Page 41 of 132 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The death and anti-science is what Americans voted for. They reap what they sow.
    No one voted for death... not their own.... --

Anti-science though? Yup, big time. Vote for Trump is a vote for corporate america who can't stand science because it impedes business and growth too much.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    You know the real culprit is COVID 19 right? haha
    That I do. With a brother-in-law in quarantine right now... I for sure do.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    That I do. With a brother-in-law in quarantine right now... I for sure do.
    I know you know cause you are smart guy. But I asked you to remind those in here who think Trump and Trudeau are the culprits.

Or those that think China is the culprit.

Its much bigger than any of those!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Is that what they really voted for? C'mon man...

And do you forget who the other option that they could have voted for... it still would have been death and ________ (fill in the blank - there is lots of options.

Republican, Democrat, Green or Purple... there would have been death. You can wish/think or whatever you want that Clinton would have done a better job. But there is as much possibility that she would have done a worse job.

And if you think about it... there is also a possibility that Scheer could have.... or could not have done a better job than Trudeau... but we will never know.
    The other option would be inept in a totally different way. Predictable is one word I would use to describe what we would have seen from Clinton.
    There's no argument from me that she would have been a good president. I'm not a fan.

It would have been Death and emails...

The saddest thing - in 4yrs they haven't found a competent fresh face to run for President.

Bi-partisan politics is the dumbest thing ever. It really is.

I've said it in previous threads. How refreshing would it be to see a debate and have one person look across and say 'you're right. that's a great idea. If I get in, I'll adopt that policy because it's the best option for all'

Dobber Sports Jedi

I know you know cause you are smart guy. But I asked you to remind those in here who think Trump and Trudeau are the culprits.

Or those that think China is the culprit.

Its much bigger than any of those!
    It's true.
    Thousands in the US would die regardless of who is Pres. Obama's a much better option than Clinton.

Give him a 3rd term.. what percentage decrease in cases/deaths does that amount to? 10% - 20% - 40%

If you take the high end... US still has 2500 deceased vs. 4066 (latest update today)

If we bot back 40 years... I actually believe the best President would only be able to make a 20-25% decrease in cases across the country. I say only, when this is over, that 'only' could be 5 000 - 50 000 lives

I've said it in previous threads. How refreshing would it be to see a debate and have one person look across and say 'you're right. that's a great idea. If I get in, I'll adopt that policy because it's the best option for all'
    Amen to this!! Amen!!

And I read in another thread that it is your birthday...

Let's all take a break from the COVID 19 to wish lucafen a happy happy happy birthday!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

President Trump was taking this more seriously, and earlier, than the Democrats were.
    He imposed travel restrictions into the US long before Nancy Pelosi was doing stuff like this, for example:
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...atown/2240247/

And long before Bill De Blasio was saying stuff like this: "If you're not sick, you should be going about your life."
    https://ny.eater.com/2020/3/11/21175...-safe-dine-out

The gotcha stuff, using a pandemic to play politics, is so boring and the left just will not stop with it.
    Everybody has some "blood on their hands" including President Trump. Including his doctors. Everybody.

To quote a very wise man who Pm'd me recently: Enough already.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Amen to this!! Amen!!

And I read in another thread that it is your birthday...

Let's all take a break from the COVID 19 to wish lucafen a happy happy happy birthday!!!
    heh... not my birthday.... the comment was - my mother-in-laws silence was like a birthday present. I might have written it incorrectly.

heh... not my birthday.... the comment was - my mother-in-laws silence was like a birthday present. I might have written it incorrectly.
    Or you wrote it cleverly and got me for April Fools! My bad!

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Or you wrote it cleverly and got me for April Fools! My bad!
    whichever one works better. That's what I said.

Dobber Sports Deity

They just sacked Wimbledon, if anyone cares.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    They just sacked Wimbledon, if anyone cares.
    Federer.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

so you are not hoping for a gamee changer?
    I do not think the current results of Chloroquine or Hydroxychloroquine on treating Covid-19 are substantial enough to call them a potential game changer and have people start hoarding them and overdosing on them, no.

Which is a different statement than the one you're desperately trying to twist my words in to.

Dobber Sports Padawan

" On March 29, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration formally approved the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for use against COVID-19. While no clinical trials have been done, the federal agency cited the actions of other countries that adopted the drugs as a coronavirus treatment."

"Hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug, slows the growth of the new coronavirus in some patients and azithromycin, the antibiotic sometimes referred to as a Z-pack, increases the immune response and fights off secondary infections. Hospitals around the world report anecdotal evidence that the treatment shows benefits..."

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...w4y-story.html

It's being used in hospitals "around the world" - that's substantial enough for me to be hopeful that it's a game changer.
    It has already saved lives.
    Benefit > cost

Dobber Sports Ninja

No one voted for death... not their own.... --

Anti-science though? Yup, big time. Vote for Trump is a vote for corporate america who can't stand science because it impedes business and growth too much.
    They absolutely voted for death and are cheering it on. There are many who are completely fine with your grandparents dying to keep the economy going. I have had it said directly to me.