Thread: Fantasy Withdrawl? Click Here

Big Daddy

Default Fantasy Withdrawl? Click Here

So I'm sure a lot of us are missing playing fantasy hockey and sports in general. I may have found something that can hold you over for a bit, even if it is only a couple days or weeks before you get tired of it. It is an app I downloaded on my phone called Hockey Legacy Manager 20. I searched "hockey manager" in the app store and downloaded 4 different ones, this one seems to be the best in my opinion. You basically select an NHL team and you get the full/current roster of that team. It isn't licensed so you don't get the logos or team names (only citites) and the player's first names are all knock-offs but the last name and position are accurate - so are contracts and owned draft picks. You can trade players and picks (pretty easily) and there is a lot of AI activity as well. The nice thing is you can have multiple games on the go at once. So you can select your favourite team but also pick a bottom feeder for a rebuild or a team like WSH/TB and try to win the Cup. There is a full 82 game schedule, playoffs, entry draft, free agency, salary cap etc. - Remember to save your progress or you will loose it each time you stop playing.

It is a simulator so you don't get to play the games but you can choose to sim by game, by month or slow sim each game and follow the box score. All stats are accumulated so you can follow the scoring races etc. And you can play as slow or fast as you like. Simulate a game per day, a month per day or even a full season. It is a lot of fun.

Should mention I am just sharing this to help you guys get your fantasy fix and pass the time. I'm not benefiting in anyway by getting downloads.

Enjoy!
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Fantasy Withdrawl? Click Here

Does make me wonder if...
    EASports needs to offer a full online - fantasy mode.

Draft your team - farm system etc. create an online league and draft your teams.
    then play against the teams in your league.

I just tossed this out as a random idea... but man... now that I think of it.. it's a pretty sweet idea.
    You get way more control of your team. Having an online player rating to ensure you enter leagues with players of similar skill level would be imperative. Could see that being the biggest draw back.

I'm so removed from gaming I have no idea where things are at with stuff like this.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Big Daddy

I’ve Simulation league openings posted in the Classified section of the forum in the past but I’m not sure how they work really. I would imagine similar to this app but more fantasy driven. If anyone knows how they work and was willing to run a new league I’d be interested and I bet we could easily fill a league.

Dobber Sports Master

https://www.whatifsports.com

I just simmed the 1977 habs v.s the 1982 islanders a few times and you'll never guess who won

Dobber Sports Ace

I checked it out and it's a nifty little setup for free, especially in these crazy times. Thanks for the find!
    Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    So I'm sure a lot of us are missing playing fantasy hockey and sports in general. I may have found something that can hold you over for a bit, even if it is only a couple days or weeks before you get tired of it. It is an app I downloaded on my phone called Hockey Legacy Manager 20. I searched "hockey manager" in the app store and downloaded 4 different ones, this one seems to be the best in my opinion. You basically select an NHL team and you get the full/current roster of that team. It isn't licensed so you don't get the logos or team names (only citites) and the player's first names are all knock-offs but the last name and position are accurate - so are contracts and owned draft picks. You can trade players and picks (pretty easily) and there is a lot of AI activity as well. The nice thing is you can have multiple games on the go at once. So you can select your favourite team but also pick a bottom feeder for a rebuild or a team like WSH/TB and try to win the Cup. There is a full 82 game schedule, playoffs, entry draft, free agency, salary cap etc. - Remember to save your progress or you will loose it each time you stop playing.

It is a simulator so you don't get to play the games but you can choose to sim by game, by month or slow sim each game and follow the box score. All stats are accumulated so you can follow the scoring races etc. And you can play as slow or fast as you like. Simulate a game per day, a month per day or even a full season. It is a lot of fun.

Should mention I am just sharing this to help you guys get your fantasy fix and pass the time. I'm not benefiting in anyway by getting downloads.

Enjoy!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I will check this out.

If you guys want to know more about sim leagues, check out Strat-O-Matic, the legendary sports sim company:
    https://www.strat-o-matic.com/
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I will check this out.

If you guys want to know more about sim leagues, check out Strat-O-Matic, the legendary sports sim company:
    https://www.strat-o-matic.com/
    I remember owning the Strat-O-Matic board/card game back in the 80s. Me and my buddy used to play the $hit out of that. Good times.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Look at what NBCSN will have on evenings for the next week. Hockey highlights better than constant coronavirus news!
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I remember owning the Strat-O-Matic board/card game back in the 80s. Me and my buddy used to play the $hit out of that. Good times.
    They now have PC versions of all 4 major sports.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

3 loads of laundry ,played with the pets to tucker them out , cleaned up the yard with snowblower after a good dumping of snow friday . Daves app idea looking good on this lonely sat night lol

I am still playing the 2020 version of this app, I bought the full version. Might get the 2021 version, which has some extra features, it seems. Apparently there is a following out there that does real names, historical rosters & other things.