Page 60 of 132 FirstFirst ... 10 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 70 110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

MLB has announced a plan that is approved by federal health that could see spring training begin/resume in May.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    On a related note, it is unreal to me that Trump refuses to answer questions that are even the slightest bit critical or pertain to issues that don't paint him in a rosy light, and instead routinely insults the person asking the question. Like seriously, how is that acceptable behaviour for any adult, never mind one in charge of a country?
    Oh it's very defensible behaviour. I don't know how to defend it.. but someone always comes along that can.

If he would just stop the blatant - obvious lies and double speak he might find the press stops haranguing him about his lies
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Whether he actually backed down or not...there is public perception that he backed down... he 'warned' Trump and then went back on his warnings. To use doulos example that Trump is a toddler.... any parent knows that an empty threat just gives the toddler more power over the parent.

And its similar to the protesters we had a month ago... he said it had to stop... but he never did anything to stop it... again.. dealing with toddlers...and every time a toddler gets an inch... they go for another one.

So when dealing with a toddler... if you are not going to stick up to your warning... then its best to just ignore their attitude and they will learn that way.
    Monday Trudeau said this at his morning press conference:

"We have recognized over the past weeks a number of situations in which shipments coming from different countries around the world have been delayed, (or) haven't arrived with as many products as we were hoping to see," Trudeau said. "This continues to be an ongoing problem — specifically with the United States. We are working with them to ensure the orders Canada has placed get delivered. We expect those shipments to come."

Here he calls the US out.

Today we wake up to this article from The Canadian Press
    3M makes deal with White House, says Canada will continue to receive N95 masks
    We can spin it - even admit (without actually ever knowing mind you) that 3M strong-armed Trump into this agreement and the Canadian Gov't sat on the sidelines as spectators and watched as this all went down.
    Who did what does not matter.

In Summary:

Trudeau said it wasn't acceptable.
    Refused to be petty and enforce sanctions and play Trump's games.
    'Someone' spoke Trump-Speak to Trump

and Canada walks with exactly what they needed. - which is all that matters.

Diplomacy wins.

Dobber Sports Master

is it also true or merely speculative that ontario has 55 million n95 masks that have gone past their expiration date but could still be used in worse scenerio ?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    is it also true or merely speculative that ontario has 55 million n95 masks that have gone past their expiration date but could still be used in worse scenerio ?
    This appears to be true:
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6651402/o...plies-expired/

I mean... I use expired salad dressing, tylenol... in a pinch they could haul them out. (this was clearly a joke and I was not seriously suggesting they use expired health products)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    This appears to be true:
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6651402/o...plies-expired/

I mean... I use expired salad dressing, tylenol... in a pinch they could haul them out. (this was clearly a joke and I was not seriously suggesting they use expired health products)
    if they can restock the fresh supply they can always sell the expired ones with a disclaimer to the gen public . I'd imagine an expired n95 does more good than my wifes bandana

Dobber Sports Ninja

and Canada walks with exactly what they needed. - which is all that matters.

Diplomacy wins.
    Yup, pretty much a masterclass on how to make Trump your bitch.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yup, pretty much a masterclass on how to make Trump your bitch.
    I am inclined to believe Trudeau chatted with 3M and asked them to talk to Trump.

Business man to business man can make negotiations go much more smoothly than Politician to business man.
    At least in this present scenario.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not believing Trudeau was the real mastermind that got this done. He does appear smart enough to delegate out authority and talks to people best suited for these things.

I noticed yesterday in a Q&A he was asked his opinion on wearing masks to slow the spread. Whether intentional or not.. it was a clear dig at Trump.
    He bluntly said he's not in position to comment on that. He leaves all those decisions to the experts in that field. The individual health authorities and health ministries. and he doesn't get involved in those decisions.

Meanwhile... in the US. The Chief Economist in the White House is stating publicly he has a PHD as well and can weigh in on the potential of the malaria drug to the same degree of certainty and expertise as Fauci.

Saw a good one....

With all the requests going out to people to come out of retirement, the best two that could come out of retirement are Harper and Obama.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I am inclined to believe Trudeau chatted with 3M and asked them to talk to Trump.

Business man to business man can make negotiations go much more smoothly than Politician to business man.
    At least in this present scenario.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not believing Trudeau was the real mastermind that got this done. He does appear smart enough to delegate out authority and talks to people best suited for these things.

I noticed yesterday in a Q&A he was asked his opinion on wearing masks to slow the spread. Whether intentional or not.. it was a clear dig at Trump.
    He bluntly said he's not in position to comment on that. He leaves all those decisions to the experts in that field. The individual health authorities and health ministries. and he doesn't get involved in those decisions.

Meanwhile... in the US. The Chief Economist in the White House is stating publicly he has a PHD as well and can weigh in on the potential of the malaria drug to the same degree of certainty and expertise as Fauci.
    He knows you don't wrestle with pigs. Getting into a pissing match with Trump is a waste of time, so you end run around him to people that can actually make reasonable decisions and let Trump think he is in charge still. Works perfectly.

I can't stand Trudeau or the Liberals for the most part, but he's been handling this really well.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    He knows you don't wrestle with pigs. Getting into a pissing match with Trump is a waste of time, so you end run around him to people that can actually make reasonable decisions and let Trump think he is in charge still. Works perfectly.

I can't stand Trudeau or the Liberals for the most part, but he's been handling this really well.
    I'm with you on the second part and half with you on the first. heh.

Canada has ended up with everything we wanted/needed from Trump without a single public meltdown or pissing match.
    I can almost handle his bumbling of everything else with the way he's handled Trump in private.

He lets Trump break stories first. Stokes his ego... might give some the impression Canada/Trudeau are/is weak...
    but in reality it's what needs to be done to push forward our foreign policy needs.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Saw a good one....

With all the requests going out to people to come out of retirement, the best two that could come out of retirement are Harper and Obama.
    How would Obama and Trump work together? Can they make this a pay per view if it happens?

How would Obama and Trump work together? Can they make this a pay per view if it happens?
    Replacement Property Rules.

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Replacement Property Rules.
    Not until he shows a birth certificate

Dobber Sports Titan

https://news.3m.com/blog/3m-stories/...al-respirators

Trump is importing 166.5mill respirators over the next 3 months from China and allow 3M to continue to export masks to China.

Well actually, 3M found a way to make everyone happy, instead of the President. 3M is importing 166.5mill respirators (masks that form a seal over the mouth and nose) from 3M's China factories. This allows 3M to continue to export to Canada.

Man, when 3M can figure out a legit solution in like 3 days when the President can't is really annoying.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll