Page 66 of 132 FirstFirst ... 16 56 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 76 116 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    The better question would be when did Trudeau deny there was a problem? When did he compare it to the common flu? When did he call it a hoax? When did he tell everyone everything was completely under control and the virus was going to disappear "like a miracle"?

The decision to declare a national emergency depends on the severity of the problem in that country. The point they are trying to make in that image is that he downplayed it for months before a complete reversal when he declared the national emergency.

Exactly. The two leaders are not even in the same realm. Trudeau bashers can try to make comparisons all they want, but they are grasping. Trump and his administration failed utterly. This is what happens when you give a billionaire narcissistic game show host the highest job in the land. It was just a matter of time before this failed experiment went sideways.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ninja

Alright fortune tellers. Chances Disneyland will be open by the third week of May?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Alright fortune tellers. Chances Disneyland will be open by the third week of May?
    I asked my magic 8 ball and it came up with this:

Outlook not so good.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports All-Star

If it were up to Trump, yes. But, since Trump has been handcuffed recently to follow "scientific opinion", the odds are less than zero.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Jedi

Disney World = Florida = 40% -- They want to open the state up as soon as possible. The Better question - what chances on getting COVID are you willing to take? Open & Safe are not the same thing.

Disney Land = California = 0%

- - - Updated - - -

We were planning Disneyland in October...

We're not going.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    If it were up to Trump, yes. But, since Trump has been handcuffed recently to follow "scientific opinion", the odds are less than zero.
    I had it at about 1% since California has had a stellar response to this on the state level. But, yeah, very little chance. Have not cancelled it yet though since there really is no need to. Just in case!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Disney Land = Florida = 40% -- They want to open the state up as soon as possible. The Better question - what chances on getting COVID are you willing to take? Open & Safe are not the same thing.

Disney World = California = 0%

- - - Updated - - -

We were planning Disneyland in October...

We're not going.
    Disneyland is California. October might be ok unless things come roaring back in the fall again (good chance)

Dobber Sports Jedi

I had it at about 1% since California has had a stellar response to this on the state level. But, yeah, very little chance. Have not cancelled it yet though since there really is no need to. Just in case!

- - - Updated - - -

Disneyland is California. October might be ok unless things come roaring back in the fall again (good chance)
    right... my bad - FIXED. We're postponing for a full year. and re-evaluating then.

I was planning a trip to NS to visit family in August. That's up in the air. Who the f--- wants to fly right now?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    right... my bad - FIXED. We're postponing for a full year. and re-evaluating then.

I was planning a trip to NS to visit family in August. That's up in the air. Who the f--- wants to fly right now?
    I'd fly right now if health professionals were ok with it. I'm not actually worried about much and figure I'll take all of my advice from people way smarter than myself. As soon as they say it's good, I'll go. If we get really lucky there might be a month window this summer where that's a possibility before things get locked down again.

Though really who knows how it will all shake down.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nobody's flying for a long time... or going to any live crowded events. Even if it the "experts" (who for months said masks don't help but are now backtracking faster MJ doing the moonwalk) say its ok.

Consumer behaviour will be changed for a long time coming out of this... come changes I expect will be permanent and some industries will be altered.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Nobody's flying for a long time... or going to any live crowded events. Even if it the "experts" (who for months said masks don't help but are now backtracking faster MJ doing the moonwalk) say its ok.
    Plenty of people will be flying all over the place as soon as they're allowed.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It will be nowhere near pre-covid.

Dobber Sports Star

It will be nowhere near pre-covid.
    Agreed

Dobber Sports Ninja

Consumer behaviour will be changed for a long time coming out of this... come changes I expect will be permanent and some industries will be altered.
    The real experts. Not the politicians. Once they give the go ahead I'm fine with it and will resume. There are tons of people like me who feel the same way.

Dobber Sports Ace

Even if it the "experts" (who for months said masks don't help but are now backtracking faster MJ.
    Infectious disease experts have always said that masks can prevent spreading the disease to others if you have it, but do little to prevent the wearer from getting it. That hasn't changed. Previously the recommendation was not to wear masks because there are severe shortages for health care professionals. What has changed is that things have gotten desperate in the US and they are trying to throw everything they can at it, even if there still aren't enough masks to go around.

Dobber Sports Genius

Can you imagine taking the haunted house ride and when you look into the mirror, the ghastly ghost riding beside you is replaced with a Covid19 virus. #boo
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.