Page 46 of 132 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Administrator

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    No, but when your leader says it's nothing to worry about, does that help or hurt? People look to their leaders for guidance.
    It didn't help at all but it's also not correct to point in a single direction. All of the counter-productive behavior (including those taking part in the fake left/right argument) is decades in the making. It took a lot to get us to where we are.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Well said! Just take a look at all the people on beaches in during Spring Break.. can you point to any one person to blame for that recklessness?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It didn't help at all but it's also not correct to point in a single direction. All of the counter-productive behavior (including those taking part in the fake left/right argument) is decades in the making. It took a lot to get us to where we are.
    100%

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    No, but when your leader says it's nothing to worry about, does that help or hurt? People look to their leaders for guidance.
    Yup... and my wife is always right. I mean correct. Because she's left leaning. Shit - you know what I mean. "Yes Dear."
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you read all the comments your analogy lacks some critical parts... Where does Trump have any passed experience with pandemics? Does he? No..... No one does!
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...olitico-2020-3

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...in-2016-2020-3

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...andemic-132797

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...mp-cdc/608215/

Take your pick really.

Dobber Sports Titan

It's pretty nuts these were discussion points President's have to have. I'm sure there's like a nuclear war one (obvi) and as weird as it might be...zombie apocalypse style discussion.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

1) All these articles are dated in March 2020 (I can't read them all because of my add-blocker) So do they discuss a pandemic that Trump has experienced?

2) It didn't really answer my question - have we experience a Pandemic like this in our lifetime... not that I recall. Smaller ones... yes... and that is the experience that lots of leaders were comparing it to for a long time. How many times did this COVID 19 get compared to SARS? So leaders used information from the experience with SARS... only to find out that wasn't sufficient?

Dobber Sports Titan

1) All these articles are dated in March 2020 (I can't read them all because of my add-blocker) So do they discuss a pandemic that Trump has experienced?

2) It didn't really answer my question - have we experience a Pandemic like this in our lifetime... not that I recall. Smaller ones... yes... and that is the experience that lots of leaders were comparing it to for a long time. How many times did this COVID 19 get compared to SARS? So leaders used information from the experience with SARS... only to find out that wasn't sufficient?
    I understood the post as, "he's had the opportunity to get info on such a pandemic years in advanced because typically President's are given plans on almost anything before they happen".

Not sure if it's a post to say Trump has experience or a post making fun of Trump for not taking his job seriously enough at the time to absorb the info with an open mind.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/business-insider/
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-atlantic/
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/politico/

So I read the politco article since that was the only truly fair source provided. (The other two are tagged as left leaning and, imo, much more left than even mediabiasfactcheck will admit).

My basic takeaway from the politco article is this, and I do appreciate the info:

A 3 hour briefing is supposed to be considered pandemic experience ?
    Come on.

"Sean Spicer, Trump’s first White House press secretary, was among those who participated in the meeting. He said he understood the reasons such exercises could be useful, but described the encounter as a massive transfer of information that ultimately felt very theoretical. In real life, things are never as simple as what’s presented in a table-top exercise," he said.

"None of the sources argued that one meeting three years ago could have dramatically altered events today."
    exactly ^

I'll say again for newcomers, the "gotcha" stuff against the President is just politicizing a pandemic because they see this as an opportunity to get him out later this year.
    That's all it is.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The US is in the position it's in today because Trump kept publicly downplaying the severity of the situation (in fact he made a mockery of it through Twitter and TV) and completely ignored the clear evidence from China that social distancing measures needed to be put in place asap. In fact, during this time, Trump was actually busy trying to MUZZLE the most qualified man in the US to give advice on pandemics! He wasn't just squandering time - he was putting the US in a deeper deficit. When 330 million people (half of whom are uneducated sheep to begin with) see their leader sending this message, they will blindly follow his lead.

By the time he finally realized his idiocy and backpedaled, it was already too late. Simple as that.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

A 3 hour briefing determined that the government was unprepared, and the response to that wasn't "try and get more prepared", it was "cut more stuff".

Dobber Sports Ninja

Donald Trump: "Nobody knew (insert any topic at all) could be so complicated!"

So the goalposts have been shifted to "He has never lived through a pandemic exactly like this so his incompetence should be forgiven."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    A 3 hour briefing determined that the government was unprepared, and the response to that wasn't "try and get more prepared", it was "cut more stuff".
    Fair enough. But "try to get more prepared" also wouldn't qualify as pandemic experience.

Governments cut stuff. It happens.
    They couldn't have predicted that a pandemic would happen 3 years after that decision. This isn't Larsson for Hall where almost everybody was slamming it as disastrous the very moment it happened.

No matter what spin and Monday-morning-Quarterbacking people want to try, it should always come back to this:
    It's not President Trump's fault that someone in Wuhan consumed a diseased bat and then China decided to try hiding it from the world for months.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Donald Trump: "Nobody knew (insert any topic at all) could be so complicated!"

So the goalposts have been shifted to "He has never lived through a pandemic exactly like this so his incompetence should be forgiven."
    The use of quotations (") usually means direct quote... but I don't recall anyone saying that.

There is some saying this isn't a political issue... but as always there are those who choose not to see the forest for the trees.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Fair enough. But "try to get more prepared" also wouldn't qualify as pandemic experience.

Governments cut stuff. It happens.
    They couldn't have predicted that a pandemic would happen 3 years after that decision. This isn't Larsson for Hall where almost everybody was slamming it as disastrous the very moment it happened.

No matter what spin and Monday-morning-Quarterbacking people want to try, it should always come back to this:
    It's not President Trump's fault that someone in Wuhan consumed a diseased bat and then China decided to try hiding it from the world for months.
    Its funny... I think I saw this exact same argument used to support the guy in New York who refused to by ventilators three years ago.

Funny how its an argument that will work for one side when it is in their favour but not worthy when it is against there side.

It will be a better America and a better world when people can look at each scenario without their red and blue googles on!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​