Page 51 of 132 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    My apologies. I probably shouldn't have the '??' at the end of that rant. My example is not a grocery store. It is a souvenir shop and antique store. But like lots of those stores, they have a little ice cream cooler and a drink cooler. So maybe 5-10% of there sales are related to those two coolers... The rest is antiques and souvenirs. But because they have a jug of milk in a cooler they can consider themselves essential and stay open.
    Ya, now thats not right in my eyes.

I cant see many people out and about looking to buy souvenirs at times like this so I cant see them being overly busy anyway.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Yes, i saw this as well.

And there is some country that is using smart phone technology to track all people to determine if they are properly self-isolating. So they are tracking everyone... not just those that have tested positive.
    It was South Korea. They take satellite images, credit card info, phone location, and other tech to determine where you've been.

And in NA there's an app that is in development that's like a crowd share system. You leave your location on on your cell, and opt into giving your location info and it if you get tested for COVID-19 you tell the app, it tells people and businesses that you came into contact with you, and then you tell the app if you're positive or negative after the results are in.

And BTW, in Vancouver there's been cases of ppl tested positive for COVID-19 needing to say where they've been. And people are contacted, but the gas stations and grocery stores aren't.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

You're going to see a real diversity in lengths of lockdowns from state to state. It'll all depend on which Constitutional right that state feels most strongly about.

We all hear about #2 the right to bear arms.

But in Florida Article 1 is always been pretty big as well
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ya, now thats not right in my eyes.

I cant see many people out and about looking to buy souvenirs at times like this so I cant see them being overly busy anyway.
    No... they likely aren't busy. But it shows that if they can stretch the rules of 'essential business' then how many other ones can stretch it? And the more 'non-essential' business that are open result in more people being out there.

I know you want to keep your business open as you want to make the money.... its kind of a double-edge sword though
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You're going to see a real diversity in lengths of lockdowns from state to state. It'll all depend on which Constitutional right that state feels most strongly about.

We all hear about #2 the right to bear arms.

But in Florida Article 1 is always been pretty big as well
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Ya, I have a friend who lives in Kentucky and he's been beating that drum on Facebook for a few days now. I just shake my head at him. As I said to him, this is why the USA is in the peril it's in. People are too worried about their "rights" being taken away. Take a look around folks and learn to adjust.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

There's a balance for sure. I don't think most citizens of democratic countries want a Black Mirror like social credit system like China either. Sure, it might be great during pandemics, but not so good if you don't want to be sent away to a re-education camp for having wrong thoughts about Xi.

On another note, I read articles like this one https://jalopnik.com/the-average-new...use-1842624210 and you can see where consumerism has gotten people. In a pile of trouble.

At least 600 nursing homes in Canada have cases of COVID 19. Wow. That has to be so tough. I can only imagine.

Dobber Sports Jedi

At least 600 nursing homes in Canada have cases of COVID 19. Wow. That has to be so tough. I can only imagine.
    Read yesterday that one in Bobcaygen just lost its 15th resident. 12% of all COVID deaths in Canada at this point come from one nursing home in Bobcaygen - population 3500.

Dobber Sports Titan

Curious if Doug Ford's 1pm speech will have any bite to his bark

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Curious if Doug Ford's 1pm speech will have any bite to his bark
    I can't be the only one that thinks he's really stepped up to the plate as a leader during this. He seems to have dropped all his 'tom-foolery' and is pure business.

Dobber Sports Titan

I can't be the only one that thinks he's really stepped up to the plate as a leader during this. He seems to have dropped all his 'tom-foolery' and is pure business.
    I think he's stepped up, but clearly red-tape is in the way of what he wants to do. Just curious if the whittled down "non-essential" list is going to be more legit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think he's stepped up, but clearly red-tape is in the way of what he wants to do. Just curious if the whittled down "non-essential" list is going to be more legit.
    Let's hope it is and that is sets a precedence for the rest of the provinces.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

For anyone wishing to do some reading on the Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. It's a long read but worth it.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/hyd...rsus-covid-19/

This line sums it up well. " I fear that, when all is said and done, the COVID-19 pandemic will be the single greatest opportunity for grifters and snake oil salesmen I’ve seen in my lifetime. Until a vaccine and/or effective treatment is developed, the grift will continue.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    For anyone wishing to do some reading on the Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. It's a long read but worth it.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/hyd...rsus-covid-19/

This line sums it up well. " I fear that, when all is said and done, the COVID-19 pandemic will be the single greatest opportunity for grifters and snake oil salesmen I’ve seen in my lifetime. Until a vaccine and/or effective treatment is developed, the grift will continue.
    Right? I mean Fauci doesn't believe it's a cure all - miracle drug and he's Trumps guy. He's optimistic it will help.. but he won't go much further than that. I suspect we also haven't seen the end of accidental deaths as people find other rumored solutions to prevent getting COVID.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Right? I mean Fauci doesn't believe it's a cure all - miracle drug and he's Trumps guy. He's optimistic it will help.. but he won't go much further than that. I suspect we also haven't seen the end of accidental deaths as people find other rumored solutions to prevent getting COVID.
    Even optimism that it will help is likely way too optimistic based on the non-evidence thus far. If you have time over a lunch break I'd certainly encourage you to read this article.