Thread: Offseason plans?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Offseason plans?

Alright, $95.4 million is my salary cap, we cannot cut players above 5 million during the season. In the offseason, we can cut one guy above 5 million. Here is my team:

Centers: Cirelli, Johansen, Geekie (streamer, I plan to drop him.), Couture (IR+, as soon as our rosters open I'll take him off.)

Left Wingers: Niederreiter, Draisaitl (also Center), Crouse, Drouin (Center, IR+ will activate him once rosters open again).

Right Wingers: Carrier, Kassian, Vatrano, Zuccarello, Archibald (streamer)

Defense: Lindell, Subban (BUYOUT), Werenski, Morrissey, De Haan (IR+, should I keep him?)

Goalies: LA and NYI tandems.

1st round pick, likely to be Lafreniere.

Alright here are my categories.

G A PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK W GA* GAA SV SA* SV%
    The asterisk means that we don't count it so GA and SA are not included.

Alright a couple of questions. First off I hope I get Lafreniere to boost my team up. Subban is definitely my buyout, frees up a ton of cap for me. I would have 10-11 million, with Cirelli's extension the only one I would have to worry about. I calculated the Morrissey extension and Kassian and Carrier's as well into it.
    Second, is De Haan worth keeping or is he overpriced? I was thinking dropping Archibald for Blais and Geekie for Matt Roy. I have an empty spot on my roster which will be filled up as soon as the rosters are unlocked.
    Finally, any guys with some value I could dangle? Guys I would want to keep are Draisaitl, Werenski, Cirelli, Varlamov, and my 1st rounder. Feedback would be appreciated! Also, some trade targets possibly? I would love to trade for Bjorkstrand but not sure what to offer

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Offseason plans?

Guys I'd be keeping: Drai, your 1st, Cirelli, Werenski, Crouse, Peterson, and Drouin. I'd look into trading pretty much everyone else.

Couture, Zucc and Kassian are both going to decline by the point when you'll be competing and should be able to fetch you a nice price now. Lindell and Morrissey aren't guys you have to move, but I think they are generally over valued compared to their production. Morrissey is already behind Pionk for PP time and if Heinola's audition this year was any indication, Morrissey could easily find himself as the 3rd option. Lindell is the 3rd already but I think has some extra name value you could cash in on.

De Haan provides average numbers for a fairly significant cost. I'd expect to find some 3rd pairing rookie who can provide equal or better numbers in the beginning of the season for a fraction of the cost.

As for the rest, I wouldn't expect to get much for them, but I'd be open to moving as well.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    Guys I'd be keeping: Drai, your 1st, Cirelli, Werenski, Crouse, Peterson, and Drouin. I'd look into trading pretty much everyone else.

Couture, Zucc and Kassian are both going to decline by the point when you'll be competing and should be able to fetch you a nice price now. Lindell and Morrissey aren't guys you have to move, but I think they are generally over valued compared to their production. Morrissey is already behind Pionk for PP time and if Heinola's audition this year was any indication, Morrissey could easily find himself as the 3rd option. Lindell is the 3rd already but I think has some extra name value you could cash in on.

De Haan provides average numbers for a fairly significant cost. I'd expect to find some 3rd pairing rookie who can provide equal or better numbers in the beginning of the season for a fraction of the cost.

As for the rest, I wouldn't expect to get much for them, but I'd be open to moving as well.
    14 teams are in the league, 8 teams make the playoffs. Is this team currently constructed a playoff team? I will see if there is any interest on these guys you mentioned. I will make a new post if I get some interest. Should I shop around Varly and Greiss?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Unsure if you've seen this article, which was pre-shutdown, but it's got some FA salary projections.

https://dobberhockey.com/2020/02/20/...r-free-agents/

C: Cirelli, Johansen are fine, and Couture gives pretty good production still at a high price. I think you can likely move him if you choose to do so.

LW: Draisiatl & Crouse are keepers. Drouin is okay at that price, he's maybe a 60 point guy, but no real peripherals. I'd want to move him if possible, but you have bigger issues. Nino needs to go, but is too expensive to cut.

RW: Carrier, Kassian, Vatrano, are all decent values. You can shop them, but you may not get much for them and Carrier & Vatrano are solid enough and cheap enough that they will help you. Kassian is older, but you might find he's better off being held by you than dealt for a poor return in the offseason. Zuccarello needs to be dealt to somebody interested in a win now move, as he's too expensive to cut.

D: Werenski is the only guy I'd really want to keep from your roster. DeHaan is not remotely good enough at that price. I'd cut Morrissey while you can before he becomes too expensive if you can't trade him. I'd hope someone takes Lindell off your hands as well, he has some misplaced name value, so that helps, as he's too expensive to cut. Look for cheap D that score some, but give good peripherals.

G: The Isles guys are fine, as is Petersen. I'd want to unload Quick if you can, but I doubt it happens, unless it's for a another bad contract, as he's too expensive to cut.

My main takeaway is that you have too many guys you need to cut that you can't cut:
    Subban
    Lindell
    Quick
    Nino

and some others that could join this list.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Unsure if you've seen this article, which was pre-shutdown, but it's got some FA salary projections.

https://dobberhockey.com/2020/02/20/...r-free-agents/

C: Cirelli, Johansen are fine, and Couture gives pretty good production still at a high price. I think you can likely move him if you choose to do so.

LW: Draisiatl & Crouse are keepers. Drouin is okay at that price, he's maybe a 60 point guy, but no real peripherals. I'd want to move him if possible, but you have bigger issues. Nino needs to go, but is too expensive to cut.

RW: Carrier, Kassian, Vatrano, are all decent values. You can shop them, but you may not get much for them and Carrier & Vatrano are solid enough and cheap enough that they will help you. Kassian is older, but you might find he's better off being held by you than dealt for a poor return in the offseason. Zuccarello needs to be dealt to somebody interested in a win now move, as he's too expensive to cut.

D: Werenski is the only guy I'd really want to keep from your roster. DeHaan is not remotely good enough at that price. I'd cut Morrissey while you can before he becomes too expensive if you can't trade him. I'd hope someone takes Lindell off your hands as well, he has some misplaced name value, so that helps, as he's too expensive to cut. Look for cheap D that score some, but give good peripherals.

G: The Isles guys are fine, as is Petersen. I'd want to unload Quick if you can, but I doubt it happens, unless it's for a another bad contract, as he's too expensive to cut.

My main takeaway is that you have too many guys you need to cut that you can't cut:
    Subban
    Lindell
    Quick
    Nino

and some others that could join this list.
    Subban will be bought out in the offseason, giving me 9 extra million to work with. Also, our salary cap is going up so i'm hoping it gets high enough so that I can cut Nino and possibly Drouin? I plan to shop Drouin, Morrissey and Lindell.