Thread: Keep Your Hockey Juices Flowing - Join the 20th Season of the WEHL

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Keep Your Hockey Juices Flowing - Join the 20th Season of the WEHL

The WEHL is currently looking for up to 2 new GMs in our 31 team sim league. We are approaching the 3/4 mark of our 20th annual season. I have been in the league for 18 years. The league gives you a great feel for what a real life GM must feel like. Our league website is thewehl.com.

We have no league entry fees but the playoff champion has been known to be offered an NHL jersey of his or her choice to celebrate his or her victory.

If you have any interest, let me know and I can tell you everything you need to know about the league.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Keep Your Hockey Juices Flowing - Join the 20th Season of the WEHL

Don't you need specific software or something for SIM hockey? I don't know much about SIM leagues but I looked into joining one years ago and it seemed the start up was a bit weird from what I remember.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I’m a little interested in more info

Dobber Sports Icon

To answer your question Axeman, we use the Simon T Hockey Simulator to run our league. Each GM downloads a free program that they use to manage their roster and set their lineup for each game. We are currently in our 20th season so the league is well established. We use the previous 2 NHL seasons' stats to make our player ratings so nothing is subjective (the ratings are all objective). We also use the NHL salary cap and NHL AAV's for our player salaries. Rosters are NHL styled with game rosters of 18 skaters and 2 goalies and pro rosters of 20 - 25 players. We have unlimited farm teams and prospect lists. The league has a 5 round draft every off-season and this is the only way to bring new players into our league database.

The league will continue to mirror the NHL for the number of teams in the league so we will be expanding by one team to 32 for the 21/22 season. We will have an expansion draft in the summer of 2021 just like the NHL. We will likely use the NHL expansion rules to match the NHL.

We currently have 29 GMs as we recently had a GM pass away and another GM stop returning emails. The league can be lots of fun and we are always looking for knowledgeable GMs to make the league better.

Dobber Sports Newbie

I'm interested if there's still a spot there???