Page 121 of 132 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I wonder if there will be social distancing at the beer lines....or urinals?
    It's already being done with food shopping and at large work places/offices. This can be done, but the overall number of people would have to be significantly reduced from capacity.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    It's already being done with food shopping and at large work places/offices. This can be done, but the overall number of people would have to be significantly reduced from capacity.
    That's true. I'm just wondering if serving alcohol will have an impact on how this plays out!

Dobber Sports Ninja

That's true. I'm just wondering if serving alcohol will have an impact on how this plays out!
    Good point. I hadn't thought that far. I would suspect teams would do everything in their power to allow selling alcohol, provided it's allowed wherever the host cities are.

Dobber Sports Titan

43% of COVID cases over the last 10 days in Hamilton Ontario have been from people in their 20s.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    43% of COVID cases over the last 10 days in Hamilton Ontario have been from people in their 20s.
    Sometimes I hate my generation.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Sometimes I hate my generation.
    That stat was actually from Friday June 5th. So the data range would be...May27th - June 5th.

But man...I saw since May 2-4 weekend ppl on my instagram were posting backyard stuff with their friends. I knew this was going to happen. S.O.B.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Cases tested positive or ICU cases? Does it matter if you get it if you don't go to ICU?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Cases tested positive or ICU cases? Does it matter if you get it if you don't go to ICU?
    It matters if those that test positive spread it to others that end up in the ICU. People who think that because they are young and healthy it doesn't matter if they get it are pretty selfish IMO.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Man... I might be a transplant resident... but God Damn I'm proud and happy to be living on Vancouver Island

4 weeks without a new COVID case. Rolling up on one week without a single active case on the Island.

... and BC as a whole is under 200 active cases.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Considering we still don't know what the long term effects of getting this might be, yes.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Man... I might be a transplant resident... but God Damn I'm proud and happy to be living on Vancouver Island

4 weeks without a new COVID case. Rolling up on one week without a single active case on the Island.

... and BC as a whole is under 200 active cases.
    Jealous. I moved back to Alberta just under 3 years ago and totally regret it. Would love to move to Victoria but not sure we will be able to afford housing there - but we'll see.

The Great One

Just read an article on the CBC about the potential return on NHL and CFL (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...emic-1.5591171).

Geez, this reporting is a tad depressing. Preview: the article is entitled "Never mind 2020 — it could be years before pro sports fans are back in the stands." I'm not a doctor or public health expert, so I have no idea how accurate this stuff is...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Just read an article on the CBC about the potential return on NHL and CFL (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...emic-1.5591171).

Geez, this reporting is a tad depressing. Preview: the article is entitled "Never mind 2020 — it could be years before pro sports fans are back in the stands." I'm not a doctor or public health expert, so I have no idea how accurate this stuff is...
    It could be... but I have also heard and read that Texas is allowing limited capacity in sporting stadiums already.

I know the PBR is having an event in July that will be having limited capacity fans in attendance.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Just popping in to remind people that the stay at home orders were not to stop people from getting it, but to prevent hospitals from getting overwhelmed.

People really need to start leveling with the idea that Covid is probably part of the diseases we just have now. Even with a vaccine, it's unlikely to ever be eradicated.

We should still protect the oldest and most vulnerable populations, but people in general getting the disease isn't necessarily bad.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just popping in to remind people that the stay at home orders were not to stop people from getting it, but to prevent hospitals from getting overwhelmed.

People really need to start leveling with the idea that Covid is probably part of the diseases we just have now. Even with a vaccine, it's unlikely to ever be eradicated.

We should still protect the oldest and most vulnerable populations, but people in general getting the disease isn't necessarily bad.
    It isn't necessarily good either. It's a novel disease that we are learning more about all the time, but still has many unanswered questions.

It could lead to relatively benign outcomes for the vast majority of the population, or maybe there are some outcomes that we don't know about yet. This is why we have so many smart people researching it.

I agree, the chances are that this is just going to be a part of our society for several years, or perhaps forever. We still have to be very careful at this point since we no treatments, no vaccines, and an extremely low number of people who have already got the disease. Things are looking pretty decent since it's summer, but health experts all seem concerned about the potential of what might happen in the fall/winter. We could still get hammered pretty hard.