Thread: New Dynasty- Help me with an "upside" pick!

The Great One

Default New Dynasty- Help me with an "upside" pick!

We count- g a p, stp (special teams) blocks hits, sog fow- and pims as a negative category.

Ive only got one c,three rw, 3 lw, 2 d (out of 5)- but prospects are going stupid fast- wouldnt mind adding a couple in the rush here:

My Team- Dynasty- Cap 20 million over NHL cap

C- McDavid
    LW- Gudreau, Hall, Hughes
    RW- Duclair, Kase, Yamomoto
    D- Klefbom, Barrie
    G- Rittich, Varlamov
    Bn- Koskinen, Nedjovlic

Guys Im interested in:

Tolvanen- Im a fan of bigtime shooters and his KHL season was BANANAS!! I know expectations have fallen but could be a great "post hype" yupe of sleeper pros[pect.

Krebs- interesting player but dont know a ton about him

Middelstadt- Another post hype type? I worry that hell end up being a playmaker and i also worry about guys who skip the CHL (reminds me of Turris).0

Donato- Pretty sure hes a high sog per minute type. Worry about the team overall but on the flipside there should be extra room to carve out a role maybe?

Borg- I worry hes too buried in Florida with other prospects who will exceed him in pure offensive upside...

Bura- a little old for this list maybe but i just need cheap players with upside as well as pure prospects.

Terry- A fan of his posession metrics and how hes viewed by advanced stat types (supposedly a zone entry titan!). Not a fan of his pass first mentality for fantasy.

Zacha- This the year he realizes his immense upside?

Roslovic- lower ceiling but maybe more attainable? I feel like he could be 2c in the peg...

Josh Anderson- the forgotten man. Could be a 30/30 guy who adds monster hits as early as next year. Worry about pims, worry about injuries permanently setting back his development, worry about how much I worry...

Rep gun loaded!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: New Dynasty- Help me with an "upside" pick!

For pure upside:

Krebs

Burakovsky

Mittlestadt
    Tolvanen
    Terry

Roslovic
    Anderson
    Borgstrom
    Donato

Zacha (The large gap is on purpose)

Dobber Sports Sage

Arent you reaching on a lot of these guys?
    I would be looking for my #2 C with this pick. Then probably D. If theres a prospect I can plug right into my lineup at one of those spots, great. But I would seriously be grabbing a high fow C here.

The Great One

Josh Anderson

Morrissey and Krebs OR Tolvanen next- in a perfect world :P

Cs suck- overpaid junk- Toews.Johansen OR looking at 2/3 types with upside- Dobnato.

Dang- didnt see anders lee- shit- I actually like him...