Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Wrestlemania

That time of year folks.

Not too much stands out other than Rhodes returning, the Austin segment and Reigns vs Lesnar.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    That time of year folks.

Not too much stands out other than Rhodes returning, the Austin segment and Reigns vs Lesnar.
    Ya agreed. To be honest, they are pushing the Lesnar v Reigns so hard, I am not sure I care much about the rest of the card. I also have no idea who is going to win that match, as Lesnar and Reigns are both so protected and unifying the belts seems silly to me. I am not sure either of them get pinned cleanly. It wouldn't surprise me if one of them was DQed, but I would be disappointed.

Seth Rollins v Rhodes is one of the worst kept secrets out there and it has the potential to be the match of the event. I am super interested if they let Rhodes keep his AEW persona, which I think they should.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Ya agreed. To be honest, they are pushing the Lesnar v Reigns so hard, I am not sure I care much about the rest of the card. I also have no idea who is going to win that match, as Lesnar and Reigns are both so protected and unifying the belts seems silly to me. I am not sure either of them get pinned cleanly. It wouldn't surprise me if one of them was DQed, but I would be disappointed.

Seth Rollins v Rhodes is one of the worst kept secrets out there and it has the potential to be the match of the event. I am super interested if they let Rhodes keep his AEW persona, which I think they should.

Rylant
    Im sure Reigns will win. And somehow they'll keep it on him until he finally faces the Rock. Although I feel like that's been rumored for years now.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I actually think Brock wins.. They have done too much to make sure he keeps winning big events!!

Both title matches for the ladies are up in the air..
    I feel like the crowd is confused on whether to like or hate Becky.
    I do however think Rousey beats Flair but could go either way..

Not interested Lashley/Omos or Rollins/?? or Edge/AJ or Zayn/Knoxville

I am curious to see how many stunners KO gets from Stone Cold.

I do like Orton and Riddle but all the tag matches are meh..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not interested in much and have barely watched the lead up... But I always tune in.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Man this show is awesome.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I've watched NXT Stand & Deliver and woke up right before the final of Mysterios and Miz/Logan Paul match to watch the remaining matches of Day 1 and yeah, it was much much better than I expected.

Cody Rhodes fought his best fight in years, Stone Cold took a lot of bumps in front of home crowd and absolutely kindled a fire in the hearts of the fans.
    16 Team H2H Yahoo Keeper League; 30 men roster (and 20 combined IR; IR+; 5 NA spots)
    Starters: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 2D, 4UTIL, 1G (2 starts per week required)
    Categories: G; A; P; +-; PPP; SHP; GWG; SOG, FOW, HIT / W; L; GAA; SV%; SHO

C: Barkov, Horvat, Cirelli (RW), Mercer (RW), Newhook (LW), A. Lowry, Hayton (LW), Dowd (RW), Rossi, Dellandrea (RW), M. Savoie
    LW/RW: A. Svechnikov, Guentzel, J. Robertson, E. Kane, Batherson, Bjorkstrand, Jarvis, Lehkonen, C. Brown, Vatrano, Peterka, Chinakhov, Balcers, Raddysh, Marchenko, Soderblom, Barabanov, Ohgren
    D: Seider, Dahlin, Heiskanen, Liljegren
    G: Hellebuyck, Saros, Ullmark, Wolf, Annunen

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by townghost View Post
    I've watched NXT Stand & Deliver and woke up right before the final of Mysterios and Miz/Logan Paul match to watch the remaining matches of Day 1 and yeah, it was much much better than I expected.

Cody Rhodes fought his best fight in years, Stone Cold took a lot of bumps in front of home crowd and absolutely kindled a fire in the hearts of the fans.
    I actually went to bed before Stone Cold. I'll have to catch a replay.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Stone Cold just stunned McMahon.....in possibly the worst spot in wrestling history. Oh my goodness.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Second day was definitely weaker.
    16 Team H2H Yahoo Keeper League; 30 men roster (and 20 combined IR; IR+; 5 NA spots)
    Starters: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 2D, 4UTIL, 1G (2 starts per week required)
    Categories: G; A; P; +-; PPP; SHP; GWG; SOG, FOW, HIT / W; L; GAA; SV%; SHO

C: Barkov, Horvat, Cirelli (RW), Mercer (RW), Newhook (LW), A. Lowry, Hayton (LW), Dowd (RW), Rossi, Dellandrea (RW), M. Savoie
    LW/RW: A. Svechnikov, Guentzel, J. Robertson, E. Kane, Batherson, Bjorkstrand, Jarvis, Lehkonen, C. Brown, Vatrano, Peterka, Chinakhov, Balcers, Raddysh, Marchenko, Soderblom, Barabanov, Ohgren
    D: Seider, Dahlin, Heiskanen, Liljegren
    G: Hellebuyck, Saros, Ullmark, Wolf, Annunen

Dobber Sports Star

Overall it was a decent Wrestlemania. I definitely preferred night 1. The Belair / Lynch match was super solid as was the Rhodes / Rollins match. Owens won't get the credit he deserves for carrying the match and selling well. He also took the loss like a champ. Night 2 could have been more. The Styles / Edge match was decent but I thought it would be better. I am normally not a fan of celebrity matches where the celebrity wins, but the Knoxville / Zayn matched worked. It was fun but you can't take it seriously. Vince looked rough in the Austin segment. I hope Austin is done and doesn't try to drag out his retirement ala Ric Flair. The Reigns / Lesnar match was a bit of a yawner for me. Nothing we haven't seen before and the ending just seemed to come out of nowhere. I didn't expect either to be pinned clean, but Lesnar took the low blow and belt shot to the head, but didn't get pinned then. He was pinned fairly cleanly several minutes later which was a bit of a head scratcher to me.

I give night one a 7 out of 10 and night two a 5 out of 10.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by townghost View Post
    Second day was definitely weaker.
    So much weaker. I'm surprised they didn't add a woman's title match to Sunday instead of both on Saturday.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Overall it was a decent Wrestlemania. I definitely preferred night 1. The Belair / Lynch match was super solid as was the Rhodes / Rollins match. Owens won't get the credit he deserves for carrying the match and selling well. He also took the loss like a champ. Night 2 could have been more. The Styles / Edge match was decent but I thought it would be better. I am normally not a fan of celebrity matches where the celebrity wins, but the Knoxville / Zayn matched worked. It was fun but you can't take it seriously. Vince looked rough in the Austin segment. I hope Austin is done and doesn't try to drag out his retirement ala Ric Flair. The Reigns / Lesnar match was a bit of a yawner for me. Nothing we haven't seen before and the ending just seemed to come out of nowhere. I didn't expect either to be pinned clean, but Lesnar took the low blow and belt shot to the head, but didn't get pinned then. He was pinned fairly cleanly several minutes later which was a bit of a head scratcher to me.

I give night one a 7 out of 10 and night two a 5 out of 10.

Rylant
    Read that Reigns had a separated shoulder and that led to the quick ending.

Dobber Sports Immortal

That time of year again.

Will Reigns finally be dethroned?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    That time of year again.

Will Reigns finally be dethroned?
    I mean, at some point, he has to lose, right? I think this is a logical time to remove the title. They have been building this for a bit. I would be ok with Reigns continuing, but wouldn't be surprised with a Rhodes title here.

Rylant