Page 67 of 132 FirstFirst ... 17 57 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Can you imagine taking the haunted house ride and when you look into the mirror, the ghastly ghost riding beside you is replaced with a Covid19 virus. #boo
    With a MAGA hat on my head!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Can you imagine taking the haunted house ride and when you look into the mirror, the ghastly ghost riding beside you is replaced with a Covid19 virus. #boo
    I work for a company that builds chassis's for Disney's new rides. Like we built what you sit in in the one Galaxy's Edge ride. There's a couple of errors that are happening with the code for some of the chassis's in Galaxy's Edge and we've sent the engineers home till June.

I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but we sent our guys home till June. Things can change, but sounds like June is what's getting tossed around from our company.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I work for a company that builds chassis's for Disney's new rides. Like we built what you sit in in the one Galaxy's Edge ride. There's a couple of errors that are happening with the code for some of the chassis's in Galaxy's Edge and we've sent the engineers home till June.

I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but we sent our guys home till June. Things can change, but sounds like June is what's getting tossed around from our company.
    Yeah, I had assumed we were not going, but I figured I'm stubborn and willing to wait a little longer before having to rebook.

Dobber Sports Master

whoo hooo , hot water tank just blew , rookie plumber cant install new til wed earliest next week . my reg plumber that did a 10 k hvac job for me isnt doing tanks til covid is over --thanks buddy

screw you covid 19

Dobber Sports Ninja

What airline?

If it's a US Airline, smart thing to do is NOT cancel and wait for them to cancel the flight. That way they'll have to give you a refund (which they're now deferring out a year if you don't use the credit). If it's a Canadian Airline you're screwed and will have to accept a credit which you'll have to use within a time limit. Our gov sucks.

Either way it's always better to wait till the end and hope they cancel the flight rather than you cancelling on your end. Puts you in a better negotiating position.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What airline?

If it's a US Airline, smart thing to do is NOT cancel and wait for them to cancel the flight. That way they'll have to give you a refund (which they're now deferring out a year if you don't use the credit). If it's a Canadian Airline you're screwed and will have to accept a credit which you'll have to use within a time limit. Our gov sucks.

Either way it's always better to wait till the end and hope they cancel the flight rather than you cancelling on your end. Puts you in a better negotiating position.

Good point actually. It's West Jet.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Good point actually. It's West Jet.
    They will give you a credit and a 2yr time frame if they cancel it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Popular vote doesn't matter. What matters is getting elected. Gerrymandering + voter suppression + electoral college means that elections in the USA are a joke. Republicans have put on an incredible display of how to take over the entire system.

What's going to happen if COVID-19 is roaring along in November with a second wave and people don't want to go out to vote? It could get real ugly.

Seriously, if I believed in Republican policies I'd be over the top excited about what is happening in the USA right now. They are absolutely crushing it with their replacement of judges (at every level, not just the supreme court) as well. I have no idea why any Republican supporter would be upset right now when they are getting everything they want both now and, from how it looks, down the road.
    ?
    I agree with just about everything you posted. It is absolutely disgusting what the GOP does in order to stay in power. Their voter suppression tactics are appalling and they have no shame. The only point I was making with the popular vote was that the majority of Americans DID NOT vote for Trump in 2016 and WILL NOT vote for him in 2020.

I still wouldn't say the GOP are getting everything they want. Trump's divisive rhetoric, his racism and sexism, his lying, and his overall outrageous ways does hurt him with a large number of voters. Trump was the biggest reason why they lost the House in the midterm election. And his base alone is not enough to get him re-elected. If he had settled down over the last year he probably would breeze to a second term. Now it is much more in question even against a mediocre opponent in Biden.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; April 9, 2020 at 7:16 PM. Reason: more detail
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

Just like Trudeau's blackface, this is OK because it is progressive racism.

And that's the good kind.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Rebel "News" LOL

Dobber Sports Ninja

Did this thread really have a 3 day gap in posts? Wow, we must be getting used to this pandemic stuff...

Dobber Sports Sage

Despite the GOP's voter suppression tactics in last week's election, a liberal judge was elected to the Supreme Court in Wisconsin. This is a big deal because Wisconsin is a potential battleground state and the new judge will give the state's Supreme Court a 4-3 majority to the democrats. The democratic Governor of Wisconsin wanted to delay the vote because there is an f'n pandemic but the current conservative Supreme Court voted 4-3 to allow the election to occur. All other states delayed their voting till later this summer.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post

Just like Trudeau's blackface, this is OK because it is progressive racism.

And that's the good kind.
    V on brand post from this account.

I’d say this is the most embarrassing video I’ve seen today, but Tonald Drumpf already posted the most embarrassing video in the history of social media today so here we are.

Dobber Sports Deity

It just blows my mind that Trump can stand up in front of reports and show a video of how good a job he has done during this pandemic when there's over 23,000 of Americans dead from this disease. His narcissism is mind boggling. Why doesn't someone in his administration tell him this is not the time to be grandstanding, campaigning and patting himself on the back. Then to tell reporters he has "total authority" on how and when to re-open the economy is just jaw-dropping and to be completely honest, just wrong. But hey, dont expect Trump to ever say he was wrong about something. Pfft.

Needless to say, it was an interesting press conference for Trump.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Trump had demonstrated that he does have total authority. See his actions related to impeachment.Hes not wrong at all.

November should be interesting.