Page 126 of 132 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Facebook is Republican in the States? Its definitely not up in Canada!
    I guess that depends on who your friends are and what they post/share. I have plenty of Liberal/Democrat haters on my friends list, but I have just as many who hate the GOP and Conservatives. I have a good mix but to be honest, it gets old really quick. I have muted my fair share on both sides when they get out hand. I also have no issues calling any of them out if they share a meme that is non-factual or doesn't have the full story. God knows that happens on Facebook more often than not. Political memes are the WORST!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Oh I took the FB thing as they choose not to fact check Trump right? Wasn't there a whole thing over that?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I guess that depends on who your friends are and what they post/share. I have plenty of Liberal/Democrat haters on my friends list, but I have just as many who hate the GOP and Conservatives. I have a good mix but to be honest, it gets old really quick. I have muted my fair share on both sides when they get out hand. I also have no issues calling any of them out if they share a meme that is non-factual or doesn't have the full story. God knows that happens on Facebook more often than not. Political memes are the WORST!
    I have a Facebook account which gets used basically as a Messenger, a way to follow a few user groups (for hiking etc), and for looking at photos that my wife says I might find interesting.

The rest of the feed has been entirely shut down. It seems to work well.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Oh I took the FB thing as they choose not to fact check Trump right? Wasn't there a whole thing over that?
    There is certainly an ongoing thing. Facebook employees have quit over the content FB allows Trump to disseminate, and there have been company-wide protests.

That's the thing about FB, they don't create the content, but if they allow politicians or third parties to distribute misinformation or misleading/doctored videos etc. they are essentially complicit in the resulting outcomes. This obviously applies to the entire political spectrum, but the most egregious examples are coming from a particular individual/party. There was the whole Cambridge Analytica thing too.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Facebook is Republican in the States? Its definitely not up in Canada!
    Facebook is "Republican" if your contacts are and/or advertisers have reasons to think you as a Facebook user are Republican (or could become one) and vice versa. Advertisers "microtarget" their content to specific facebook users, and often when it works, false and misleading info from targeted ads is then shared with contacts organically or by bots. It has been a huge issue in terms of "fake news" in the last 5 years or so, where people begin to believe and share things that have no basis in reality

Your own facebook experience may be very different. I don't get any of this "George Soros and Obama bankrolling antifa" stuff myself, likely because I and my contacts don't fit the particular profile those ads are being targeted towards. Your own facebook tends to reflect whatever your own contacts, groups, and content are, so if its liberal to you, you may have a lot of liberal-leaning contacts. I do. And there are misleading ads targeting liberal users too.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Deity

Today, 25 June......

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...20293517803525

New U.S. coronavirus cases reach the highest daily total with 36,358 new ones today, according to the latest @NBCNews count.

how's the warmer temps working out for you Donald in curing the disease? Not to mention the discipline needed to get rid of this disease.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...28755248828416

Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days. Nothing is easy, but...
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...28756456808448

....he will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone. Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!

As most countries are flattening the curve, the USA is trending the wrong way. Not to mention, they are still dealing with the initial wave. They haven't even had the second wave yet. You cant have a second wave if you havent got rid of the first one yet.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

If only we could have seen this coming...

Dobber Sports All-Star

At this point Trump is just ignoring the pandemic and concentrating on his bid for re-election. What a cluster F@#!. So utterly devastating to have a man like Trump in charge.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

This is an excellent and very comprehensive timeline of Canada’s response to COVID-19. It’s important to read to the end.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...vernments-and/

Dobber Sports Deity

Trump is warming up to the idea of wearing a mask. Too bad he's too dumb to understand the point of wearing it.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...hat-2020-07-01

“Actually, I had a mask on. I sort of liked the way I looked, OK? I thought it was OK,” Trump told Fox Business. “It was a dark, black mask, and I thought it looked OK. Looked like the Lone Ranger. But, no, I have no problem with that. I think — and if people feel good about it, they should do it.”
    Someone needs to tell him the mask is supposed to cover his mouth and nose, not his upper face LOL!

fa4894a852a941c4a130bf7deb02856b_md.jpg

That aint gonna help ya with the COVID Donald but it sure if fun watching you try LOL!

Dobber Sports Titan

Massive spikes again across the USA.

USA quietly buying up all the stock piles of a possible vaccine too. To the point where the rest of the world can't get any till after September. (sorry not a vaccine, but a treatment drug)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53254487

Dobber Sports Sage

Was just at the grocery store and many people were buying party food. Our numbers have gone down dramatically here in Chicago but we'll see another spike after this holiday weekend. Just blows my mind how little people are paying attention and how reckless they are.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Massive spikes again across the USA.

USA quietly buying up all the stock piles of a possible vaccine too. To the point where the rest of the world can't get any till after September. (sorry not a vaccine, but a treatment drug)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53254487
    something like between 2-3,000$ per treatment too . hope you have health insurance .

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    something like between 2-3,000$ per treatment too . hope you have health insurance .
    USD too. So 2,700usd - 4,100usd...

And yeah like Daydream said, you'll see more spikes after this weekend. Ontario beach cities have reclosed beaches (or talked about it) because after this week (Canada day + hot weather) made beaches insane.

Dobber Sports Deity

Was it here that I was reading that the cost to do a test is something like $900 and if you dont have insurance and dont have the money, they arent even testing them? They are just turning them away?