Page 129 of 132 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Donald Trump became President because he loves his country and he was sick of watching Democrats destroy it.

Simple as that.

The argument that he did it for money, fame & narcissism is beyond ridiculous.
    He could have had way more fame, and way more money, with far less work & far less stress just by making another television show.

If it wasn't for a corrupt media and a brutal pandemic, both of which beyond his control, he'd go down in history as the best POTUS ever. He still might if he wins a 2nd term. Fingers crossed.
    Would just point out there's really only a pandemic going on in the US right now. It's more or less under control everywhere else.

Dobber Sports Sage

Donald Trump became President because he loves his country and he was sick of watching Democrats destroy it.

No. Trump won the election because many white people were fearful after seeing a black man be president for 8 years. Trump played on these fears and was an attractive choice for the worst that America has to offer. Fox News and the rest of the right wing media further polarized voters and excited Trump's largely rural, uneducated, racist base. The Democrats nominated a relatively unpopular candidate who ran a poor campaign who still ended up winning the popular vote. And Clinton almost won the electoral college if not for a 100,000 or so votes across the Midwest. Any other average Democratic candidate would have won that election. Trump will go down as the worst American president ever. His damage will be felt for decades. In a couple hundred years when historians analyze the decline of United States' dominance, the Trump era will be the turning point.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports All-Star

He could have had way more fame, and way more money, with far less work & far less stress just by making another television show.
    Do you really think Donald Trump was as famous worldwide as a reality TV star? Most countries had never even heard of him. Hell, many people in America did not even know who he was. Today, as the most disastrous and reviled US President in history, he has become a household name in most of the world.

I agree that Trump could have had a much more enjoyable life if he had stayed out of politics and just kept on being the reality TV joke that he was, but that is not Trump's nature. He doesn't know how to enjoy life in a healthy sense. He can't laugh. He can't enjoy and love spending time with his family and children. He can't enjoy nature. Walks, hikes, camping, fishing, looking up at the stars, wishing on a shooting star with one of his children. Nothing real, nothing deep and lasting means anything to Trump. Trump is sick. He has a disease. I actually feel sorry for him as an individual. Trump's only concerns are obsessive self interest, power, prestige and money. He craves positive attention more than a toddler. The numerous times he has lied about his net worth and his use of the alias 'John Miller' to wax poetic about himself are just a few of the many ways Trump reveals the broken man he is.

As a head of one of the most powerful countries in the world, however, he is a danger and a menace and must be called out as such. The fate of America for many decades hangs in the balance.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Star

Simple as that.

If it wasn't for a corrupt media and a brutal pandemic, both of which beyond his control, he'd go down in history as the best POTUS ever. He still might if he wins a 2nd term. Fingers crossed.
    This could be the #1 most unfathomable post I've ever seen on this site. I can't even believe it's possible for a human being not that unlike myself to view these things in this way. My mind is blown.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    This could be the #1 most unfathomable post I've ever seen on this site. I can't even believe it's possible for a human being not that unlike myself to view these things in this way. My mind is blown.
    Well since this thread is derailed again by the Trump virus:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/b...trumps-support

Dobber Sports Titan

Simple as that.

Oh it's the medias fault and the pandemic's fault he never prepared or reacted to it properly.

SmartSelect_20200729-123502_Gallery.jpg
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Pretty sure the USA presidents wage is like $400k/yr? I'm almost positive any president could make more elsewhere. Obama made 3.2mill over 8yrs and donated like 1.2mill of it (donated all of his Nobel prize winnings too in 2009). Kennedy and Hoover donated all their salary (like Trump) because they were independently wealthy (like Trump) however their either sold their businesses or put them in a blind trust, unlike Trump (to his kids).

Pretty sure no president becomes president because of the money. You can argue they do it for AFTER they are president though. Setting up themselves for the future. Trump this month made it much easier for pipelines, factories, powerplants and freeways to be made, putting the environment at risk. Something that would make developers a lot more money.
    You're thinking to simplistically. It's not about the $400k salary you get paid it is about the trillions, yes trillions you have control over. The USA Congress has the "power of the purse" to approve funding but once approved the executive (President) is in charge of all spending, subject only to limits placed by Congress which are typically either: (a) easy to work around while still conforming to (see moving Defence funds earmarked for building schools to construction of the border wall), or, in the case of Trump (b) outright ignored.

