Page 127 of 132 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Was it here that I was reading that the cost to do a test is something like $900 and if you dont have insurance and dont have the money, they arent even testing them? They are just turning them away?
    Omg, no wonder why it's spreading so quickly too. Between systemically poor regions having a heightened risk of contracting the virus, now people without money or insurance can't even get tested. They don't go to the hospital with mild symptoms because it leaves people in crippling debt, so it gets worse, and they spread it to more people.

It's a cluster F in the states.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Omg, no wonder why it's spreading so quickly too. Between systemically poor regions having a heightened risk of contracting the virus, now people without money or insurance can't even get tested. They don't go to the hospital with mild symptoms because it leaves people in crippling debt, so it gets worse, and they spread it to more people.

whats really scary is the numbers we see are the known cases. How many are out there infected that we dont know about because they arent showing up as a positive test.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

I can't imagine trying to navigate the private health care system in the US during a pandemic. If you are poor you are just straight up screwed (this has always been the case), but even people who previously had insurance through their employer may not now if they are out of work. I read somewhere millions have lost their health insurance during the pandemic. It's really sad that the people who need help the most won't get it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Right wing populist leader karma...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...xI0?li=AAggNb9

First Boris Johnston, now Bolsonaro, Trump- you are next!

Dobber Sports Titan

FDA has said hydroxychloroquine isn't a valid treatment for COVID-19. Twitter deleted and/or put the disclaimer on Trump and Trump Jrs tweets about hydroxychloroquine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ation-twitter/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Officially "valid" or not, there are a lot of doctors who claim to have used hcq successfully(in conjunction with zinc & azithromycin) in treating people.
    I don't see a motivation for them to lie.
    But I definitely see plenty of motivation for opponents to lie about it. 1) Money. 2) Trump.
    Those are 2 pretty huge reasons. So something sure smells fishy.

Regardless, of which side is right about that debate, I'm more interested in Twitter and other SM sites selectively deleting content.
    I think "platforms" should let people decide for themselves what's credible and what isn't.
    That Doctor who called hcq a "Cure" in that viral video yesterday is clearly a little bit off her rocker. Doesn't make her wrong, necessarily, but I wouldn't take her alone at face value. Although the fishy thing about it is many other doctors were with her in Washington to send the same message.

I sometimes don't know who to believe on social media, and it's very frustrating.

Dobber Sports Titan

Back when Trump was randomly pushing this drug, I saw somewhere he by some connections actually had stock/owned/involved with the company that makes it. Which was a possible reason why he was pushing this drug out of nowhere. Now it's like he knows a guy who knows a guy that manages money for a company Trump owns which that person is a CEO/board member of the company. The fact it hasn't been a big CNN thing, I don't know the truth behind it, or maybe they can't touch that subject.

But someone is making money off of it, and doctors do get incentives to push a drug. Likely happening here. And the ones who say "don't use it" are not saying, "Don't use it, use this drug that I'm getting paid to use", so I'm still thinking the ones that say use it are either saying to use it because of money, or they personally haven't come across the possible heart issues that could accompany hydrochloro.

I fully have 0 trust with drugs being pushed with little knowledge of what it is. Doctors get paid to use certain drugs over others. I personally don't like that. DISCLAIMER----I'm not saying drugs should never be used, I need medication, I just dislike how one brand pays their way to a doctors recommendation.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

America rejecting accepted science because they feel like it really is the most American thing of all time.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Officially "valid" or not, there are a lot of doctors who claim to have used hcq successfully(in conjunction with zinc & azithromycin) in treating people.
    I don't see a motivation for them to lie.
    But I definitely see plenty of motivation for opponents to lie about it. 1) Money. 2) Trump.

Those are 2 pretty huge reasons. So something sure smells fishy.

Regardless, of which side is right about that debate, I'm more interested in Twitter and other SM sites selectively deleting content.
    I think "platforms" should let people decide for themselves what's credible and what isn't.
    That Doctor who called hcq a "Cure" in that viral video yesterday is clearly a little bit off her rocker. Doesn't make her wrong, necessarily, but I wouldn't take her alone at face value. Although the fishy thing about it is many other doctors were with her in Washington to send the same message.

I sometimes don't know who to believe on social media, and it's very frustrating.
    Here are some reasons doctors might lie in favor of it: 1) Money. 2) Trump.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Here are some reasons doctors might lie in favor of it: 1) Money. 2) Trump.
    Unlike other proposed treatments, like remdesivir, hcq is cheap. So there goes the Money argument.
    POTUS has no significant financial stake in hcq doing well. So there goes the Trump argument.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hi. Doctor here. There’s just as many reasons we’d tell the truth. Lives. We don’t like losing. And HCQ is cheap, so no $$ conflict. And I met Anthony Fauci at a 1989 talk when he said he was the point person in developing a vaccine for AIDS. Asked for investors. Oh, yeah... money.

Stick to what you know.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Hi. Doctor here. There’s just as many reasons we’d tell the truth. Lives. We don’t like losing. And HCQ is cheap, so no $$ conflict. And I met Anthony Fauci at a 1989 talk when he said he was the point person in developing a vaccine for AIDS. Asked for investors. Oh, yeah... money.

Stick to what you know.
    Let me guess. A naturopathic "doctor"

Dobber Sports Jedi

Good to see that I haven't missed anything in being away almost completely for the last two months. It's like I didn't miss 40 pages of posts.

I'm going to step out before I get pulled into this merry-go-round tornado.

I got my 500 posts and the Fluff Cup.
    This thread served its purpose for me.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Welcome back. Did you hear they changed the name of it to the Yankee flu?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Welcome back. Did you hear they changed the name of it to the Yankee flu?
    Its actually the Marlins that got the outbreak not the Yankees.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​