Thread: Need Cheap- Multi-cat Dmen!! Rep!!

The Great One

Default Need Cheap- Multi-cat Dmen!! Rep!!

Im very unfamiliar with hits and blocks as a cat and somewhat unfamiliar with the cap parameters in my new league aka deeeeep player pool and low ceiling on the cap (20 mil over real NHL).

Ive got Klefbom and added barrie as scoring guys (although Klef holds up well on the periphs as well). I might tyry to add one more and maybe a scoring prospect (thinking Valimaki in Calgary??). After that id really love to add 2-3 relatively affordable hit and block machines!! If anyone can steer me in the right direction in this regard Id be very appreciative!! Even enough to load the old "REP CANNON!!!"

Would love some help gents/ladies/folks/crazies...

Administrator

Default Re: Need Cheap- Multi-cat Dmen!! Rep!!

Our cap/salary data needs some work which I will get to once I have a few things behind the scenes sorted out but...

This report might help you out
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_report.php?pos=Defensemen&team=ALL&rook ie=All&mingp=0&period=2019-2020%3AR&startdate=&enddate=&report=Cap+Bargains&r eportdata_length=30

If you want a PIM guy, sort the table by PIM and go from there.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Thanks eric!! Its an odd type of format (or is it transcendent?)- because pims hurt as a category. Im looking for an absence of pims while simultaneously trying to accrue hits and blocks- might be tricky...

Administrator

What is your actual scoring format?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Stephen Johns is one guy that is flying under the radar due to 18mths of concussions

Borowiecki, McNabb are two hit/blk monsters - McNabb keeps his PIMs pretty low as well
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Barrie will be pretty terrible in your format as he produces no peripherals and will be overpaid for offence.
    Valimaki also doesn't produce much for peripherals and has too many offensive guys in front of him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I will second dumping Barrie almost immediately - he's the antithesis of what you want, expensive empty scoring. Go grab yourself a Provorov or Letang type, fewer points, but good peripherals.

Cheap guys I am rostering in a league where Hits+Blocks are a single cat:
    Chiarot - a bit more PIM than you may want
    Graves
    Hronek - raise coming soon, but is complete player
    Weegar - you should know who he is
    Pelech
    Mayfield
    Gavrikov
    Roy - rookie, so yummy ELC
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Johns was the first guy to pop in my mind, most of the guys that jumped to my mind are RFA/UFA next season so no guarantees their contracts will be bargains

Erik Cernak - RD for Tampa, usually paired with McDonagh, averages about 1.8 shots, 2.5 hits, and 1.5 blocks per game, with Tampa tight against the cap and Sergachev and Cirelli needing new deals as well I doubt he commands much if he wants to stay. He will rack up some penalties however.

Roman Polak will probably somehow get a cheap deal from another team an he can be counted on for hits and blocks when he's not scratched.

Nikita Tryamkin is poised to return to Vancouver after a few years in the KHL, he hit and blocked plenty while overseas but no guarantee he gets a cheap contract here, or makes the Canucks out of camp, or gets meaningful minutes if he does make the team.

Dakota Mermis played about the final 10 games for New Jersey putting up 20 hits and 21 blocks along with 4 points in that time. However, he is now in the RFA group where he hasn't played enough NHL games for the Devils to retain his rights. He's free to sign anywhere this summer and I can't see him making 7 figures. Worth keeping an eye on at east.

There's also Nick Holden from the Knights and a longshot in Artyom (Artem) Zub potentially coming to the NHL. He's RD, defensive-minded that Dreger has linked to the Sens, he wasn't a huge hitter or blocker for SKA but he may have to adjust his game for the NHL and he can only sign an ELC this year so his contract will be the right price.

Dobber Sports Ace

Cernak (great option I agree),
    Matt Roy,
    Savard,
    Jack Johnson (dare I say)
    Hagg (raise coming soon?),
    Gudas,
    Pulock (raise coming soon).

I also agree with McNabb of course too and Borowiecki (PIM might bite you once he gets back to health)
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Administrator

Some great options here. Some of them will be getting paid soon. I was hoping to get more info so I could provide an actual report for the league but I think the names here give plenty of food for thought.

Dobber Sports Master

biega-det , ferraro-sjs are a few more . they dont block as much as some of the guys mentioned above but have low sal + low pims

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I will second dumping Barrie almost immediately - he's the antithesis of what you want, expensive empty scoring. Go grab yourself a Provorov or Letang type, fewer points, but good peripherals.

Cheap guys I am rostering in a league where Hits+Blocks are a single cat:
    Chiarot - a bit more PIM than you may want
    Graves
    Hronek - raise coming soon, but is complete player
    Weegar - you should know who he is
    Pelech
    Mayfield
    Gavrikov
    Roy - rookie, so yummy ELC
    LMFO!!! So funny that you remember that- haha! Im laughing for real- not just typing it. My lady friend laughing at me :P I need to spread rep- Ive tried throwing someat you like 3 times but I have to spread more I worried about that Barrie pick- Ill put him on the block. I like that Gakrikov for a bit of offensive upside too...

Quick question- would you burn a soonish pick on say a morrissey type who provides offense and periphs too at 3.5ish?

Morissey- Looking for a solid 3rd guy for points- then Im fine jamming peripheral guys into the last 2
    Ghost Bear- Guessing barrie syndrome here? He could get back to 55+ ways though at 4.5 still..
    Dunn- new deal a question mark
    Toews- periphs not great
    Sanheim- I dont no much about him- looks ok?
    Montour- good periphs- pretty high price tyag though
    Skej- unsure about
    Larsson (hit machine!!)
    Cernak (Dang- this kid looks pretty good!)

Any of these guys? this area really is a weakness for me so i apprec iate any extra help!!

The Great One

Cernak next?

Ive got prospects like Krebs, Tolvanen Im looking at- or my klast rw in a zucker type...