Thread: Morrissey

The Great One

Default Morrissey

In a multi cat dynasty is Morrissey a good play as a 3rd dman??

Seems he brings 30+ point range with hits OR blocks- cant remember which being really solid. Sounds like hes worth the 3 yea??

I missed Cernak and Toews- any other guys I should watch for? Hits blocks- pims count as a negative point! Salary is NHL plus 20 million...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Morrissey

Morrissey's a good block guy.. soft in hits. Morrissey's new contract kicks in which really crushes his value

Stephen Johns is a big hits guy 2+ per game and will give you approx 1.5 blocks per game
    One guy starting to emerge that has some decent offensive upside (30ishpts with potential for more) -- Matt Roy in LA 112 sog 132 hit 100 blk in 70gp -- his first full NHL season.
    I doubt he is still around but John Marino is a great option as a late round point producing Dman with some periph upside.

Mentioned earlier - Mackenzie Weegar is a solid blk/hit option as well.

Then there's the monsters - McNabb & Borowiecki - Boro runs up PIMs, but McNabb usually stays out of the box.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Morrissey's a good block guy.. soft in hits. Morrissey's new contract kicks in which really crushes his value

Stephen Johns is a big hits guy 2+ per game and will give you approx 1.5 blocks per game
    One guy starting to emerge that has some decent offensive upside (30ishpts with potential for more) -- Matt Roy in LA 112 sog 132 hit 100 blk in 70gp -- his first full NHL season.
    I doubt he is still around but John Marino is a great option as a late round point producing Dman with some periph upside.

Mentioned earlier - Mackenzie Weegar is a solid blk/hit option as well.

Then there's the monsters - McNabb & Borowiecki - Boro runs up PIMs, but McNabb usually stays out of the box.
    Lucafen- your the best!!

Can you do me a silly favor? Can you delete this?? These guys are absolutely fantastic slepers (I had no idea about!!) and a lot of dobber guys doing this draft. Im going to save this as a pm. if you could delete or edit the names out Id be muchos appreciatos!!

The Great One

Only the first guy available- you think he slides or should I grab asap??

Dobber Sports Jedi

If Johns is available. then Grab... I'll add Mayfield to the bunch as well.
    There are higher priced guys that probably slid but put up great periphs this year - with low PIM.

I'm guessing if all but one is gone no need to delete post.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If Johns is available. then Grab... I'll add Mayfield to the bunch as well.
    There are higher priced guys that probably slid but put up great periphs this year - with low PIM.

I'm guessing if all but one is gone no need to delete post.
    Yea that's mostly logical- Im like 34 picks away though haha! Maybe edit the first name?? :P If its a pain in the @$$ I get it- haha!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you are 34 picks away get in touch when you are 3 picks away.

The issue is once you do a more multi-cat cap league, you'll figure out defense values quickly in that first year or so, and realize who needs to go bye bye fast. Hmm, maybe I will post a keeper question on my d-men to help you see analysis.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.