Page 65 of 132 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

The level of hypocrisy and corruption this man openly advocates is staggering.....
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    The level of hypocrisy and corruption this man openly advocates is staggering.....
    He’s just a mouthpiece for the entire GOP

Dobber Sports Sage

He’s just a mouthpiece for the entire GOP
    I don't think so. Trump had very little Republican party support during the 2016 primary. Many of the party leaders spoke very negatively about him at that time. But now Trump and his base bullies the GOP into defending and supporting him. Overall, the GOP has been gutless and lacking in integrity during Trump's tenure mainly by their silence. The only times they really speak out against him is when he goes to extremes.

It does have to be difficult to be a lifelong Republican with some level of decency and then have Trump come along. They either have to fall in line or resign which many GOP representatives have done.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I don't think so. Trump had very little Republican party support during the 2016 primary. Many of the party leaders spoke very negatively about him at that time. But now Trump and his base bullies the GOP into defending and supporting him. Overall, the GOP has been gutless and lacking in integrity during Trump's tenure mainly by their silence. The only times they really speak out against him is when he goes to extremes.

It does have to be difficult to be a lifelong Republican with some level of decency and then have Trump come along. They either have to fall in line or resign which many GOP representatives have done.
    They might dislike him as an individual but he's giving them everything they want in terms of policy. He's an All Star.

That’s really not true. The entire basis of the American political systems is you don’t “fall in line”. State over party. They “get bullied” either because they don’t have a backbone or they support the messaging.

Dobber Sports Sage

That’s really not true. The entire basis of the American political systems is you don’t “fall in line”. State over party. They “get bullied” either because they don’t have a backbone or they support the messaging.
    The "entire basis of the American political system"..... that doesn't happen. The majority of rank and file GOP and Democratic congressmen vote along party lines. It would be interesting to see statistics comparing presidencies and how wide the gap was in voting between the GOP and Dems. I would wager that it hasn't been since the American Civil War that is has been as split along party lines as it is now
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    They might dislike him as an individual but he's giving them everything they want in terms of policy. He's an All Star.
    Policy- yes but Trump has also hurt the GOP across the country. Since 2016, the GOP has completely lost the suburban vote and several high-profile governorship and congressional races have flipped in red states. The only reason he has a chance at reelection is because of the ridiculous electoral college. He'll lose the popular vote again probably by 5% if not more.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

When did Trudeau declare a National Emergency? I tried searching for it, but I couldn't find it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    When did Trudeau declare a National Emergency? I tried searching for it, but I couldn't find it.
    The better question would be when did Trudeau deny there was a problem? When did he compare it to the common flu? When did he call it a hoax? When did he tell everyone everything was completely under control and the virus was going to disappear "like a miracle"?

The decision to declare a national emergency depends on the severity of the problem in that country. The point they are trying to make in that image is that he downplayed it for months before a complete reversal when he declared the national emergency.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Policy- yes but Trump has also hurt the GOP across the country. Since 2016, the GOP has completely lost the suburban vote and several high-profile governorship and congressional races have flipped in red states. The only reason he has a chance at reelection is because of the ridiculous electoral college. He'll lose the popular vote again probably by 5% if not more.
    Popular vote doesn't matter. What matters is getting elected. Gerrymandering + voter suppression + electoral college means that elections in the USA are a joke. Republicans have put on an incredible display of how to take over the entire system.

What's going to happen if COVID-19 is roaring along in November with a second wave and people don't want to go out to vote? It could get real ugly.

Seriously, if I believed in Republican policies I'd be over the top excited about what is happening in the USA right now. They are absolutely crushing it with their replacement of judges (at every level, not just the supreme court) as well. I have no idea why any Republican supporter would be upset right now when they are getting everything they want both now and, from how it looks, down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    The better question would be when did Trudeau deny there was a problem? When did he compare it to the common flu? When did he call it a hoax? When did he tell everyone everything was completely under control and the virus was going to disappear "like a miracle"?

The decision to declare a national emergency depends on the severity of the problem in that country. The point they are trying to make in that image is that he downplayed it for months before a complete reversal when he declared the national emergency.
    Right, but what about Obama?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Did Trudeau not downplay it and follow Trump's lead up until his wife caught the Virus?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Just to add/clarify - Declaring a state of emergency or not -- doesn't define the state of an issue affecting a province or country in and of itself.

A state of emergency is a proclamation that gives the Premier/Prime Minister/Governor/Mayor/President - what-have-you access to special decision powers & funding .

More than the crisis itself it's a vehicle to access emergency resources without going through all proper political channels - IE: skipping 3 rounds of House votes & research committees & instead being able to call in the Army for assistance (see previous floods in MB, AB - Snow storm in NFLD) - as one example

There's this overarching misnomer out there that declaring or not declaring a state of emergency is the defining point of an individual or government's acknowledgement of a crisis situation.

It's not.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    It's strange to me, that people rely on this type of defense; excusing the person they support and their shitty behaviour on the grounds that other people are shitty too! Ya, my guy sucks, but your guy sucks too!!! Deflection is all too common in politics today and it all seems so junior-high school to me.

I don't think anybody here is saying that Trudeau has handled the Covid-19 situation flawlessly. I am pretty comfortable stating though, that he has handled this situation far better than the shit-show that is Trump, who has mismanaged this thing from the beginning. I don't think anybody is surprised though, he is fragile and narcissistic to an absurd level.

Rylant