Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: The Trump Presidency is Over/The Coronavirus Debacle

Coronavirus is becoming an epidemic. Stupidity, partisanship, and intolerance?? Already there.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Geez. Biden barely completes a sentence, curses at people who challenge him, and is about 30% likely to live out a term.
    Stupidity, partisanship, and intolerance?? Already there.
    Kettle Black Pot?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Genius

The Trump bashing is getting old. I would rather vote for Trump than crazy Sanders or dementia Joe. If the democrats really wanted Trump out they would of put all their efforts into getting a young charismatic candidate. Right now if it was Obama up again, which he can't be but besides the point, I would toss my vote his way with no hesitation. Also, the left criticizes Trump for everything, if something bad happens it's his fault, if somethings going good like unemployment rates or minority job opportunities it's luck or would of happened anyway.

I just can't stand the hypocrisy on that side. Their needs to be balance. Look at Canada are entire country was stalled out because of a few people standing on some rail road tracks, for far to long. Need someone in power that will make real decisions.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    The Trump bashing is getting old. I would rather vote for Trump than crazy Sanders or dementia Joe. If the democrats really wanted Trump out they would of put all their efforts into getting a young charismatic candidate. Right now if it was Obama up again, which he can't be but besides the point, I would toss my vote his way with no hesitation. Also, the left criticizes Trump for everything, if something bad happens it's his fault, if somethings going good like unemployment rates or minority job opportunities it's luck or would of happened anyway.

I just can't stand the hypocrisy on that side. Their needs to be balance. Look at Canada are entire country was stalled out because of a few people standing on some rail road tracks, for far to long. Need someone in power that will make real decisions.
    I would rather vote for a goat than Trump. Nothing can be worse than a mendacious, all-ignorant, vindictive, incompetent, finger-pointing, self-absorbed, self-important character in the Oval office.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Need someone in power that will make real decisions.
    How about someone who takes responsibility for their decisions?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ergency-sketch

This is not what real leadership looks like.

Dobber Sports Icon

Everyone knows where this started and why it spread. The Chinese Gov't's "response" was beyond selfish and foolish.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Chinese are certainly responsible for the outbreak but Trump's actions are not responsible for its fast spread in the U.S. There can be more than one person responsible, you know.

Dobber Sports Stud

partisanship, and intolerance?? Already there.

Kettle Black Pot?

Potentially guilty as charged. But let’s not pretend it’s not both sides, and rampant.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports All-Star

partisanship, and intolerance?? Already there.

Kettle Black Pot?

Potentially guilty as charged. But let’s not pretend it’s not both sides, and rampant.
    Fair enough. This partisan division threatens the fabric of America. Hopefully both sides can use this catastrophe as a reminder of how we all need to work with each other, not against.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Fair enough. This partisan division threatens the fabric of America. Hopefully both sides can use this catastrophe as a reminder of how we all need to work with each other, not against.
    Thank you.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I would rather vote for a goat than Trump. Nothing can be worse than a mendacious, all-ignorant, vindictive, incompetent, finger-pointing, self-absorbed, self-important character in the Oval office.
    Agreed. Democrats are not crazy about Biden and much of his criticism has some merit to it but there is no question who would be more competent as a president. Hell, Biden's speech on the Corona Virus last week was more presedential than anything we have ever seen from Trump. Electability is the #1 criteria for any Democratic nominee which is why Biden has gained so much support over the last couple weeks. When Sanders was leading the race before Super Tuesday, many people started to realize that Sanders could not beat Trump. The leaders of the democratic party stepped in and Buttigieg and Klobachar ended their campaign endorsing Biden which led to a decisive reversal in the race.

Sure, I would love for the Democrats to have a charismatic, youngish candidate that we could rally around. I thought for a while that Beto could be that guy but his campaign never went anywhere. Buttigieg could have been that guy but being gay hurt his chances IMO. I was very impressed with Buttigieg and feel he has a bright future.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Agreed. Democrats are not crazy about Biden and much of his criticism has some merit to it but there is no question who would be more competent as a president. Hell, Biden's speech on the Corona Virus last week was more presedential than anything we have ever seen from Trump. Electability is the #1 criteria for any Democratic nominee which is why Biden has gained so much support over the last couple weeks. When Sanders was leading the race before Super Tuesday, many people started to realize that Sanders could not beat Trump. The leaders of the democratic party stepped in and Buttigieg and Klobachar ended their campaign endorsing Biden which led to a decisive reversal in the race.

Sure, I would love for the Democrats to have a charismatic, youngish candidate that we could rally around. I thought for a while that Beto could be that guy but his campaign never went anywhere. Buttigieg could have been that guy but being gay hurt his chances IMO. I was very impressed with Buttigieg and feel he has a bright future.
    I was super impressed with Buttigieg too and wish someone like him could have a chance. Too bad his sexual orientation will be a deal breaker for many ultra-religious voters (and there are very many of those in the U.S.).
    If people voted for the most competent candidate, it is Buttigieg but unfortunately many are not rational thinkers when it comes to voting.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    https://twitter.com/AmoneyResists/st...350474240?s=20

Dobber Sports Wizard

I hope he meant "heart" figuratively. Even Trump can't be that ignorant of basic anatomy, can he??

Dobber Sports Deity

People didnt vote for Trump (well, I am sure some did), they voted for the Republican party representative. This time it just happened to be Donald Trump. It's just like the impeachment trial. Republicans didn't want to hear all the facts and voted without hearing all the facts simply because they didn't want to lose power. They voted to keep the Republican representative in power.

This is all about party power or partisan politics. Always will be. Every once in a while, a politician will grow a spine and consider what his constituents would want and will go against the party if they disagree, but those are few and far between because it normally means party suicide and will soon find themselves on the outside. To me, that's the biggest thing that's wrong with politics. Too easy to toe the party line vs using your own brain and speaking their own mind.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."