Thread: Help!!

The Great One

Default Help!!

I know Ive posted similar threads but Im on the clock and utterly lacking in knowledge of the player type Im dealing with.

G A P STP SOG Hits Blocks- Pims are a negative!
    20 million over the NHL cap- use player salary.

We start 5 dmen and Ive only got Klefbom and Barrie fairly deep in the draft.

I think Im ok adding a 3-4 million dollar range guy and looking at Montour and Gudas.

Theres also Sanheim, Butcher, Miller Matheson

A few prospects- Cam York.

IM REALLY TEMPTED TO GO gHOST bEAR AS HES AN OK PLAY AT 4.5 IF HE CAN BOUNCE BACK TO 50ISH POINTS. That being said I was kind of banking on Dmen to stuff some peripheral stats here and maybe a Montour type is the way to go. I had Morrissey qd up and he went right before my spot.

Option B and its rough- I can eat a bunch of cap and take a WEber??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Help!!

I don;t think I want Weber or Ghost.

Weber because of the high cap hit and Ghost because Vigneault doesn't seem to like Ghost is high on the depth chart.

The Great One

I took Ghost- please help me pick my next Dman- lol! Its a long weight but id love to focus on a Montour/Sanheim type before rounding out the bottom couple with ELC stat stuffers. I also need an F badly- lol!

C- McDavid, Yamomoto(RW), Hughes (LW)
    LW- Gudreau, Hall, OPEN
    RW- Duclair, Kase, J. Anderson
    D- K-Bomb, Barrie, Ghost, OPEN, OPEN
    G- Rittich, Varly
    Bn- Koskinen, Nedjolvic

Sort of happy so far- and looking to add Nillson out of Ottawa who I have a particular affinity for to my ragtag goalie collective :P

Who I take next?? Please hold the Ghost Bear boos- lol!!! 8th round in a 20 teamer isn't bad- and Ive got a decent enough amount of capspace currently- with 35ish million left...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I don;t think I want Weber or Ghost.

Weber because of the high cap hit and Ghost because Vigneault doesn't seem to like Ghost is high on the depth chart.
    Still young- maybe a trade helps??!! One of the common wisdoms that has made sense and worked for me is outside of peripheral categories your looking for at least 10 points per million. I feel like Ghost is generally a safe bvet to get that even in a down year- and considering his ttoi and deployment- 200+ sogs is icing on the cake. I know its not the perfect pick and Ill have to address my lack of hits andblocks fairly soon but Im hoping its not a major misstep based on that logic...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Still young- maybe a trade helps??!! One of the common wisdoms that has made sense and worked for me is outside of peripheral categories your looking for at least 10 points per million. I feel like Ghost is generally a safe bvet to get that even in a down year- and considering his ttoi and deployment- 200+ sogs is icing on the cake. I know its not the perfect pick and Ill have to address my lack of hits andblocks fairly soon but Im hoping its not a major misstep based on that logic...
    I would rather find a 3M player who provides 25-35 points, with 150shots, and higher levels of hits/blocks than a 45 points guy missing the peripherals. So I would pass on Ghost too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would rather find a 3M player who provides 25-35 points, with 150shots, and higher levels of hits/blocks than a 45 points guy missing the peripherals. So I would pass on Ghost too.
    I hear ya- me too in a way- I kind of panicked and went with the metrics I know. I figure for all his warts- 4.5 is a pretty reasonable salary for his floor- 45 and 200. That being said i was targetting morrissey and Id like to pick a lower cost peripheral guy next- does Sanheim or Manson make sense here? manson pricier- Sanheim less hits/blocks. Any advice outside of Stephen Johns who I have qd up and my sleeper D in CLB (lol!). Open to suggestions...