Page 120 of 132 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Not from my medical expertise - but just a question: If there’s NOT a big spike in coronavirus cases by next week, after the protests and riots, then can we say that the social distancing has been proven to be less necessary than we all thought? I’d think fans in the stands aren’t too much different than we’ve seen this week (from a virus standpoint only).
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Not from my medical expertise - but just a question: If there’s NOT a big spike in coronavirus cases by next week, after the protests and riots, then can we say that the social distancing has been proven to be less necessary than we all thought? I’d think fans in the stands aren’t too much different than we’ve seen this week (from a virus standpoint only).
    Interesting point. I suppose the natural response is what is a "big" spike? Balancing health versus the economy is so brutal.

Dobber Sports Ninja

No we cant say that.

Dobber Sports Ace

NHL stadiums are what, 20K? Baseball and football are at least 3 times that. The scale is not comparable, the individual protests that have been happening are just not that big. Not to mention the fact that people are outdoors and not concentrated in a confined area in the same way/touching the same objects etc etc.

There have been spikes in some areas though, such as California, and we will probably see more.

So yeah, while what is happening is obviously not good for spread of the virus trying draw that kind of sweeping conclusion seems like a stretch.

Dobber Sports Titan

From a statistical stand point, you would have needed to test people before the protests vs after.

In Ontario, there was like a 8 day run where numbers were higher than the day before. And that was pre-protests (Ontario had a couple of "parades"). It's sadly a hard thing to prove either way. With the period between infection and when you show symptoms too, it could be a week after you go to a protest but also, you went to the grocery store the next day. Did you get it at the protest or at the grocery store?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I definitely see your point. And I definitely see making sense. Some of the riots people are not social distancing... but there is definitely the ability to social distance while watching a sporting event inside.

And I know there is one sport that is going to allow fans to view events live starting in July. Obviously not at 100% capacity of the arena, but at a X% of the capacity.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Italy. Brazil. New York. We know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Italy. Brazil. New York. We know what happens.
    Kokomo??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ace

“Trump began his term promising to build a wall to protect America from the world. He ends it building a wall to protect himself from Americans.”

https://twitter.com/nickconfessore/s...60617566240768

Apparently, in addition to the steel wall, there are now crews adding a concrete barrier as well..

Dobber Sports Ninja

I thought he had the SS, er sorry, unidentified and mysterious law enforcement officers, there to protect him. Why would he need a wall?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Can't wait to see if there is a spike in COVID cases in about 10 days or so (in the cities where there were large protests). I sincerely hope not, but COVID likely doesn't discriminate between good gatherings or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Can't wait to see if there is a spike in COVID cases in about 10 days or so (in the cities where there were large protests). I sincerely hope not, but COVID likely doesn't discriminate between good gatherings or bad.
    No exactly.

I did hear that Texas is opening up sporting faciilties for events up to 50% capacity...https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...d-19-pandemic/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Nobody is going to disagree with calling looting or violence bad, but peaceful protests for civil rights should NOT be included in that category. The issues that have come up (due to actions of both protestors and police) make for better news stories, but many of these protests have been peaceful, and when there have been issues many of those present have been peaceful protestors who were not involved.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    No exactly.

I did hear that Texas is opening up sporting faciilties for events up to 50% capacity...https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...d-19-pandemic/
    I wonder if there will be social distancing at the beer lines....or urinals?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Nobody is going to disagree with calling looting or violence bad, but peaceful protests for civil rights should NOT be included in that category. The issues that have come up (due to actions of both protestors and police) make for better news stories, but many of these protests have been peaceful, and when there have been issues many of those present have been peaceful protestors who were not involved.
    COVID doesn't care why gatherings happen or whether they are peaceful or not.