Page 122 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

That 43% stat is just testing positive. But we all know by now the possible spreading effects COVID-19 possesses. So yes those 20 yr olds are likely ok (right now), but it was the 7 days they moved around without showing symptoms possibly spreading it to people who could get sick.

The next is imagine your 22yr old kid catching it and giving it to you, and you go to work. Could spread around your work putting your work behind in re-opening by months.

But the fans in the stands thing is crazy. Even if I was given the opportunity to go to a Leaf game for $100, I don't think I take it until vaccines are as easily distributed as flu shots. So when ppl keep saying, "Omg, restaurants open up patios this weekend!" my typical response is, "Yeah, but do you actually want to go yet?" Most people I ask is, "No you're right, I wouldn't want to go right now".
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Texas is reporting a record number of hospitalizations currently, so of course they are looking at opening things up more.

Dobber Sports Ace

Meanwhile New Zealand has effectively eliminated COVID through early and aggressive public health measures.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...9-restrictions

They have 0 cases, sporting events will resume. The contrast is pretty striking.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Not from my medical expertise - but just a question: If there’s NOT a big spike in coronavirus cases by next week, after the protests and riots, then can we say that the social distancing has been proven to be less necessary than we all thought?
    No I don't think so. It IS spiking right now, and it's important to remember the riots aren't the only culprit here. We have been seeing people protest social distancing itself, too, and the lack of access to haircuts etc. A lot of states having been easing restrictions for weeks already too and people have been taking risks they probably shouldn't have. And this isn't just in the US -- there have been spikes in a lot of countries worldwide once restrictions were eased -- India, Russia, Brazil etc. In my own opinion the evidence seems pretty overwhelming that social distancing, partial shutdowns, and lockdowns all worked to slow the spread of COVID and keep it far more manageable.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Titan

BC is lifting the 50% rule on restaurants because they've gone 6 days without a death

Ontario has another new low of positive cases in 11 weeks I htink (203 new cases, 158 on March 28th, and that number is probably hire due to lack of testing at that time).

Ontario did like 24,000+ tests yesterday.

With the amount of data now, it's kinda cool seeing the rates of infection. Ontario's positive case percentage i something around 3.44%. Females are infected at a 54.68% compared to males. People under 40yrs old have an infected rate of around 34% (off memory). Kinda cool seeing this now. Lines up with the original thoughts of 3-4% infection rate, infects females more, and 40+ is at more risk. However this is prior to testing EVERYONE. I'm 29 and I haven't been tested. But hey whatever.

Dobber Sports Titan

Hamilton, Halton and other areas of Ontario outside of Toronto and windsor are moving to phase 2.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wasn't Texas looking to open things up a bit? I don't know, I can't keep track down in the US.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet·
    3h
    Several #Cowboys players & several #Texans players have tested positive for COVID-19 recently, sources tell me & @TomPelissero
    . None of the players are believed to have been in their team facilities. The teams followed proper health protocols.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Wasn't Texas looking to open things up a bit? I don't know, I can't keep track down in the US.

Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet·
    3h
    Several #Cowboys players & several #Texans players have tested positive for COVID-19 recently, sources tell me & @TomPelissero
    . None of the players are believed to have been in their team facilities. The teams followed proper health protocols.
    It's very hard to stay on top of. According to the NY Times yesterday, there are spikes in Florida, Texas and Arizona. But not in Georgia (which also opened early). I have the feeling there is still a lot we don't know about covid. And probably a lot of inconsistencies about how data is collected and categorized. Although that last part is just speculation, I haven't read it anywhere....

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    It's very hard to stay on top of. According to the NY Times yesterday, there are spikes in Florida, Texas and Arizona. But not in Georgia (which also opened early). I have the feeling there is still a lot we don't know about covid. And probably a lot of inconsistencies about how data is collected and categorized. Although that last part is just speculation, I haven't read it anywhere....
    I have heard this as well... but its impossible to provbe with all the biases out there. I have heard that the differences in reporting between Republican and Democratic states significant... go figure right?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Florida just coincidentally has a massive spike in pneumonia cases, but at least covid19 is under control right?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Florida just coincidentally has a massive spike in pneumonia cases, but at least covid19 is under control right?
    I got told I had pneumonia in January... I wonder if it was actually COVID19.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I got told I had pneumonia in January... I wonder if it was actually COVID19.
    Pneeumonia too? I know the flu deaths were 5x the normal amounts.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Pneeumonia too? I know the flu deaths were 5x the normal amounts.
    Funny, I read the other day they started censoring COVID data in Florida.. Gotta make those numbers add up somehow I guess.

Dobber Sports Titan

Florida was fudging the numbers before, then this new employee started and wouldn't. She was told to fudge the numbers and refused and she was fired.

Florida isn't/wasn't adding in "presumed" cases (elderly ppl who die from the symptoms but don't get the test because they didn't have enough) or people who were hospitalized with pneumonia but weren't bad enough to get a test. Florida was bad at that.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Unfortunately until the USA gets it's act together in regards to this pandemic, we have cancelled any future travel plans there. We had a Disney trip planned for once things opened up, and at first felt pretty comfortable heading down there once Disney was open, but we've already made other plans to redirect those travel credits with Air Canada elsewhere now that we have seen the completely inept leadership and response.