Specifically looking at the first major Covid-19 stimulus package that was approved:
    1. The package was worth $2 trillion total.
    2. The funding includes a $500 billion slush fund to be paid out to "investments to or in businesses, states and municipalities damaged by the crisis" which is anybody!
    $500 billion is approximately 4x more than the richest man in the world, Jeff Bezos is worth and we are not talking wealth but distributable cash!
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/coro...lief-plan.html
    3. The package was agreed to by Democrats only after both sides agreed on the Inspector General that would oversee the funding distributions.
    4. Trump promptly fired the IG.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...288_story.html
    5. Trump told Congress he would not provide any oversight to the delivery of $500 billion. Trump has $500 billion he can distribute to his friends and allies, some of the sketchy distributions are starting to come to light.

When dealing with $500billion to distribute it is easy for some, or a lot to be directed to friends and allies, it is even easier when you can fire the 1 person who both sides agreed would oversee the distributions.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

@lawman.

I was just showing how the point of Trump not doing it for the money isn't a valid point at all. Because even on the simple small angle of "well Trump doesn't take a salary, he only ran because of the love of his country" is wrong because every president does that and more but doesn't change things to benefit himself in the future.

Trump has moved things to benefit himself, has taken advantage of the perks of a president, and kept his main businesses being ran by someone close to him.

Honestly I'm reading my post you quoted and my point is muddled up I think. Even now a long day of work has made my head kinda mush...

Dobber Sports Master

was watching a news clip last night and they've trained dogs who I suppose would normally be drug sniffing canines to sniff out the covid19 virus . They ask people to spit into a vessel of some type and the dogs can sniff it out with 95% accuracy .

no idea how this can be good for the dogs health but what do I know

Dobber Sports Deity

US surpasses 150K deaths and no end in sight for relief of the Trump virus. Yikes!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-k/5489494002/

The U.S. surged past 150,000 COVID-19 fatalities Wednesday as states battle a resurgence of the virus with differing attitudes about how to stop the spread.

The bleak milestone, reported by Johns Hopkins, comes on the heels of the U.S. hitting 4 million confirmed infections July 23. The death toll stood at 150,034 as of 4 p.m. EDT on Wednesday.

And there is not much relief in sight. The three most populous states – California, Texas and Florida – were among several that set seven-day records for virus deaths this week. Others set records for new cases. Tennessee and Arkansas set records for both.

Exact models and projections are even more disturbing. A coronavirus forecast cited by the White House now projects more than 220,000 Americans could die of Covid-19 by Nov. 1.

Experts say the increase in cases and deaths is largely because of states easing restrictions and reopening their economies too soon.

“We were not careful and it became like a domino effect,” Dr. Anne Rimoin, epidemiologist and director of UCLA’s COVID-19 Rapid Response Initiative, told USA TODAY.

“Everybody rushed back to normal when what we really needed to be doing was doubling down,” Rimoin said. “We are not doing enough to suppress the spread of the virus."

The U.S. is “knee-deep” in the first wave of the coronavirus pandemic, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, recently said. "And I would say, this would not be considered a wave. It was a surge or a resurgence of infections superimposed upon a baseline."
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    was watching a news clip last night and they've trained dogs who I suppose would normally be drug sniffing canines to sniff out the covid19 virus . They ask people to spit into a vessel of some type and the dogs can sniff it out with 95% accuracy .

no idea how this can be good for the dogs health but what do I know
    That's so messed up that a dog can do that lol. Apparently they can detect malaria too already. I knew about cancer, but I thought it was more like they could sense it physically, and how an owner looked, but turns out they can detect the cancer virus itself.

Dogs are honestly so cool. Here's the article on the dogs thing. https://globalnews.ca/news/7224924/c...er-dogs-study/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Can someone change the title of this thread to "The Trump Virus Pandemic"?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    Can someone change the title of this thread to "The Trump Virus Pandemic"?
    Its been titled everything under the sun... its went the full circle... so its probably gonna stick with what it is now..
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Trump interviewing himself is glorious LOL!

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am glad that hockey is back and this thread has taken a back seat!