Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 127 128 129 130 131 132
Results 1,966 to 1,979 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    This really hit home. So many of my friends that see themselves as tough, rugged Canadians have been reduced to whiny little pussies who do nothing but complain and argue because they aren't getting their way. "I don't wanna golf with the stupid new rules." Okaaayy, see ya later then I guess. A nation full of petulant children who are clearly unaware of how good they've had it their whole lives.
    Isn't this the definition of a "snowflake"??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Getting my first dose Monday!

STICK. IT. IN. MY. VEINS! (or fatty tissue or whatever, I am just excited to be closer to normalcy).
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Titan

I am fine with a lot of these rules. I'm not fine with the inability to have consistent laws/rules and inconsistent enforcement of them.

People in were getting a ticket for doing chin ups in a park alone, with no one else in the park, but over 200 ppl were gathered at a cineplex parking lot for a car meet and they were just dispersed because they didn't want to extend the amount of time people were around each other...even though the "event" was over 2hrs old by the time the cops showed up.

It's a lot of "if you're letting that go, why the hell am I following the rules". And I have to admit I'm getting to that point. Enforce the rules you're telling people to follow. I'm pretty sure CBC had a police officer on saying their department will still stress education over ticketing people who are breaking the rules....WTF. "oh sorry officer, I haven't a clue the rules are, I promise to follow them once I know". And even if that's true (since the rules are REALLY vague), the gov't is to blame for that. I heard the rules are vague on what essential is because someone in Thunder Bay have different "essentials" than someone in Oakville. But that still seems like a need to educate people from the gov't level, not have ppl break the rules until told "no, you can't do that. This is what you do".

It's just a cluster f of confusion and people seeing people breaking rules and getting no punishment.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Also, Ontario Police don't have the power to just pull someone over to enforce stay at home order, they can't just come into your house, or stop you on the street asking why you're out. You also don't need to say why you're out even if you get pulled over or stopped for any legal reason. You just need to properly identify yourself.

That news was released yesterday.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's a lot of "if you're letting that go, why the hell am I following the rules". And I have to admit I'm getting to that point.
    I'd like to think people can follow the rules because it could slow the spread of the coronavirus. I'd like to think they won't need the added disincentive of a fine. How the police do or don't enforce something is secondary to the reason we are doing this at all.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    I'd like to think people can follow the rules because it could slow the spread of the coronavirus. I'd like to think they won't need the added disincentive of a fine. How the police do or don't enforce something is secondary to the reason we are doing this at all.
    10 months of this show a lot of Ontario can't.

I'm not going out, not wearing a mask, licking doorknobs, hosting parties. And I haven't been ridiculous with the rules this whole time. But there's a lot of holes, and little change on strategy on how to curb the issue. Which is tiresome when you hear the change is nothing is changing, just do the thing please.

Really wish they would address LTCH specifically. The rules are so vague that cities are asking if ice skating or tobogganing are allowed because it's an outdoor activity, but has over 5ppl there, but not an organized event, but kind of is. And ppl who ski are also questioning why ski hills were not allowed, but outdoor ice rinks were allowed to be open. And there's little reasons given really, which is just another issue.

People no longer do what they are told without needing to know why. It's how people are now. With the ability to figure everything out themselves, with all the information in the world at their finger tips, explaining the reasoning has to happen otherwise you get people asking "Why this, when I looked up and there's no evidence of what you said". I'm just blabbering on tho, I personally will do my best at following the rules, but man I need to see some reasoning behind these rules, and lack of targeted rules towards the issue areas.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Have to agree with you here (to some degree). I am totally fine doing whatever needs to be done to keep everyone safe. Just make it clear and let me know. There is so much confusion and mixed messaging though, you're right.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarianism

This would be authoritarianism. What you’re acting like a whiny child about is a social contract of looking after collective society. We all have a collective responsibility to look after the well being of not only ourselves, but our friends, family, and neighbours. Or you know, we used to, but then we have people like this.

And I don’t have any earthly idea what you’re talking about, clearly must have been some typically “Comish” petty action you took to try and “get me”, but I couldn’t possibly imagine holding on to some fantasy football thing for two years like you sadly have. You won there, good job I guess.
    No, I'm not acting like a whiny child. I am doing my part, minimizing my outings, always wear my mask, socially distance as much as possible and respect all the rules. I am tired of essentially being isolated in my small apartment, working from home, not going out to visit with friends or going out to eat. I am mentally fatigued from the constant fear messaging on the news. To be honest, the newest Ontario stay at home orders doesn't change what I've been doing since last March, so your attempted insult falls flat. I just want to get something resembling back to life before COVID, so I will continue to follow the rules, but I don't have to be happy about more and more restrictions.

