Page 52 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Even optimism that it will help is likely way too optimistic based on the non-evidence thus far. If you have time over a lunch break I'd certainly encourage you to read this article.
    I don't need to read the article. The optimism isn't my opinion it was Fauci's. I've posted my thoughts on it already. The article won't change that.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I don't need to read the article. The optimism isn't my opinion it was Fauci's. I've posted my thoughts on it already. The article won't change that.
    I'm not aware of Fauci's position, or yours, on this to be honest. I am only stating that optimism appears to be misguided. I was only encouraging you if you feel like you'd like to do a deep dive on the issue as this particular article goes into a really good look into it. The choice is of course yours.

Dobber Sports Titan

Doug Ford beefing up Mental Support programs. Considering suicide rates in Canada jumped 1% since January (heard it on the Canada Talk Surius XM Station), this is a strong move.

D.Ford said he wants everyone in Ontario to receive the same Info as he has, so his medical team will be providing an update tmo.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm not aware of Fauci's position, or yours, on this to be honest. I am only stating that optimism appears to be misguided. I was only encouraging you if you feel like you'd like to do a deep dive on the issue as this particular article goes into a really good look into it. The choice is of course yours.
    looking into Fauci is worth while - he's not a Trump - yes man. Arguably the only reason Trump extended to end of April..

I think if you go back and read a couple of my earlier posts over the past couple of days - you'll see I've got a very open, realistic viewpoint on what's going on.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    looking into Fauci is worth while - he's not a Trump - yes man. Arguably the only reason Trump extended to end of April..

I think if you go back and read a couple of my earlier posts over the past couple of days - you'll see I've got a very open, realistic viewpoint on what's going on.
    Fauci is definitely not a "yes man" to anybody and now needs a security detail because some lunatics are making death threats:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/top-u-s...ease-1.4879001

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Fauci is definitely not a "yes man" to anybody and now needs a security detail because some lunatics are making death threats:

One would assume the threats are coming from the far right because there are websites also posing him a Democratic plant to destroy the economy, undermine Trump and push forward a far left agenda.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post

Not surprising, but still sad.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'll try something a little different today. One con for President Trump and one con for the media. Then back to looking for more positives, like treatments and signs of a curve flattening.

> President Trump really shouldn't be publicly blasting companies like GM who are trying to help. I strongly suspect they are scrambling and working as quickly as they can to get production and distribution completed asap. But, as is well known, Mr. Trump is impatient and hasty with his Twitter fingers.

> The media really shouldn't be cutting away from the pillow man just because they don't like his bible thumping. The guy altered 80% of his manufacturing capacity to churn out 50,000 masks a day instead of pillows and CNN cuts away from that story? What the heck ever happened to just reporting the news without any spin or filter?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

For anyone wishing to do some reading on the Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. It's a long read but worth it.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/hyd...rsus-covid-19/

This line sums it up well. " I fear that, when all is said and done, the COVID-19 pandemic will be the single greatest opportunity for grifters and snake oil salesmen I’ve seen in my lifetime. Until a vaccine and/or effective treatment is developed, the grift will continue.
    Even optimism that it will help is likely way too optimistic based on the non-evidence thus far. If you have time over a lunch break I'd certainly encourage you to read this article.
    This is all absolutely correct, but you have to take small wins when you get them.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I'll try something a little different today. One con for President Trump and one con for the media. Then back to looking for more positives, like treatments and signs of a curve flattening.

> President Trump really shouldn't be publicly blasting companies like GM who are trying to help. I strongly suspect they are scrambling and working as quickly as they can to get production and distribution completed asap. But, as is well known, Mr. Trump is impatient and hasty with his Twitter fingers.

> The media really shouldn't be cutting away from the pillow man just because they don't like his bible thumping. The guy altered 80% of his manufacturing capacity to churn out 50,000 masks a day instead of pillows and CNN cuts away from that story? What the heck ever happened to just reporting the news without any spin or filter?
    I appreciate the 2-sided approach.

As for the pillow guy, it's awesome that he's helping but helping shouldn't just get you the right to airtime to try to spread your own personal ideology. If he was preaching a different religion would you still take this position?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ouch 6.6 Million people filing for unemployment. I am hoping that they can all find comfort in something during these difficult times!

As Dave Ramsey says... protect the four walls!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/econo...rus/index.html

Administrator

I'm in employment limbo at the moment. It's just weird having all of the parameters change so often.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is why I have very little pity for what is happening in the USA right now.

http://www.rfi.fr/en/europe/20200402...ance-stolen-us

https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronav...s-gowns-gloves

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I appreciate the 2-sided approach.

As for the pillow guy, it's awesome that he's helping but helping shouldn't just get you the right to airtime to try to spread your own personal ideology. If he was preaching a different religion would you still take this position?
    Yes, of course. I might find it odd, as would a large majority of Americans, but my position would still be simply to commend him for helping the way he's helping.
    And cutting away because of his religious remarks is filtering legitimate news. That's not reporting and they claim they are legitimate news reporters.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm in employment limbo at the moment. It's just weird having all of the parameters change so often.
    I feel for ya man! The governement needs to lay out the full plan and stop giving us pieces at a time. It is very hard for decision makers of business to make a decision when it keeps changing!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​