Thread: Keepers for Next Season

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Keepers for Next Season

Team 2 in Sig; the bolded names are in fact what I am considering for the retained core. Scoring this season per player as follows:

Backstrom 449.85 Lee 544.75 DeBrincat 521.77

Trocheck 458.21 Buchnevich 455.51 Hronek 410.92

Chabot 485.55 Hughes 451.68 Josi 706.64

Hyman 368.09 Hedman 550.84 Zibanejad 793.17

Palmieri 524.63 Horvat 606.53 Yamamoto 215.04

Getzlaf 517.77 Draisaitl 919.02 Fiala 549.19

Boeser 450.62 Shesterkin 191.50 Markstrom 499.50

Assume trades are not an option as they do not happen very often in this league and I am usually the one who would be proposing them. I know it's a lot of defenders but these are all top tier I feel and two still with much room to get even better. Hedman/Josi lead the charge and once they exit their respective primes, Chabot/Hughes will be ready to anchor my blue line. Boeser I still believe in to be a top tier goal scorer in this league, willing to give one more shot to put together a healthy campaign before I start taking the band aid boy resume into consideration. Fiala I am confident I can secure in the draft, same for Yamamoto. Lot of owners I feel went to sleep because quite frankly I bludgeoned my competition this year, sitting at 19-2 before the shutdown. It kills me to let Backstom go who I have owned for many many years but Mika has arrived and the immediate impact of Hughes made him my casualty. Let me know your thoughts.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keepers for Next Season

I could see an argument for DeBrincat over Chabot, but can't fault you either way.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree with your picks, losing backstrom sucks but that's the price to pay with having a stacked team lol. You'll be fine and the team will be set up well for the future! Hedman's prime will last for 4-5 years so that defense really is your strength.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I keep Fiala over Boeser.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKid View Post
    I keep Fiala over Boeser.
    it's a warranted thought but I am just too tantalized by the Vancouver PP link.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Fiala over Chabot or Boeser.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I like Fiala (seems to be a point per game player?) and DeBrincat (point total should land between this year's pace and two years ago) over Chabot (stuck on a bad team for a few more years) and Boeser (injury prone).

Dobber Sports Superstar

valid points though I counter with non cemented coaching scenario in MIN next year therefore no guarantee for Kevin's usage/production. As far as Chabot, does that not make him more tantalizing? Would've cross 40 points yet again with solid peripherals on a bad squad and still not in prime. As far as Boeser I understand the injury concern but i believe in his talent, willing to give another shot to flourish, he's still just what 22? DeBrincat would be a consideration for a lesser squad but I had a fortunate issue of depth and he's simply an unfortunate casualty, will try to trade for a mid to late pick