Sorry dude, your attitude in your replies to my posts changed since that little incident, so clearly it still bothers you. For the record, I acknowledged that I shouldn't have made that pick up after I was eliminated. It was a lapse in judgement, but I will swear on a stack of bibles that I had no idea it would affect your team. This was not an attempt to "get you", only an honest mistake where I broke an unwritten rule. In my other fantasy football league, we always put our best rosters up every week right up until Week 16.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    No, I'm not acting like a whiny child. I am doing my part, minimizing my outings, always wear my mask, socially distance as much as possible and respect all the rules. I am tired of essentially being isolated in my small apartment, working from home, not going out to visit with friends or going out to eat. I am mentally fatigued from the constant fear messaging on the news. To be honest, the newest Ontario stay at home orders doesn't change what I've been doing since last March, so your attempted insult falls flat. I just want to get something resembling back to life before COVID, so I will continue to follow the rules, but I don't have to be happy about more and more restrictions.

Sorry dude, your attitude in your replies to my posts changed since that little incident, so clearly it still bothers you. For the record, I acknowledged that I shouldn't have made that pick up after I was eliminated. It was a lapse in judgement, but I will swear on a stack of bibles that I had no idea it would affect your team. This was not an attempt to "get you", only an honest mistake where I broke an unwritten rule. In my other fantasy football league, we always put our best rosters up every week right up until Week 16.
    Again, I don't know what you're talking about.

You wanna whine about some minor inconveniences to your life being authoritarian? You're gonna get called out. Look at all the posts between your last message and this one. Everyone but you agrees.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't think the fact that some people refuse to follow the rules means that everyone should just give up. The coronavirus will still spread and it could hit you no matter what you do, but I'd say just going about your day to day life acting like there's no stay-at-home regulations probably increases your risk of exposure.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Banned

Despite all of the noise being made online about the vaccines, I'm really glad they're finally coming... Another year like 2020 and I may be out of a job, because nobody's going to need a guy insuring stuff like Budapest real estate or picking up stranded travelers if there's nobody around to travel.
    Last edited by horrorfan; March 31, 2021 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Mod: edited out link to website. Not relevant, please don't spam. EDIT again: user put link back in, so banned.

Dobber Sports Titan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va0j_MbVUcQ

Video of a toboggan hill in Oakville Ontario. Crowd of over 50+ people, cops showed up and dispersed the crowd. No tickets were given, cops even gave the kids one last run down the hill.

I don't know what these parents think when they openly break the law with their children and blame the police on it. I do understand that the line at the LCBO or Costco is ridiculous when you can't toboggan, but to blame the police on it and give the police a hard time is wrong.

I admit I don't like the inconsistencies in the rules, it's flat out frustrating sometimes, but I at least don't blame the police on anything. They are just doing their jobs. Blaming the cops on making their daughter cry, not wearing masks outside with tons of people around you, come on. Same people who yell at cops but will ask why it takes more time for them to arrive at your house than a pizza delivery guy.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va0j_MbVUcQ

Video of a toboggan hill in Oakville Ontario. Crowd of over 50+ people, cops showed up and dispersed the crowd. No tickets were given, cops even gave the kids one last run down the hill.

I don't know what these parents think when they openly break the law with their children and blame the police on it. I do understand that the line at the LCBO or Costco is ridiculous when you can't toboggan, but to blame the police on it and give the police a hard time is wrong.

I admit I don't like the inconsistencies in the rules, it's flat out frustrating sometimes, but I at least don't blame the police on anything. They are just doing their jobs. Blaming the cops on making their daughter cry, not wearing masks outside with tons of people around you, come on. Same people who yell at cops but will ask why it takes more time for them to arrive at your house than a pizza delivery guy.

Officers can't win regardless of what side they are dealing with these days. I feel terrible for anyone in uniform dealing with entitled ********
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: The Trump Presidency is Over/The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Geez. Biden barely completes a sentence, curses at people who challenge him, and is about 30% likely to live out a term.

Let’s stick to hockey here.
    You are not wrong... Yet he's still a 100 x better than Trump.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.