Thread: Jeepers Keepers

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Jeepers Keepers

League in signature.

We are stuck in the semis during the Virus and I’m winning my semi matchup 13-0. I dominated all year and will probably have to split the $600 pot, 4 ways. Oh well.

Please make me feel better and help me with my keepers if you are stuck in your house wondering how our world got to this point.

Hindsight has me wishing I didn’t trade Hamilton and Hertl for Horvat right before the season was cancelled as I would’ve liked to keep Hamilton. Oh well.

Pick the 8 you would keep please. I assume Zibanejad has taken over for Barkov.

Please keep in mind that I have the first 4 picks in the draft and after I take Lafreniere and Byfield, I will be taking 2 of the best drops available which I assume will be 2 of my players...so essentially it is like I get to keep 10 instead of 8.

Thanks for helping. I will rep everyone.

PS: The bolded players are who I kept last year. I still have them all.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Jeepers Keepers

I think that Tkachuk has forced his way into being a keeper given his dominance in hits and sog, and points should increase next year.

I'd keep: Zibanejad, Svechnikov, Carlson, Ovechknin, Hellebuyck, Tkachuk, Kane, Barkov

Then I'd definitely look into redrafting Burns as well.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think you're keeping mostly the same guys... one swap - I would keep Zibs over Wheeler

can't argue with the others bolded. You can always re-draft Tkachuk & Wheeler if need be
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I think you're keeping mostly the same guys... one swap - I would keep Zibs over Wheeler

can't argue with the others bolded. You can always re-draft Tkachuk & Wheeler if need be
    I'm with this. Id keep zibby over wheeler. He has arrived.

I'd be curious to know who else will be available after the two rookies but wheeler and tkatchuk are good options in a keep 8.

It's pretty nice timing for this draft as youll have lots of options around next year's keepers.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I've cut it down to 9 guys: 8 keepers, and one you'll need to redraft. I have a feeling Burns might slip out of round 1, so I'd toss him back into the draft pool. that leaves you room for picking up one othe player somebody drops inexplicably besides the 2 rookies you want.

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    LW-Ovechkin~B.Tkachuk
    RW-P. Kane~Wheeler
    LW/RW-Svechnikov
    D-Carlson
    G-Hellebuyck
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I've cut it down to 9 guys: 8 keepers, and one you'll need to redraft. I have a feeling Burns might slip out of round 1, so I'd toss him back into the draft pool. that leaves you room for picking up one othe player somebody drops inexplicably besides the 2 rookies you want.

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    LW-Ovechkin~B.Tkachuk
    RW-P. Kane~Wheeler
    LW/RW-Svechnikov
    D-Carlson
    G-Hellebuyck
    This is pretty much where I am at too, but struggling to figure out who the odd one out is. Tkachuk is such a special player. He was on pace for 300SOG and 300hits, which is insanse and cannot be overlooked. I'd probably drop Wheeler simply due to his age. He could slip a bit in the re-draft due to others usually looking at age when ranking compared to performance.

Tough choice none the less.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate the quality of these posts and advice and I have rep’d who I could.

As of now, I will plan on keeping Zibanejad, Barkov, Ovechkin, B. Tkachuk, Svech, P. Kane, Carlson and Hellebuyck.

Looking like I will leave Wheeler and Burns unprotected and redraft Wheeler for sure at 3rd overall after I take Lafreniere and Byfield 1 and 2. I will see who is available at 4th overall and will look at Burns there for sure.

I might be trading Burns and Horvat for the 5th overall too. Haha

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate the quality of these posts and advice and I have rep’d who I could.

As of now, I will plan on keeping Zibanejad, Barkov, Ovechkin, B. Tkachuk, Svech, P. Kane, Carlson and Hellebuyck.

Looking like I will leave Wheeler and Burns unprotected and redraft Wheeler for sure at 3rd overall after I take Lafreniere and Byfield 1 and 2. I will see who is available at 4th overall and will look at Burns there for sure.

I might be trading Burns and Horvat for the 5th overall too. Haha
    Ya I'd make that trade in your position. It's like getting to keep another player on an already stacked team. Should be able to march your way to the top of the standings next season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I also like that deal of Burns/Horvat for 5th overall.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.