Thread: Dropable/tradeable prospect?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Dropable/tradeable prospect?

League settings and team in my signature.

When the league suspended play, I was leading in the semi-finals of the loser playoffs of my league. The better you do in loser playoffs, the better your odds of getting a higher draft rank in the next draft. First place gets 8 pingpong balls, Second gets 7, etc all the way to 8th place gets 1. Reminder : The draft part if for prospects and bench players, main team is picked at auction before. If the season gets cancelled, we're going for the regular season standings to sort out the teams who are still alive, which would give me 7 lottery balls.

I'm sure of getting a top 8 pick with a pretty decent shot at it being a top 4. Probably 7/36 odds of it being 1st overall.

Looking at my prospects, I'm wondering which one I'm moving to make some room for the one I'll be drafting. Except for goalies, we don't have any limits to how long a player can remain in the prospect list before being moved up. Also, I'm not looking to move up either Adam Fox or Martin Necas yet unless I really have to.

I guess the choice pretty much comes down to Jan Jenik or Nils Lundkvist... Unless you're seeing something I'm not?

Thanks for your insight!
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Dropable/tradeable prospect?

I would rather call Necas up and drop Hawryluk or Jarnkrok vs. dropping a prospect.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would rather call Necas up and drop Hawryluk or Jarnkrok vs. dropping a prospect.
    Sort of nervous about the sophomore slump. That's why I was saying that I'd rather not move up Necas or Fox yet.

That being said, it's a keep 4 (players kept cost 5$ more than the year before), so yeah Hawryluk and Jarnkrok will have already been dropped by the time I use my draft pick.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Jedi

for a straight drop... Merkley would be my option. Who you draft will be in the NHL before him and give you a higher ceiling.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4