Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Podcast Thread

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: The Podcast Thread

I've also added the Bob MacCown pod to my list of weekly listens.

Effectively Wild is a good one for baseball enthusiasts.

If you have heard The Apology Line yet, that's a different one you should investigate.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

For hockey I like Puck Soup though really only for Sean McIndoe because the other two (Greg and Ryan) are so effing hard to listen to compared to him. I wish he had his own hockey podcast.

There's also Ray and Dregs, but it's really only for Ray Ferraro. I could listen to him talk hockey for hours. He is the best colour analyst in the business.

For history, if people haven't heard of Our Fake History, it's pretty good and comical, and breaks down historical myths. It's very entertaining.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Reviving this thread after reading a story on Podcast on The Athletic. It was interesting to see the most popular pods in Canada vs the US. You can see the rankings of sports podcasts in these two links:

Canada: https://chartable.com/charts/itunes/ca-sports-podcasts

US: https://chartable.com/charts/itunes/us-sports-podcasts

Chiclets is the #1 sports podcast in Canada. It's not even in the top 15 in the US. Currently, it sits as the 16th most popular podcast down there.

I get it, more options in the US for sports podcasts, and they love other sports more than we do here in Canada. Still interesting to see the variance, and maybe give you some new podcast ideas.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Seconding the recommendation for SmartLess. I am also enjoying going down memory lane with the cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on the It's Always Sunny podcast. They started watching every episode they made from the first one and discuss it. Fun for superfans. There is only so much time in the day (or night) so for now I've stopped following Bill Burr's episodes.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Seconding the recommendation for SmartLess. I am also enjoying going down memory lane with the cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on the It's Always Sunny podcast. They started watching every episode they made from the first one and discuss it. Fun for superfans. There is only so much time in the day (or night) so for now I've stopped following Bill Burr's episodes.
    I'll have to check out the IASIP podcast. That was a favorite show of mine for a while. Smartless has had both Charlie Day and Rob McInhenney on as guests. Charlie Day is a very interesting dude.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Chiclets has Charles Barkley on today's ep. Been waiting for this.

Dobber Sports Deity

Another thumbs up for Smartless. It's a regular for me too.

If you are a Canadian history buff, I really enjoy the "Canadian History Ehx" podcast.

"We Regret to Inform You: The Rejection Podcast" is another good one. It looks at different actors/celebrities/musicians/artists/etc that has been rejected on their road to success.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    For hockey I like Puck Soup though really only for Sean McIndoe because the other two (Greg and Ryan) are so effing hard to listen to compared to him. I wish he had his own hockey podcast.

There's also Ray and Dregs, but it's really only for Ray Ferraro. I could listen to him talk hockey for hours. He is the best colour analyst in the business.

For history, if people haven't heard of Our Fake History, it's pretty good and comical, and breaks down historical myths. It's very entertaining.
    Any recommendations on where to start with Our Fake History? There’s a lot of episodes to choose from and I don’t want to pick a poor one and be soured on it from the start
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Sage

I can update my list from the past:

The Daily Stoic Podcast- A daily listen. Often very short podcasts with tips from ancient philosophers on how to live your life. I listen to it every day while walking the dog.

No Stupid Questions- From Angela Duckworth (Grit) and Stephen Dubner (Freakanomics) They have weekly podcast where they tackle a question from a psychology standpoint.

PDOcast- I skipped the Bruin love-fest podcasts this season but their work overall is fantastic.

The Athletic podcasts- The Leaf Report and the Vancast are very good. Harm does need to talk less on the Vancast though. I definitely miss Drance.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm glad someone has mentioned Freakonomics! It's great! ( I also got No Stupid Questions on as well).
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Monster

Here's another question for all: where is the best place to listen to podcasts? Thinking apps-wise. I like PocketCasts design the most but some hockey podcasts seem to not get uploaded there so I'm considering alternatives. Not a huge fan of the spotify app but maybe I don't know how to customize it properly. Google Podcasts is fine but I find the layout very basic and not customizable enough.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Most of mine are in here but just going to throw in a plug for Animal Spirits, it is my favorite life/investing podcast