Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Staying active during quarantine

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Staying active during quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Running injuries is how I got started with cycling (and then triathlons) as well. I think it's a pretty common path.

Nothing gets my heart racing like a good run, but unfortunately it's also one of the more damaging exercises for the body. Every runner I know gets a least one injury a year.
    I've recently started running and yes I'm finding that. It just takes such a toll and even the most minor injury can result in you not being able to do any working out.

Administrator

Transition to low-impact

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Transition to low-impact
    Haha but I just transitioned to running. Worked out for years and been doing Orange Theory for the past year so with all of these closures it was finally time to run outside.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Haha but I just transitioned to running. Worked out for years and been doing Orange Theory for the past year so with all of these closures it was finally time to run outside.
    Look into trail running. It's much easier on the body because you're moving at lower speeds due to hills, but still working really hard. Not to mention once your fitness level increases you can start doing trips that people backpack over multiple days, in one day of running and exploring.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Look into trail running. It's much easier on the body because you're moving at lower speeds due to hills, but still working really hard. Not to mention once your fitness level increases you can start doing trips that people backpack over multiple days, in one day of running and exploring.
    Totally agree. And depending on the trail. it doesn't even need to be a run. We've got a few hikes around Nanaimo that you can get a serious work out just with fast paced walk due to the elevation change and uneven ground on the trails.

I have a couple little nagging injuries that are keeping me from running but I went for a 10k hike Mon that was far more strenuous than a 10k road run.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4