Page 59 of 116 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 1738

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

  1. #871
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    A friend of mine owns a local brewery. he has his beer in SK & MB. as of Jan. he was still unable to distribute to AB. Nothing has changed much since then.
    It must be very local. There's BC wines in Costco and BC beer at co-op

  2. #872
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Whether he actually backed down or not...there is public perception that he backed down... he 'warned' Trump and then went back on his warnings. To use doulos example that Trump is a toddler.... any parent knows that an empty threat just gives the toddler more power over the parent.

    And its similar to the protesters we had a month ago... he said it had to stop... but he never did anything to stop it... again.. dealing with toddlers...and every time a toddler gets an inch... they go for another one.

    So when dealing with a toddler... if you are not going to stick up to your warning... then its best to just ignore their attitude and they will learn that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The first press conference when asked about Trump demanding 3M stop shipments - his statement was 'no, we will not impose sanctions on the US' - paraphrasing. But from the outset he did not threaten to cut the US off. It was noted Canada supplies materials 3M use in making the masks and disposable ventilators -- but there was no threat to stop sending those materials.
    This should be pretty easy. If what PH is saying is accurate, he should be pretty easily able to post the two clips where Trudeau says one thing on the issue and then "backs down". We do it with Trump all the time, because it's easy.

  3. #873
    Rep Power
    40

    The Wolverine

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    https://globalnews.ca/news/6782934/c...nity-covid-19/

    So wearing non medical masks can help prevent you from passing COVID 19 to others... but does not protect yourself. That is encouraging news.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  4. #874
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    17,366
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6782934/c...nity-covid-19/

    So wearing non medical masks can help prevent you from passing COVID 19 to others... but does not protect yourself. That is encouraging news.
    because someone can sneeze or cough which lands on you - you then rub your eyes or wipe your mouth and voila - you're f**ed
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  5. #875
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario
    Rep Power
    40

    Administrator

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    because someone can sneeze or cough which lands on you - you then rub your eyes or wipe your mouth and voila - you're f**ed
    Yeah it mainly keeps what comes out of your nose/mouth closer to you. So if you're "carrying" then there's a better chance you'll remain the only carrier.


    Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

  6. #876
    Rep Power
    40

    The Wolverine

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    because someone can sneeze or cough which lands on you - you then rub your eyes or wipe your mouth and voila - you're f**ed
    yup. And there are so many people out there with a selfish mentality that they will wear a mask thinking they are protecting themselves, but in fact them self is the only one they are not protecting.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  7. #877
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    17,366
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    yup. And there are so many people out there with a selfish mentality that they will wear a mask thinking they are protecting themselves, but in fact them self is the only one they are not protecting.
    Social distancing has officially pushed people back to the edge of my natural bubble.
    The big difference for me..I can now yell "YOU'RE IN MY SPACE" and not have everyone around me look at me like I'm bat-shit crazy. Instead they stank-eye the space invader
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  8. #878
    Location
    Ottawa
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Legend

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yeah it mainly keeps what comes out of your nose/mouth closer to you. So if you're "carrying" then there's a better chance you'll remain the only carrier.
    If I'm asymptomatic and I sneeze/cough/drool into my mask, wouldn't I have a better chance to infect myself? Just asking for a friend.

  9. #879
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    17,366
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    If I'm asymptomatic and I sneeze/cough/drool into my mask, wouldn't I have a better chance to infect myself? Just asking for a friend.
    I'd really like to have a reporter ask Trump this exact question.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  10. #880
    Location
    Ottawa
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Legend

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    If I'm asymptomatic and I sneeze/cough/drool into my mask, wouldn't I have a better chance to infect myself? Just asking for a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd really like to have a reporter ask Trump this exact question.
    I was literally thinking what you said when I typed that ! lol

  11. #881
    Rep Power
    40

    The Wolverine

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    If I'm asymptomatic and I sneeze/cough/drool into my mask, wouldn't I have a better chance to infect myself? Just asking for a friend.
    If someone is asymptomatic, that means they already got the virus, so they have already been infected. Does it not?

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd really like to have a reporter ask Trump this exact question.
    yes, give the reporter another useless question you ask... someone asked in a provincial media scrum today a question:

    yeaterday there was 12 cases in this region and today there is only 11 in that region.

    but in this other region it went from 5 to 6. Why did it change?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  12. #882
    Location
    Ottawa
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Legend

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If someone is asymptomatic, that means they already got the virus, so they have already been infected. Does it not?
    Yes, I was being purposefully daft and seriously had Trump in my mind as I was typing it (laughing my butt off, I don't get out much lately and live alone, so cut me a little slack!).

  13. #883
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    17,366
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If someone is asymptomatic, that means they already got the virus, so they have already been infected. Does it not?



    yes, give the reporter another useless question you ask... someone asked in a provincial media scrum today a question:

    yeaterday there was 12 cases in this region and today there is only 11 in that region.

    but in this other region it went from 5 to 6. Why did it change?
    The Comish was clearly stating that as a metaphorical joke.

    I say ask the useless question because my $$ is on Trump bumbling the answer and categorically demonstrating his uselessness as a leader.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  14. #884
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    On a related note, it is unreal to me that Trump refuses to answer questions that are even the slightest bit critical or pertain to issues that don't paint him in a rosy light, and instead routinely insults the person asking the question. Like seriously, how is that acceptable behaviour for any adult, never mind one in charge of a country?

  15. #885
    Rylant's Avatar
    Rylant is online now
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,365
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Expert

    Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

    Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    On a related note, it is unreal to me that Trump refuses to answer questions that are even the slightest bit critical or pertain to issues that don't paint him in a rosy light, and instead routinely insults the person asking the question. Like seriously, how is that acceptable behaviour for any adult, never mind one in charge of a country?
    He is very fragile...

    Rylant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •