Thread: Players/prospects impact next season

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Players/prospects impact next season

Which players/prospects do you expect to have the biggest impact next season fantasy-wise. Points only

Forwards:
    Comtois
    Terry
    Tippett
    Kaliyev
    McMichael

Defence:

Brannstrom
    Dobson
    Ty Smith

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    20 team, 56 player roster (30 minors) Full Dynasty Salary Cap H2H League. G, A, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, FOW, TK/GV, GPT3, SV, SV%ES
    14 team, 29 player roster (6 Minors) - Keep 20 players + 6 Minors Dynasty H2H League G, A, P, PPG, PPA, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    12 team, 18 player roster - Full Re-Draft H2H League. G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Players/prospects impact next season

Comtois, Terry, and Dobson, because they're the only ones I'm convinced are actually going to make it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

I think Comtois is going to take awhile- I dont think Terry shoots or scores enough in year one to add much value.

I think Tippeet can score 40ish even from L3 and will get 200 or so sogs even with limited icetime.

If Vrana still cant get real icetime McMichael wont either :P Kaliyev is the wildcard. Theres room for him and you have to think LA starts implementing their youth movement but hes not necessarily a lock anyways tbh.

I think Dmen will take longer (Makar the exception not the rule)- however Brannstrom chewed up the AHL and spit it out so i like him for next year. Dobson has some competetion- and the more I read about Toews the more I see him as a reasonable pp2 guy.

Tippett and Brannstrom- and of those two Brannstrom the only guy with a realistic chance of contributing very much to a fantasy squad outside of very deep multi cat dynasties...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the responses!

Administrator

Terry or Brannstrom to me are the obvious picks for next year.

The wildcard to me is Tippett. The Panthers have major depth problems up front and will be more open to bringing him in.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Tippett* > Brannstrom > Comtois > Dobson > The rest

Imo Tippett is a bit of a wild card. Panthers have Hoffman and Dadonov potentially leaving (or even likely if the rumors owners want to cut costs are true). If both leave that's a clear top 6 role for Tippett. Otherwise I have him probably close to the bottom of the list.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)