Page 21 of 132 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

The line between Trump-Speak and Double-Speak is blurred...

I guess if you like having to defend your Trump supporting position from three different sides over a course of three days because he continually changes his mind... Smile away.

Ever wonder why the rest of the world cringes half the time he speaks and laughs the other half of the time?

That old saying... walk a mile. If you never change shoes.. things get old fast.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Well, I tried.
    Like I said before, you can only bring horses to water.

Considering these last smug replies to me, all I can say is:
    I'll be smiling, my friends, ear to ear,
    When President Trump is re-elected later this year.
    I know this has been said before... but was it you? or a former member on here

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I know this has been said before... but was it you? or a former member on here

March 23, 2020, 2:39 PM
    Auston'sWilly

Join DateApr 2019Posts529

Rep Power7
    Dobber Sports Apprentice

Re: The Trump Presidency is Over/The Coronavirus Debacle

Originally Posted by GavinC
    Can someone change the title of this thread to "The Coronavirus Debacle"? Seems like the trolls have left, and the adults are having a reasonable discussion. Getting weary of seeing "Trump" in my news feeds. Especially my fantasy hockey news feeds

This is kind of funny, considering the original title itself was obvious trolling. Pretty sure the original creator is still around.
    But whatever. Horse to water, as they say.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Seriously, some in here can't even handle seeing the word "Trump" in their feed. Title had to be changed. Too triggering.

Wouldn't that all by itself be a moment to reflect and think "hey, maybe we Are letting our emotions about Trump cloud our judgment ? "

Dobber Sports Star

Seriously, some in here can't even handle seeing the word "Trump" in their feed. Title had to be changed. Too triggering.

Wouldn't that all by itself be a moment to reflect and think "hey, maybe we Are letting our emotions about Trump cloud our judgment ? "
    It's because 95% of what he says and does is indefensible (from many peoples perspective, at least). It's hard to give credit for the other 5% even when it's due.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    It's because 95% of what he says and does is indefensible (from many peoples perspective, at least). It's hard to give credit for the other 5% even when it's due.

Reflect on that statement of yours for a second, I plead with you > "95% of what he does is indefensible".

If that were true, he would have run the country into the ground prior to the outbreak.
    He didn't. Quite the opposite actually. Over his 3 years in office, the country was doing incredibly well.

Dobber Sports Jedi

#koolaid.

Dobber Sports Padawan

#4MoreYears

Dobber Sports Star

Reflect on that statement of yours for a second, I plead with you > "95% of what he does is indefensible".

If that were true, he would have run the country into the ground prior to the outbreak.
    He didn't. Quite the opposite actually. Over his 3 years in office, the country was doing incredibly well.
    You're conflating the "country" with the "economy".

For crying out loud, can't your side look beyond the almighty economy? How is the wealth gap? How about the health of citizens? How about happiness? Drug-use? Violence? The environmental outlook? There are metrics to determine the wellness of a country beyond the unemployment rate and the price of ****ing Amazon shares. The US isn't even considered to be a top 10 country for quality of life anymore.

In my opinion the country is well on it's way to being run into the ground (far from being all Trumps fault, but he hasn't helped).

Dobber Sports Padawan

Old lady and the hat. Offtopic, apologies, but a good smile/laugh is important in times like this (skip to 50 seconds for the start of the joke/story)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    You're conflating the "country" with the "economy".

For crying out loud, can't your side look beyond the almighty economy? How is the wealth gap? How about the health of citizens? How about happiness? Drug-use? Violence? The environmental outlook? There are metrics to determine the wellness of a country beyond the unemployment rate and the price of ****ing Amazon shares. The US isn't even considered to be a top 10 country for quality of life anymore.

In my opinion the country is well on it's way to being run into the ground (far from being all Trumps fault, but he hasn't helped).

For crying out loud indeed:

The United States ranks at the top in housing . and ranks above the average in income and wealth, health status, jobs and earnings, education and skills, personal security, subjective well-being, environmental quality, social connections, and civic engagement. It ranks below average in work-life balance .
    www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org

Also 14th out of 80 in Quality of Life on this site. https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-li...by_country.jsp
    > Not outstanding, but also not indicative of a President who "95% of what he does is indefensible."

Yeah, what an absolute s***hole the US is !

Dobber Sports Star

For crying out loud indeed:

The United States ranks at the top in housing . and ranks above the average in income and wealth, health status, jobs and earnings, education and skills, personal security, subjective well-being, environmental quality, social connections, and civic engagement. It ranks below average in work-life balance .
    www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org

Also 14th out of 80 in Quality of Life on this site. https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-li...by_country.jsp
    > Not outstanding, but also not indicative of a President who "95% of what he does is indefensible."

Yeah, what an absolute s***hole the US is !

I wonder what Trump would say about being 14th on that list.

I guess you and I have different ways of comparing those things. Compared to a lot of countries, sure the US is a truly great place. Compare it to many other developed countries though, and I think the US does come out looking like an absolute shithole.

Do you want to compare yourself to the worst so you look better, or to the best so you can become better? I find the current state of the country very troubling.

Dobber Sports Jedi

They're also first in imprisonment rates per 100 000.
    Mass shootings per 100 000.
    Gun violence per 100 000 - let's exclude war zones - but even if we include them. America is more deadly than some of those.

They're first in a lot of things

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/h...l/nn2page1.stm

Dobber Sports Ninja

They also have a leader who convinces people that drinking aquarium products would be a good idea.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/arizon...eath-1.5507775

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    They also have a leader who convinces people that drinking aquarium products would be a good idea.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/arizon...eath-1.5507775
    But the economy is strong