Page 117 of 132 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    thats what happens when dems dont get off their asses to vote . tough 4 year lesson to learn (45% didnt vote )
    Sadly it’s going to be another tough 4 years when Trump is re-elected.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Where was this originally posted?

Whenever I read a line such as, "Immunity is greatly weakened by always staying in a sterile environment. Even if you eat immunity boosting foods, please go out of your house regularly to any park/beach." my bullshit detector goes off. The household is not even remotely a sterile environment. It's utterly filthy and disgusting, no matter how well you clean. Then the bit about immunity boosting foods?! The earlier points make more sense, but it's almost like those last lines got tacked on by someone.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Where was this originally posted?

Whenever I read a line such as, "Immunity is greatly weakened by always staying in a sterile environment. Even if you eat immunity boosting foods, please go out of your house regularly to any park/beach." my bullshit detector goes off. The household is not even remotely a sterile environment. It's utterly filthy and disgusting, no matter how well you clean. Then the bit about immunity boosting foods?! The earlier points make more sense, but it's almost like those last lines got tacked on by someone.
    A good friend of mine that works at the hospital here shared it on her facebook page.

And yes, the house isn't sterile but your body is used to the germs in there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    A good friend of mine that works at the hospital here shared it on her facebook page.

And yes, the house isn't sterile but your body is used to the germs in there.
    Where did she get it from? I find it hard to believe that the last part it would have been posted by someone in that position, but then there has been some strange stuff posted these days, so who knows.

I'd love to see the original list. I would be shocked if it included the stuff at the end.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Where did she get it from? I find it hard to believe that the last part it would have been posted by someone in that position, but then there has been some strange stuff posted these days, so who knows.

I'd love to see the original list. I would be shocked if it included the stuff at the end.

Growing up on a farm... I thought the stuff at the end was common sense.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont know where she got it from to be honest. I just thought it made a lot of really smart points and felt it was worth sharing.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Growing up on a farm... I thought the stuff at the end was common sense.
    That puts so much into perspective.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I dont know where she got it from to be honest. I just thought it made a lot of really smart points and felt it was worth sharing.
    If you find out let me know. I'd be interested in reading the original source. It looks like made up Facebook stuff as it currently sits. In fact, when I do a google search for these exact lines, all I get is a list of the points and, again, no source material. It basically looks like spam. I'm open to seeing evidence that it is not though.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you find out let me know. I'd be interested in reading the original source. It looks like made up Facebook stuff as it currently sits. In fact, when I do a google search for these exact lines, all I get is a list of the points and, again, no source material. It basically looks like spam. I'm open to seeing evidence that it is not though.
    Well you know, if it's on Facebook, it has to be true.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well you know, if it's on Facebook, it has to be true.
    Glad you understand my concern...haha.

In terms of lists, I prefer this one, that shows a small sampling of Covid-19 BS.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/an-...d-19-quackery/

The Great One

Appears to be made up, the best I can tell. Some are sourcing it to "The Head of the Infectious Disease Clinic. University of Maryland" and "Dr Feheem Younus" but this does not appear to be a legit source. IE: https://thuppahi.wordpress.com/2020/...-the-covid-19/

Dr. Younus does exist, though, and some of his tweets are consistent with some of the messaging in the list...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Indeed, some of it is similar. And some of it is not. I feel pretty confident, absent of any other evidence, that this made up list, was not from him. Just more Facebook BS.

Dobber Sports Deity

Indeed, some of it is similar. And some of it is not. I feel pretty confident, absent of any other evidence, that this made up list, was not from him. Just more Facebook BS.
    So there was 16 points listed in the post. Which ones do you feel are inaccurate/BS?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Facebook BS is a catch all term for stuff that comes from Facebook but does not seem to actually come from anywhere reputable. Some of this stuff makes sense. As I said previously, what got my BS meter going was the stuff near the end that started talking immunity boosting foods, the home being a sterile environment, and being exposed to pathogens. It reeks of "chicken pox parties" type thinking. But then again, I only grew up on an acreage, and not a full farm, so what do I know.

Dobber Sports Deity

Facebook BS is a catch all term for stuff that comes from Facebook but does not seem to actually come from anywhere reputable. Some of this stuff makes sense. As I said previously, what got my BS meter going was the stuff near the end that started talking immunity boosting foods, the home being a sterile environment, and being exposed to pathogens. It reeks of "chicken pox parties" type thinking. But then again, I only grew up on an acreage, and not a full farm, so what do I know.
    So the fact that I told you that it came from a friends post on Facebook means that the information is inaccurate, not the information itself.