Page 22 of 132 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

The most violent cities in the US are run by Democrats. Dominated by Democrats for decades, actually.

So, it's pretty funny when the left tries to cite violence in the US as some kind of blemish against Trump.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    The most violent cities in the US are run by Democrats. Dominated by Democrats for decades, actually.

So, it's pretty funny when the left tries to cite violence in the US as some kind of blemish against Trump.
    now who's twisting words? I only stated where they are ranked. Just as you did.
    You're the one defending Trump when he wasn't mentioned.
    Gun violence & imprisonment rates are long-standing issues in the States that pre-date Trump.

he's just done nothing to change any of it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    They also have a leader who convinces people that drinking aquarium products would be a good idea.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/arizon...eath-1.5507775
    Another completely false statement. You should apply to CNN too.
    It is stunning to me the kind of garbage that people recirculate.
    True: Trump was & is hopeful about that treatment.
    True: At no point did he "convince people to drink aquarium products." He said it (chloroquine) might work. He said it might not. Again, he's being strong and positive and hopeful. Blaming the President for the stupidity and desperation of that couple is sinking to a new level of low.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Another completely false statement. You should apply to CNN too.
    It is stunning to me the kind of garbage that people recirculate.
    True: Trump was & is hopeful about that treatment.
    True: At no point did he "convince people to drink aquarium products." He said it (chloroquine) might work. He said it might not. Again, he's being strong and positive and hopeful. Blaming the President for the stupidity and desperation of that couple is sinking to a new level of low.
    No.. he said this:
    CSPAN

@cspan

·
    Mar 19
    President Trump on Hydroxychloroquine: "It's been around for a long time, so we know if things don't go as planned it's not going to kill anybody...It's shown very, very encouraging early results, and we're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately."

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/124...a-took-died%2F

So sure he didn't twist arms... BUT.. he essentially has called it a cure and that millions of units have already been ordered - I can find those quotes or tweets too if they escape your memory.

You know some democrats will eat left wing stuff up and believe headlines... the reality is... some republicans will as well - and neither will go further than the headline.

This is why having the best words is actually important. Off handed comments will be taken as gospel by some. IE: this individual in Texas.

There have been Nigerians overdose on the malaria drug made of chloroquine as well.

The irony is you tout all Trumps words as truth... yet deny him any responsibility when speaks of this drug being a cure. Again. #koolaid

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is precisely why the things that leaders say must be held to account. Because people are listening. Unfortunately when you have someone who has no critical thinking skills listening to someone else with no critical thinking skills, you get a dead person.

Dobber Sports Padawan

President Trump was/is hopeful for hydroxychloroquine.

That couple got it confused with chloroquine phosphate.

TDS is spiking like crazy in here.

#Trump2020

Dobber Sports Jedi

President Trump was/is hopeful for hydroxychloroquine.

That couple got it confused with chloroquine phosphate.

TDS is spiking like crazy in here.

#Trump2020
    and that's fine. He should have said that and stopped there.
    Not called it a potential cure or that he has millions on order.
    When the scientific & medical community are saying trials will take 12-18mths for ANY vaccine - going beyond stating he's hopeful was irresponsible.

Dobber Sports Jedi

India with a population over 1 billion has just over 600 cases so far.
    The entire country is on lockdown with..

"One chief minister, in Telangana State, in the center of the country, threatened to issue “shoot on sight” orders if people did not take the lockdown seriously." http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/...e=BB11GYDT_1|2

Yet the US with 63 000 confirmed cases and growing over 10 000 per day for the last two days and 8 000 the day before wants to go back to work. in 2 1/2 weeks.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I actually think Trump will get a second term to be honest. Democrats picked another total disaster for a nominee and the USA IS full of Trump loving people. That's who the USA is.

Dobber Sports Star

First of all, did anybody cite violence as a blemish against Trump? I didn't think so. It's a blemish against the country.

Second of all, what a pristine Trump-like think to say: "The most violent cities in the US are run by Democrats. Dominated by Democrats for decades, actually": The USA is great, but the parts that aren't great are that way because of the democrats. The other parts are great. Terrific, actually.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    India with a population over 1 billion has just over 600 cases so far.
    The entire country is on lockdown with..

"One chief minister, in Telangana State, in the center of the country, threatened to issue “shoot on sight” orders if people did not take the lockdown seriously." http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/...e=BB11GYDT_1|2

Yet the US with 63 000 confirmed cases and growing over 10 000 per day for the last two days and 8 000 the day before wants to go back to work. in 2 1/2 weeks.
    India has 1200 people per square mile.
    The US has 94.

And just to clarify again, President Trump is only talking about specific sections of the country going back to work. NOT New York, for example. He acknowledged New York will not be getting back to work any time soon.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

India has 1200 people per square mile.
    The US has 94.

And just to clarify again, President Trump is only talking about specific sections of the country going back to work. NOT New York, for example. He acknowledged New York will not be getting back to work any time soon.
    Where you from bud? Yank or Canuck?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Star

I agree that the India comparison is a bad one. Who knows how many cases/deaths they actually have.

On another note, don't you think it's a little heavy-handed and cult-ish to refer to him constantly as "President Trump"? We know he's the president...

Dobber Sports Immortal

I actually avoided the news and the numbers for a couple days and boy did it suck seeing how Canada has basically tripled since the weekend.

Dobber Sports Titan

Trump would say, "the sky is not falling" while it is and when confronted on it, he'd say, "I didn't say what sky. The blue koolaid sky with chicken nugget clouds in my mind isn't falling".

I've come to believe he's a bully. And when it comes to a CEO, or anyone running their own business you need that. But a country isn't a business, and that's how Trump is running it. He wants people back to work early to save his business, not to save it's "employees". And because (personal opinion) that's all he's done for America is to boost the numbers in the economy quickly, it's not built to handle this and will fall apart real quick. And when the one thing he promised doesn't happen at the end of the 4yrs, he'll blame "the invisible enemy".

---EDIT---
    I found this after what I wrote above
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll