y for wanting it removed.

Let's be real. The point of wrestling, is to entertain with some drama, examples of amazing athleticism and some fake fighting. You can't have wrestling without an element of fighting. The entire point of boxing or MMA, is the fighting. It's necessary. People go in knowing that is what they are going to get. The entire point of hockey, is to play hockey. Fighting in hockey is completely unnecessary.

Do you seriously not understand the difference between the two?

Rylant

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Well, a big part of the problem, is that people like you disingenuously compare fighting in hockey to wrestling. So, I am not sure if you realize it, but wrestling is fake. Another part of the problem, is that I can't suggest that I believe hockey should do a better job at removing fighting from hockey, without people like you insulting me, suggesting that I am "crying" and "whining" about it, or implying that I am weak or a p***y for wanting it removed.

Let's be real. The point of wrestling, is to entertain with some drama, examples of amazing athleticism and some fake fighting. You can't have wrestling without an element of fighting. The entire point of boxing or MMA, is the fighting. It's necessary. People go in knowing that is what they are going to get. The entire point of hockey, is to play hockey. Fighting in hockey is completely unnecessary.

Do you seriously not understand the difference between the two?

Rylant
    And disingenuous? nah...man...c'mon... Do you seriously not see the hypocrisy supporting one and then calling out the other one?

The very fact that people think fighting is barbaric in hockey, turn to wrestling to see barbaric entertainment, is in my opinion absurd.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

And disingenuous? nah...man...c'mon... Do you seriously not see the hypocrisy supporting one and then calling out the other one?

The very fact that people think fighting is barbaric in hockey, turn to wrestling to see barbaric entertainment, is in my opinion absurd.
    Do you think that fighting is appropriate in all areas of society? I would assume the answer is no (I am fairly certain you are not a psychopath), but that you would think there are times where it is appropriate, and times where it is not. Your personal opinion on when it is appropriate is likely different than for others. Problem solved.

Dobber Sports Star

Yes, you are being disingenuous by comparing the two. And I support both Wrestling and Hockey. Can I not support Hockey AND at the same time, think that fighting in hockey is unnecessary and should be removed or at the very least, minimalized? It's strange that you seem to be taking a stance of "If I like MMA, then I MUST support fighting in hockey". In my opinion, one is appropriate, and one is not. Am I not allowed to have that viewpoint?

Rylant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Do you think that fighting is appropriate in all areas of society? I would assume the answer is no (I am fairly certain you are not a psychopath), but that you would think there are times where it is appropriate, and times where it is not. Your personal opinion on when it is appropriate is likely different than for others. Problem solved.
    Could not agree more.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well this took a turn.

Anyways..I read McMahon is in charge again so I'm out. It was fun while it lasted with HHH.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Man...WWE is rolling. Wrestlemania should be absolutely stacked this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Man...WWE is rolling. Wrestlemania should be absolutely stacked this year.
    Really? I haven't followed recently... who all do you expect to be in it?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Really? I haven't followed recently... who all do you expect to be in it?
    Well...CM Punk is back.
    Rock hinted at being back and may face Reigns.
    Orton returned after 18 months.
    A bunch of long title reigns ongoing right now.