Thread: Interesting Hypothetical

The Great One

Default Interesting Hypothetical

So I just joined a cap dynasty and we start by picking an actual NHL team. I went 7th after Colorado, NYR, Tor, Bos, Tb and Vancouver.

Who would you take??

Remember yuou use their actual salary caps and everything! Ill post mine after.

*** My personal choice is Tampa Bay- you get a gamebreaker at every position. Kucherov, Hedman and Vasilevkiy are all basically 1st rounders- lol!

** Colorado a close second- Mack and Makar make a magical one two. Grubauer is a decent enough option and there are a few intriguing prospect options.

* I didnt go Buffalo (Eichel, Dahlin, and Olofsson held back only by a brutal goalie choice- although you COULD take Ukko Pekka) or Florida (Bob, Barkov, Ekblad OR Yandle and again some intrguing prospects Denisenko, Tippett and Knight all viable!).

Let me know if I effed up!!!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Interesting Hypothetical

I don't think you screwed up. That core is young and elite enough to run with anyone. How many from that team do you select for your roster? Argument could easily be made TB should have gone before Bos or Van
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

I think Tampa has to be the first choice in a setup like this for sure.

As far as who to take at 7. Buffalo would be close, hard to pass up Eichel but you are right about the goaltending.

I think I would have to go with Vegas although Washington, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Winnipeg and Philly would be considerations too.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm surprised Edmonton isn't getting any love here. I'd strongly consider hitching my wagon to McDavid/Drai if given the option at 7th with the other teams listed gone. I don't have a ton of experience with leagues like this but I love top end talent, maybe too much here.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I'm surprised Edmonton isn't getting any love here. I'd strongly consider hitching my wagon to McDavid/Drai if given the option at 7th with the other teams listed gone. I don't have a ton of experience with leagues like this but I love top end talent, maybe too much here.
    I agree. I think it really depends on how this is set up. Some allow you X # of players from any position. Some 1 from F, D and G .. if it's open then Edm flies up the list. if it's 1 from each position grouping TB comes in really high.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Pretty sure this league is in the Classifieds section right now, and you get a F, D, and G to keep. At least I'm assuming it is (that's the kind of info we need).

Colorado is the far and away first choice. MacK at 6M, Makar at 925K (I know only for a year), and Grubauer at 3.3M. That's basically 10M for your first three players, while the guys picking TBay, EDM, TOR, are going to be paying that for their top player, let alone all three.

I can definitely see the appeal and flexibility that the Rangers offer, but there's too many questions there for my liking. Boston doesn't have a defence man that would make the pick worthwhile.

Vancouver is another interesting choice, taking the last year of Pettersson and Hughes at less that 2M total, and just accepting whatever Markstrom gets paid.

Other options: Carolina (Svech, Hamilton, Mrazek), WPG (Scheifele, Pionk, Helle), WSH (Ovie, Carlson, Samsonov), Pittsburgh (Crosby, Letang, Murray/Jarry).

A darkhorse is Philly. Couturier is an awesome option, while Hart is going to be the best goalie to own in a cap league next year. Grab Provorov on D and you're pretty solid.

In the end though, I think my top three are COL, WPG, VAN.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Pretty sure this league is in the Classifieds section right now, and you get a F, D, and G to keep. At least I'm assuming it is (that's the kind of info we need).

Colorado is the far and away first choice. MacK at 6M, Makar at 925K (I know only for a year), and Grubauer at 3.3M. That's basically 10M for your first three players, while the guys picking TBay, EDM, TOR, are going to be paying that for their top player, let alone all three.

I can definitely see the appeal and flexibility that the Rangers offer, but there's too many questions there for my liking. Boston doesn't have a defence man that would make the pick worthwhile.

Vancouver is another interesting choice, taking the last year of Pettersson and Hughes at less that 2M total, and just accepting whatever Markstrom gets paid.

Other options: Carolina (Svech, Hamilton, Mrazek), WPG (Scheifele, Pionk, Helle), WSH (Ovie, Carlson, Samsonov), Pittsburgh (Crosby, Letang, Murray/Jarry).

A darkhorse is Philly. Couturier is an awesome option, while Hart is going to be the best goalie to own in a cap league next year. Grab Provorov on D and you're pretty solid.

In the end though, I think my top three are COL, WPG, VAN.
    Good advise here and I agree. Colorado and Van appear to be gone. Jets may be the next best choice.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As the person who set up this league, I'll put out the picks we've had so far, since we are lacking content to chat about (and it is 1F, 1D, 1G, 1 prospect).

1. Colorado
    2. Rangers
    3. Toronto
    4. Boston
    5. Tampa
    6. Vancouver
    7. Edmonton
    8. Buffalo
    9. Carolina
    10. Winnipeg
    11. Washington
    12. New Jersey
    13. Philly

Quite a few interesting picks imo

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Also joined this league. Of the 14 teams listed, I had 1 team in my top 6 that hasn’t been taken yet.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's kind of an interesting twist. You know you are getting 3 players, distributed in a specific arrangement, and the question is what direction do you go, as most NHL teams won't have great cap fantasy options for all 3 spots.

There's a team I'm surprised isn't gone already, interested to see when they go.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Tarasenko/ Pietrangelo/ Binnington/ Jordan Kyrou??

yeah, and I’m the Winnipeg owner - pastv2 yrs stats plus ongoing contract led me to take Connor over Scheifele.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Which league is this?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    Which league is this?
    This one here: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...20-2021-season

Final order of teams was:

1. Colorado
    2. Rangers
    3. Toronto
    4. Boston